American Income Life Management Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

1.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life.

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my resume on monster or careerbuilder -- i can't remember which one -- and she gave me an overview of what the company did and asked if i could come in for a group interview a few days later. I went in and the manager had a presentation that explained everything that they did and how they did it.

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in July 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter and made an interview appointment. In the meantime, I did my research on the Torchmark corporation and AIL and am confident I can utilize this company to generate a successful career for my family. I sat through a descriptive group interview with Kevin Davis, who is a top dog of the company. I am meeting with him tomorrow and have a lot of questions for him that have been produced by the comments on this website, so thanks for the feedback!!!

Interview Questions
    • Would you describe yourself as a competitive person on a scale of 1-10?   View Answer
    • We all have weaknesses, what are two of yours that may affect your work potential?   View Answer
    I would advise anyone going into a position such as this to have a very self-motivated attitude and never give up on the endless opportunities given. It may seem useless, but anything worth having is worth working for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Income Life in July 2012.

I went in for an interview that was 20 minutes behind because they had several people interviewing at the same time. I was asked to stay for a Group interview after my personal Interview. I had to miss an appointment I had scheduled for 2 weeks and my husband had to take the kids to his doctor all because I was not told it could be a three hour interview. Communication could be better. I was told I would be interviewing with the person that called me. I still have not met him. I interviewed with 2 other people.

Interview Questions
    I actually don't know the outcome yet but I have to awnser this to get to research the company more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in January 2012.

I saw the posting on my school's website. They were looking for someone to take care of managerial duties. But when i got there, It was totally different story. They were looking for someone to go in people's house and sell insurance. After selling insurances for 6 months to an year, then u might become supervisor. even then you have to go people's houses.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if i was married (Because I was about to have no life/eife if I had join that company). The training was gonna be intense and was requiring me to work all evenings and Saturdays.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in November 2011.

The day before the interview, I got a phone call from a recruiter. At first, I did not even know what position I was interviewing until almost two hours later. This was a recruiting session. there were about twenty-five other people. First, I had a one on one few minute interview with a manager. I passed that interview part. Then, I went to the room where I had to sit through an hour and a half orientation about the company. That was it. I got a phone call about an hour later, but i was at work. I told the recruiter that called that I had no time to really think about the job opportunity. I respectfully declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in October 2011.

I was invited to an interview, but it turned out to be a group setting where the Manager gave a presentation on the company and talked about how important it was that they hired the "right" people because of their union ties. She also talked a lot about money and goals. After the presentation she flipped through our resumes and made piles, I am assuming based on what we looked like because there was no discussion. The good news is, I apparently looked okay and got a call back later that night. I came in the next day and was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I extend this opportunity to you?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to attend training without pay for the next 6-8 weeks?   Answer Question
    It's a 100% sales gig, so there is nothing to negotiate. Either you are willing to spend 2 months training without pay or not.