American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

1.7

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in July 2013.

AIL makes a big effort to hire new people (with high turn-over rates), so as long as you meet the simple basic requirements, you should join the team fast. The process takes 2-3 days (same week) and I felt like AIL was trying to convince me to join the team, more than I was trying to make them hire me. Being a 100% commission based income the risk and costs to having more employees is low (for them - the more the merrier).

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to be working 2-3 months until you see your first paycheck?
    and are you able to pay for the tests you need to take to get the license?
      View Answer
No negotiation possible

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Employee in Bangor, ME

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2013.

They bring you to the office for an Interview, they put you in a room with several people and the guy tells you how much money he makes selling insurances the. Gives falls numbers to tell customers to get them to purchase more life insurance,

Interview Questions
    • When I was called for the interview after they found my résumé on line, it was 90 min away, I asked where the job would be, I was told I would work from home, at the interview I was told my training would be 90 min away for 6 weeks, 9am to 11pmI had to pay for all of my training materials and testing. Then be working 90 min away in another city   View Answer

I didn't like the feeling I got from him and the distance was not doable

Sales Agent Interview

interviewed at American Income Life in October 2013.

No real interview, you go in and they pitch the company to you. Not once was I asked a question about myself. They also did not go over my resume or my contacts. You can tell that they are salesmen because they tried to sell the company so hard. It all seemed to good to be true, so err on the side of caution.

Interview Questions
    • No real questions, they just asked if I was excited about the company and about the opportunity to work there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in October 2013.

The biggest problem I had interviewing with Michael Yancovich's team was that they were very sneaky about the whole process. I responded to a very vague ad online, they called me in for an interview and said it was one on one, then I show up to a room full of 20 people answering questionnaires. Not what I was expecting at all. Then I try to ask what job the position was for, they kept putting me off like "we'll get to that later, first we need to determine your skills, now sit through this very vague presentation." I didn't last through the presentation because it was just a waste of time, obviously it wasn't a marketing position as I'd come in for, it was a sales agent position being disguised as something else. If you have to disguise the job that bad, it must suck or not be for everyone.

Interview Questions

They seemed to eager and it was all commission based. A lot of room for failure if you're not already calling the shots.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in June 2013.

I was called because they found my resume off the internet and although I had no sales experience they were interested in my leadership skills more then anything else. I went in for the interview and I could tell it was a brand new office which excited me! I had an Interview with Chad Mclaughlin but ended up interviewing with Jonathan Hanaway because chad was in an interview with someone else at the time. The first interview was pretty brief and I was called back the same day for a second interview. On my second interview they answered all the questions I had in great detail and I was hired!

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with working on just commission?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Middletown, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in May 2013.

Called in for an unsolicited interview after they "noticed my resume on Monster". Showed up and they didn't have my resume, taken to the back by a "screener". After being asked a few basic questions, they then put me in a room with 15 other individuals and began a presentation on their company. They basically try to hire anyone that walks in the door (regardless of anything) to sell for them.

Read the reviews of their company on here. They are either clearly being posted by the managers to try to cover a bad image, because the few REAL reviews paint a very scary picture of what it entails to work for this company.

Anonymous Employee  in  La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2013.

I got selected from Career builder and was called for a screening interview and company information. They asked basic questions like why sales? strengths and weaknesses and then said they have a session organized for company information. The session was of 30 mins and was more of a general insurance overview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to switch from technical background to sales?   Answer Question

Found the company and the profile not so reliable

Anonymous Employee  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2013.

Pretty upbeat and informative. Had an former offensive linemen to give the presentation of the company and what they had to offer. He was engaging with the group and kept it pretty flowing with his power point presentation. Filled out the customary application and have a 10 min one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Question was about if you had to choose a free seminar on a career path. Wether you had to take a seminar on how to structure your career or choose a seminar that shows you what career path to take.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2013.

Wasn't so much of an interview as a presentation to a group of 20 or so prospective employees. It felt like a timeshare presentation. The setting made me think that they'll take absolutely anyone willing to do the job. The "interviewer" didn't ever say that all the positions they have are 100% commission based; I had to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask any questions at all. It was a presentation and breakdown of the company, sales pitch, and commission structure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in December 2012.

They called me to schedule an interview and I have never heard of the company. Seems like a company I would work for. Interview was fairly quick and then they transfered me to a group inteview. It was more of a company overview that took a little too long but answers most ,if not all, questions. Had a little quiz and a personality test and done.

Interview Questions

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!