American Income Life Management Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

1.6

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Lafayette, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy but I feel like I was getting a sales pitch. I was told that this was not a sales position but then commission was discussed. So I was slightly put off. I was pulled aside by the head who supposedly was not even supposed to be holding interviews. I was called back for a second interview for tomorrow but I will be armed with questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview I had lasted less than a minute. I talked with a guy and after I had finished my short about me speech, I was escorted to a room to do the group interview. I was not expecting to waste an hour here. The speech was compelling, and got me very excited. That excitement faded once I realized that the management position that I thought I was applying for would not come until I had proved myself as a salesman. I decided not to join the company.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked many questions other than taking a personality quiz, but they did make sure that i had a personal laptop and reliable transportation. Nothing about my work ethic.   Answer Question

They just want sales people

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume on monster or careerbuilder -- i can't remember which one -- and she gave me an overview of what the company did and asked if i could come in for a group interview a few days later. I went in and the manager had a presentation that explained everything that they did and how they did it.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Beltsville, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and made an interview appointment. In the meantime, I did my research on the Torchmark corporation and AIL and am confident I can utilize this company to generate a successful career for my family. I sat through a descriptive group interview with Kevin Davis, who is a top dog of the company. I am meeting with him tomorrow and have a lot of questions for him that have been produced by the comments on this website, so thanks for the feedback!!!

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as a competitive person on a scale of 1-10?   1 Answer
    • We all have weaknesses, what are two of yours that may affect your work potential?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would advise anyone going into a position such as this to have a very self-motivated attitude and never give up on the endless opportunities given. It may seem useless, but anything worth having is worth working for.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Income Life (Fargo, ND) in July 2012.

Interview

I went in for an interview that was 20 minutes behind because they had several people interviewing at the same time. I was asked to stay for a Group interview after my personal Interview. I had to miss an appointment I had scheduled for 2 weeks and my husband had to take the kids to his doctor all because I was not told it could be a three hour interview. Communication could be better. I was told I would be interviewing with the person that called me. I still have not met him. I interviewed with 2 other people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I actually don't know the outcome yet but I have to awnser this to get to research the company more.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Columbia, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

I saw the posting on my school's website. They were looking for someone to take care of managerial duties. But when i got there, It was totally different story. They were looking for someone to go in people's house and sell insurance. After selling insurances for 6 months to an year, then u might become supervisor. even then you have to go people's houses.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if i was married (Because I was about to have no life/eife if I had join that company). The training was gonna be intense and was requiring me to work all evenings and Saturdays.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (San Antonio, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

The day before the interview, I got a phone call from a recruiter. At first, I did not even know what position I was interviewing until almost two hours later. This was a recruiting session. there were about twenty-five other people. First, I had a one on one few minute interview with a manager. I passed that interview part. Then, I went to the room where I had to sit through an hour and a half orientation about the company. That was it. I got a phone call about an hour later, but i was at work. I told the recruiter that called that I had no time to really think about the job opportunity. I respectfully declined.

Management Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was invited to an interview, but it turned out to be a group setting where the Manager gave a presentation on the company and talked about how important it was that they hired the "right" people because of their union ties. She also talked a lot about money and goals. After the presentation she flipped through our resumes and made piles, I am assuming based on what we looked like because there was no discussion. The good news is, I apparently looked okay and got a call back later that night. I came in the next day and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why should I extend this opportunity to you?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to attend training without pay for the next 6-8 weeks?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a 100% sales gig, so there is nothing to negotiate. Either you are willing to spend 2 months training without pay or not.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Income Life in September 2014.

Interview

False advertising, never mentioned insurance industry, or commission based income, in fact, promoted a fixed salary. Did a phone interview with a secretary, then a group intro session, then right away an individual interview. Typical insurance talk, psyching the crowd up, seeing how many people would sign up for a system that may work very well for some body who has no dependents, that has time to work at building up a business, until you earn a six figure income. I would have loved to give it a go, but with immediate responsibilities, having been led by the nose just to get me into their offices for an "interview" that was nothing but selling their business to me, was not appreciated, or what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Not so much the questions - which was all very predictable once I figured out their game, as much as the feeling of being cheated into a "fake interview". I realize it is not a pyramid scheme, but if feels to much like something that once was popular...   1 Answer

I have responsibilities now. I need a salary now. I don't have months to wait for income to start trickling in. Even though they promised to pay incentives for the first few months, those dry up! And in my defence, your primary working hours would be from 2pm till 10ish. With a young family that really is out off the question.