American Income Life

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fargo, ND

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2012.

Interview Details – I went in for an interview that was 20 minutes behind because they had several people interviewing at the same time. I was asked to stay for a Group interview after my personal Interview. I had to miss an appointment I had scheduled for 2 weeks and my husband had to take the kids to his doctor all because I was not told it could be a three hour interview. Communication could be better. I was told I would be interviewing with the person that called me. I still have not met him. I interviewed with 2 other people.

Interview Question – I think all questions were appropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually don't know the outcome yet but I have to awnser this to get to research the company more.

Beltsville, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and made an interview appointment. In the meantime, I did my research on the Torchmark corporation and AIL and am confident I can utilize this company to generate a successful career for my family. I sat through a descriptive group interview with Kevin Davis, who is a top dog of the company. I am meeting with him tomorrow and have a lot of questions for him that have been produced by the comments on this website, so thanks for the feedback!!!

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as a competitive person on a scale of 1-10?   View Answer
  • We all have weaknesses, what are two of yours that may affect your work potential?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I would advise anyone going into a position such as this to have a very self-motivated attitude and never give up on the endless opportunities given. It may seem useless, but anything worth having is worth working for.

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in November 2011.

Interview Details – The day before the interview, I got a phone call from a recruiter. At first, I did not even know what position I was interviewing until almost two hours later. This was a recruiting session. there were about twenty-five other people. First, I had a one on one few minute interview with a manager. I passed that interview part. Then, I went to the room where I had to sit through an hour and a half orientation about the company. That was it. I got a phone call about an hour later, but i was at work. I told the recruiter that called that I had no time to really think about the job opportunity. I respectfully declined.

Columbia, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in January 2012.

Interview Details – I saw the posting on my school's website. They were looking for someone to take care of managerial duties. But when i got there, It was totally different story. They were looking for someone to go in people's house and sell insurance. After selling insurances for 6 months to an year, then u might become supervisor. even then you have to go people's houses.

Interview Question – They asked me if i was married (Because I was about to have no life/eife if I had join that company). The training was gonna be intense and was requiring me to work all evenings and Saturdays.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was invited to an interview, but it turned out to be a group setting where the Manager gave a presentation on the company and talked about how important it was that they hired the "right" people because of their union ties. She also talked a lot about money and goals. After the presentation she flipped through our resumes and made piles, I am assuming based on what we looked like because there was no discussion. The good news is, I apparently looked okay and got a call back later that night. I came in the next day and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It's a 100% sales gig, so there is nothing to negotiate. Either you are willing to spend 2 months training without pay or not.

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!