American Income Life

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Manager In Training

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life.

Interview Details – I received a call after posting my resume on various boards. I asked what the position was for and they said it was a management in training position. I looked into the company and was skeptical but went anyways.

I arrived for the interview and was given a questionnaire for personality traits and to gauge interest in the position. I walked in the room with several other candidates and the gentleman told me it was for a management position. The first half of the process was a presentation. The presentation was of how much money you could make by commission and by getting people under you-Pyramid Scheme. They loosely covered the product but then claimed you would be making 1k-5k a week starting out minimum. I doubt this is true because if it were they wouldn't have to recruit so aggressively. There was a five minute follow up interview with a manager followed by time for my own questions. This position turned out to be a sales position where you were responsible for your own start up costs and was paid entirely on comission with an unpaid training/shadowing period.

I recieved a call back in the afternoon for a follow up interview. This was on a Tuesday afternoon and they wanted mid-morning within the next two days. I declined those days because I am a Catering Operator and had contractual obligations for an event. I gave a list of other times that were close The Lady on the phone got very rude and said she would expect me to be more eager.. I declined follow up interview I would expect a company that truly values it's candidates to take their current obligations to customers seriously. Glad I got this sign early and dodged that bullet.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Smelled Fishy

Pelham, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2013.

Interview Details – Went in for the "interview" where the head of the branch gave a presentation selling the company to me and about 15 other people. Very inspirational stuff... The words "once in a lifetime opportunity" were being thrown around like beads at Mardi Gras. I went in for the real interview the next day where the guy immediately asked if I had any questions.. I'm like "who's giving the interview here?" Anyway, I ask my questions, meanwhile his gaze is so intense and unflinching that I'm starting to feel extremely uncomfortable. Then he asks me a couple questions like "why should I hire you?" and this guy is making me so nervous that I completely bomb this interview. Anyway, he offered me the job and the only thing missing was confetti being shot out of the ceiling - 3 different people came in, shook my hand and told me with a big fake smile, "Congratulations!" I'm stunned that I got the job at this point and really feel like something weird is going on. Long story short, I google this company (which is what I should have done before even wasting my time with them) and find out it's a pyramid scheme. They don't care who they hire, they just want as many people working for them as possible so make as much money as they can. I'll spare you the details, just google it and you'll see. The entire experience left me feeling discouraged and with little faith in humanity... But I've got an interview with a legitimate company in 2 days so all is forgiven. What I learned out of all this - DON'T LOOK FOR JOBS ON CRAIG'S LIST!!

Interview Question – Only a couple questions and they were as generic as they come.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I actually accepted, but before I started filling out the paperwork, I googled the company. Then I got the hell out of there and didn't look back!

Very Easy Interview

Tukwila, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a joke. I went to the interview and then I was given a form to fill out. It was a form disguised to do a sort of personality test. Once I finished filling out the form, I was called in with a group of job seekers and their was an individual who proceeded to a group interview. Well, there was no one on one interview and the guy actually congratulated us for getting to the third stage of the interview; which seems odd because there was never a first stage.

He went on to explain the entire process and from the information I collected, the majority of those working for the insurance company at that location have been there for less than a year which seems strange to me. The presentation highlighted what we were going to do; basically going to peoples' house and selling our insurance products. Well, I was not interested because the "successful" would be paid based on the number of people he/she is able to sign on. It was a total joke and they basically want to hire anyone to do this job. The "joke" interview process was simply a procedure and the job is all about selling insurance product. Just note that if you want to work form 1-9 p.m and sometimes on weekend without even knowing if you were going to be able to sign on one person... good luck.

Interview Question – No question was asked.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The job was a joke.

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!