American Income Life Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an AIL recruiter by phone about open positions. I asked point blank more than once if this was a sales position. I was assured that it was not sales, they were hiring for management positions. I explained that I had spent 10 years in insurance sales and I got out of it due to being tired of the "grind" of sales. As I said, I was repeatedly assured that it was not sales. On that assurance I made the appointment for the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell the interviewer about myself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a total sham. The email was a cut and paste response. I thought it odd, but continued. I had done my research that said the interview process was not what they said it would be, but I decided to try. I received an email with the name of the person I was to see. When I showed up that person was " sick" . I was told to dress business professional and the interviewer was not dressed bp at all. I asked where the person I was suppose to see was and she told me she did not do interviews. When I mentioned I had an email stating so, she just sat there and shrugged her shoulders. The interview was scripted, she was reading off of a clipboard, and the questions were not job interview questions at all. I walked out mid interview.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Lafayette, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy but I feel like I was getting a sales pitch. I was told that this was not a sales position but then commission was discussed. So I was slightly put off. I was pulled aside by the head who supposedly was not even supposed to be holding interviews. I was called back for a second interview for tomorrow but I will be armed with questions.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview I had lasted less than a minute. I talked with a guy and after I had finished my short about me speech, I was escorted to a room to do the group interview. I was not expecting to waste an hour here. The speech was compelling, and got me very excited. That excitement faded once I realized that the management position that I thought I was applying for would not come until I had proved myself as a salesman. I decided not to join the company.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked many questions other than taking a personality quiz, but they did make sure that i had a personal laptop and reliable transportation. Nothing about my work ethic.   Answer Question

They just want sales people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

2 days, consisting of a 5 step interview process. learned a LOT! You will figure out by the 3rd round if this is for you or not. I was very motivated and had to at least give this a try! it was out of my comfort zone but I knew I could be successful, and I am!

Interview Questions

• where I saw myself in 5 years. They made a plan to help me get there   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume on monster or careerbuilder -- i can't remember which one -- and she gave me an overview of what the company did and asked if i could come in for a group interview a few days later. I went in and the manager had a presentation that explained everything that they did and how they did it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Beltsville, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and made an interview appointment. In the meantime, I did my research on the Torchmark corporation and AIL and am confident I can utilize this company to generate a successful career for my family. I sat through a descriptive group interview with Kevin Davis, who is a top dog of the company. I am meeting with him tomorrow and have a lot of questions for him that have been produced by the comments on this website, so thanks for the feedback!!!

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as a competitive person on a scale of 1-10?   1 Answer
    • We all have weaknesses, what are two of yours that may affect your work potential?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would advise anyone going into a position such as this to have a very self-motivated attitude and never give up on the endless opportunities given. It may seem useless, but anything worth having is worth working for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Income Life (Fargo, ND) in July 2012.

Interview

I went in for an interview that was 20 minutes behind because they had several people interviewing at the same time. I was asked to stay for a Group interview after my personal Interview. I had to miss an appointment I had scheduled for 2 weeks and my husband had to take the kids to his doctor all because I was not told it could be a three hour interview. Communication could be better. I was told I would be interviewing with the person that called me. I still have not met him. I interviewed with 2 other people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I actually don't know the outcome yet but I have to awnser this to get to research the company more.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Columbia, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

I saw the posting on my school's website. They were looking for someone to take care of managerial duties. But when i got there, It was totally different story. They were looking for someone to go in people's house and sell insurance. After selling insurances for 6 months to an year, then u might become supervisor. even then you have to go people's houses.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if i was married (Because I was about to have no life/eife if I had join that company). The training was gonna be intense and was requiring me to work all evenings and Saturdays.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (San Antonio, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

The day before the interview, I got a phone call from a recruiter. At first, I did not even know what position I was interviewing until almost two hours later. This was a recruiting session. there were about twenty-five other people. First, I had a one on one few minute interview with a manager. I passed that interview part. Then, I went to the room where I had to sit through an hour and a half orientation about the company. That was it. I got a phone call about an hour later, but i was at work. I told the recruiter that called that I had no time to really think about the job opportunity. I respectfully declined.