American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

1.7

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Income Life in May 2011.

Pretty easy to get an interview as long as you had a mode of transportation. They ask for work moral and work ethic as one of their biggest needs. You go through three interviews which they weive people out at each one. If youre in the last group standing you make it to the third interview and half of the people normally get calls back.

Interview Questions
  • Why was it so easy to obtain the job without any experience? Also, are all the post that I have read recenetly true about the employee getting treated unfairly monetarily and time wise?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in August 2011.

I responded to an ad on Craigslist for a customer service representative by sending a copy of my resume. I was called with questions, then asked to come in for an interview. I actually had an interview, a presentation (to sell the company), then another interview. I was suspicious the entire time, since I didn't know the company name before the interview (so I could do research). Glassdoor has some VERY negative employee reviews.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a question, but the interviewer didn't have a copy of my resume that was emailed.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2009.

Interview originated with a phone call after viewing resume posted on Monster. Had a 10 minute phone interview covering basic background info and an offer to come in for an interview. In person interview was with the office head and another gentleman who did not talk. Interview was about 10-15 minutes and consisted mostly of the interviewer explaining the company. Interview ended with a promise to schedule a second more in depth interview, nut call never came.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2013.

Pretty upbeat and informative. Had an former offensive linemen to give the presentation of the company and what they had to offer. He was engaging with the group and kept it pretty flowing with his power point presentation. Filled out the customary application and have a 10 min one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Question was about if you had to choose a free seminar on a career path. Wether you had to take a seminar on how to structure your career or choose a seminar that shows you what career path to take.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2013.

They bring you to the office for an Interview, they put you in a room with several people and the guy tells you how much money he makes selling insurances the. Gives falls numbers to tell customers to get them to purchase more life insurance,

Interview Questions
    • When I was called for the interview after they found my résumé on line, it was 90 min away, I asked where the job would be, I was told I would work from home, at the interview I was told my training would be 90 min away for 6 weeks, 9am to 11pmI had to pay for all of my training materials and testing. Then be working 90 min away in another city   View Answer

I didn't like the feeling I got from him and the distance was not doable

Sales Agent Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2010.

I didn't apply for the position in this company they just pulled it out of job search engines. They called me on a Sunday afternoon to schedule an interview for next Tuesday, they didn't explain what was all the job about until I got to the interview.

Tomphe interview lasted about 15 - 20 minutes, explaining about the company, the training process and the fee you had to pay to take the exam. They don't even pay a base salary just commissions, I just listened to the person, thanked them for considering me for the position and left.

After this interview they insisted on a 2nd interview to "get to know" the company.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what were your responsibilities in your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2012.

They called me to schedule an interview and I have never heard of the company. Seems like a company I would work for. Interview was fairly quick and then they transfered me to a group inteview. It was more of a company overview that took a little too long but answers most ,if not all, questions. Had a little quiz and a personality test and done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in October 2013.

The biggest problem I had interviewing with Michael Yancovich's team was that they were very sneaky about the whole process. I responded to a very vague ad online, they called me in for an interview and said it was one on one, then I show up to a room full of 20 people answering questionnaires. Not what I was expecting at all. Then I try to ask what job the position was for, they kept putting me off like "we'll get to that later, first we need to determine your skills, now sit through this very vague presentation." I didn't last through the presentation because it was just a waste of time, obviously it wasn't a marketing position as I'd come in for, it was a sales agent position being disguised as something else. If you have to disguise the job that bad, it must suck or not be for everyone.

Interview Questions

They seemed to eager and it was all commission based. A lot of room for failure if you're not already calling the shots.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2013.

I got selected from Career builder and was called for a screening interview and company information. They asked basic questions like why sales? strengths and weaknesses and then said they have a session organized for company information. The session was of 30 mins and was more of a general insurance overview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to switch from technical background to sales?   Answer Question

Found the company and the profile not so reliable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2011.

The job is exciting and room to grow like stated in the interview, you are motivated to get started and good sales training, not product traing.

Interview Questions

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!