American Income Life

Updated Mar 15, 2014

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty upbeat and informative. Had an former offensive linemen to give the presentation of the company and what they had to offer. He was engaging with the group and kept it pretty flowing with his power point presentation. Filled out the customary application and have a 10 min one on one interview.

Interview Question – Question was about if you had to choose a free seminar on a career path. Wether you had to take a seminar on how to structure your career or choose a seminar that shows you what career path to take.   Answer Question

Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview originated with a phone call after viewing resume posted on Monster. Had a 10 minute phone interview covering basic background info and an offer to come in for an interview. In person interview was with the office head and another gentleman who did not talk. Interview was about 10-15 minutes and consisted mostly of the interviewer explaining the company. Interview ended with a promise to schedule a second more in depth interview, nut call never came.

Interview Question – A couple of questions regarding integrity and ethics.   Answer Question

Bangor, ME

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2013.

Interview Details – They bring you to the office for an Interview, they put you in a room with several people and the guy tells you how much money he makes selling insurances the. Gives falls numbers to tell customers to get them to purchase more life insurance,

Interview Question – When I was called for the interview after they found my résumé on line, it was 90 min away, I asked where the job would be, I was told I would work from home, at the interview I was told my training would be 90 min away for 6 weeks, 9am to 11pmI had to pay for all of my training materials and testing. Then be working 90 min away in another city   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the feeling I got from him and the distance was not doable

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in August 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to an ad on Craigslist for a customer service representative by sending a copy of my resume. I was called with questions, then asked to come in for an interview. I actually had an interview, a presentation (to sell the company), then another interview. I was suspicious the entire time, since I didn't know the company name before the interview (so I could do research). Glassdoor has some VERY negative employee reviews.

Interview Question – Not really a question, but the interviewer didn't have a copy of my resume that was emailed.   View Answer

Fort Collins, CO

The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Income Life in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty easy to get an interview as long as you had a mode of transportation. They ask for work moral and work ethic as one of their biggest needs. You go through three interviews which they weive people out at each one. If youre in the last group standing you make it to the third interview and half of the people normally get calls back.

Interview Question – Why was it so easy to obtain the job without any experience? Also, are all the post that I have read recenetly true about the employee getting treated unfairly monetarily and time wise?   View Answer

North Royalton, OH

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2012.

Interview Details – I met the employer at a career fair for school. I then went to a powerpoint presentation with about 20 other idividuals. I was then called back about a week later and was asked to come in for another interview. This time i was interviewed with one other person in as a group and then interviewed for about 5 minutes by myself.

Interview Question – How will you make AIL better?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I really didnt negotiate anything.

Sales Agent

The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2011.

Interview Details – Got a call from them offering a management opportunity. Turned out to be an agent position. Deceptive on the phone. Went in was not impressed with how things around the office were handled. The people were nice enough thing just seemed a little off.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company   Answer Question

Sales Agent

The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2010.

Interview Details – I didn't apply for the position in this company they just pulled it out of job search engines. They called me on a Sunday afternoon to schedule an interview for next Tuesday, they didn't explain what was all the job about until I got to the interview.

Tomphe interview lasted about 15 - 20 minutes, explaining about the company, the training process and the fee you had to pay to take the exam. They don't even pay a base salary just commissions, I just listened to the person, thanked them for considering me for the position and left.

After this interview they insisted on a 2nd interview to "get to know" the company.

Interview Question – Explain what were your responsibilities in your last job?   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2011.

Interview Details – The job is exciting and room to grow like stated in the interview, you are motivated to get started and good sales training, not product traing.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult or unexpected questions/   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in October 2012.

Interview Details – I received several calls and emails from different people at American Income; they found my resume on Monster and kept calling/emailing. Because of them, I may actually remove my phone number from my online resumes.

First, they encouraged me to set up an appointment/interview without telling me exactly what job it was for. I told them I didn't want to do sales; they told me that there were entry-level jobs, as well as some training for management.

After arriving at the interview site, the interviewer told me "Yeah... basically, we're looking for sales." He also told me that they have customer service reps who get $5 to set up an appointment. This makes me think that maybe all the people trying to contact me were customer service reps trying to get some extra cash, willing to fudge the job details in order to get people interested.

I told him I was interested and left; he had me take his card in case I wanted to get back in touch.

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!