American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Woburn, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was an initial one-on-one interview that lasted less than 10 minutes. Then seven of us were placed in a conference room to complete a survey. After that, an employee came in and gave us an overview of the company and the position. The employee was very personable and answered any questions anyone had. We had the opportunity to check off our level of interest. After the session, the managers would review the surveys and those selected by the managers would be contacted to come in for a second interview. I was called that evening for a second interview later that week.

Interview Questions

• They asked what our top three strengths were.   1 Answer

While the position sounded very interesting and appeared to be one that I could handle, it was a sales job and did not have a guaranteed income which is what I need for my family at this time.

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by phone, then a 1 on 1 interview, then a group interview, then another one-on-one interview, than one more interview. The group interview was a competitive interview in which you need to stand out if you wish to make it to the next stage in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than your peers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with the company not once but three times. Looking forward to being apart of the team.... also am happy with everyone I had interviewed with very nice people. The leader had a great speech..

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Income Life (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was extremely easy. I set them an email through craigslist, and they responded that day and gave me an interview the following day. The interview didn't feel as much like an interview as it did like a seminar. Really they didn't ask me much, but explained what their company is like instead.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you'd describe yourself that isn't listed on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

I had submitted my resume to CareerBuilder looking for employment opportunities in a different field. A day or two later I received a phone call from American Income stating they had seen my resume posted and were interested in setting up a one-on-one meeting with me to discuss a potential position within their company. I was hesitant because I hadn't actually sent in any application for them, but I scheduled one anyway because, well, an interview is an interview. When I arrived there were at least 15-20 other people in the office filling out paperwork the receptionist had given them, and then we were called in two at a time to speak with one of their employees. The woman I went with barely looked at my resume, asked one or two questions about the job I was currently working with, then passed both I and my interview partner off to the "second interview," which was actually a large group PowerPoint presentation where a couple of women talked at length about how wonderful their company was and how fast they were growing and how high the earning potential was without actually giving me any concrete information as to what the job would specifically entail or what positions we would be hired for. Then each candidate got a couple of minutes to explain why they should be called back for the final stage of the interview. You could tell that lots of people in that room had been out of work for quite some time and the recruiter didn't actually seem to be interested in our answers at all, other than occasionally making a comment between candidates that she really hoped we would all be called back because we seemed like good people. Barely a couple hours after I left, I got a call from one of the other recruiters inviting me back for the final interview and I accepted, but became very uneasy about it as the day went on, and the next day I called to cancel. I could not get ahold of a single living person through their office line and ended up having to leave a message. Within the next few days I got not one but two phone calls from their office asking why I hadn't shown up to my interview and when I explained what had happened, they asked if I would like to reschedule. What kind of legitimate company calls to reschedule an interview that has been cancelled by the one actually looking for a job?

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. There were barely any questions at all, in fact.   Answer Question

The whole set up seemed very off to me. When I arrived and throughout the interview process it seemed like they were looking to contract as many people as possible rather than actually being concerned about the quality of the candidates they were interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Income Life (Bangor, ME) in December 2013.

Interview

They bring you to the office for an Interview, they put you in a room with several people and the guy tells you how much money he makes selling insurances the. Gives falls numbers to tell customers to get them to purchase more life insurance,

Interview Questions

• When I was called for the interview after they found my résumé on line, it was 90 min away, I asked where the job would be, I was told I would work from home, at the interview I was told my training would be 90 min away for 6 weeks, 9am to 11pmI had to pay for all of my training materials and testing. Then be working 90 min away in another city   1 Answer

I didn't like the feeling I got from him and the distance was not doable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The biggest problem I had interviewing with Michael Yancovich's team was that they were very sneaky about the whole process. I responded to a very vague ad online, they called me in for an interview and said it was one on one, then I show up to a room full of 20 people answering questionnaires. Not what I was expecting at all. Then I try to ask what job the position was for, they kept putting me off like "we'll get to that later, first we need to determine your skills, now sit through this very vague presentation." I didn't last through the presentation because it was just a waste of time, obviously it wasn't a marketing position as I'd come in for, it was a sales agent position being disguised as something else. If you have to disguise the job that bad, it must suck or not be for everyone.

Interview Questions

They seemed to eager and it was all commission based. A lot of room for failure if you're not already calling the shots.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

AIL makes a big effort to hire new people (with high turn-over rates), so as long as you meet the simple basic requirements, you should join the team fast. The process takes 2-3 days (same week) and I felt like AIL was trying to convince me to join the team, more than I was trying to make them hire me. Being a 100% commission based income the risk and costs to having more employees is low (for them - the more the merrier).

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be working 2-3 months until you see your first paycheck? and are you able to pay for the tests you need to take to get the license?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Melbourne, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

I was called because they found my resume off the internet and although I had no sales experience they were interested in my leadership skills more then anything else. I went in for the interview and I could tell it was a brand new office which excited me! I had an Interview with Chad Mclaughlin but ended up interviewing with Jonathan Hanaway because chad was in an interview with someone else at the time. The first interview was pretty brief and I was called back the same day for a second interview. On my second interview they answered all the questions I had in great detail and I was hired!

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with working on just commission?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Income Life (Middletown, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

Called in for an unsolicited interview after they "noticed my resume on Monster". Showed up and they didn't have my resume, taken to the back by a "screener". After being asked a few basic questions, they then put me in a room with 15 other individuals and began a presentation on their company. They basically try to hire anyone that walks in the door (regardless of anything) to sell for them.

Read the reviews of their company on here. They are either clearly being posted by the managers to try to cover a bad image, because the few REAL reviews paint a very scary picture of what it entails to work for this company.