American Income Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Pretty upbeat and informative. Had an former offensive linemen to give the presentation of the company and what they had to offer. He was engaging with the group and kept it pretty flowing with his power point presentation. Filled out the customary application and have a 10 min one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Question was about if you had to choose a free seminar on a career path. Wether you had to take a seminar on how to structure your career or choose a seminar that shows you what career path to take.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Little Rock, AR) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by someone who said the MGA found my resume on Monster. I was asked a few questions and then set for an interview. I was given vague information when I asked which company the agency represented and only told the agency name.
    I arrived early as asked, and was surprised to see the number of people in the lobby. (about 10 additional) We were asked to go into a conference room where we were shown a presentation of the company and given information on the compensation structure. We were told to complete a questionairre(personality test) and then were each called into a 1 on 1 interview.
    I expected the 1 on 1 to be more professional and detail oriented, giving information about my past work experience and able to ask questions about the job, however the man that interviewed me only asked "if I would have issues obtaining a license" (I have a non resident lic as I just reloc to the state) and "what questions do you have about the presentatin you just heard?"
    I asked how long he had been with the company and he said 2 years(funny out of the 6 people I met everyone had 2 or less years tenure, except the MGA who did the presentation, he said he had 12. Also the person that called me back to answer my questions said he also had 12 years with AIL
    After I asked him if he had even looked at my resume, and gave it to him, he turned to page 2 and mentioned one company I worked for then, asked if I had questions about the presentation.
    I asked questions I had and he could not answer them stating he would have someone contact me. Affter about 15 min I ended the interview.
    I was contacted shortly by the man that said he referred my resume, and he answered my questions, and told me I wouldnt need to go through the next process just to let him know when I could start and gave me the dates.

Interview Questions

• Would I have a problem obtaining the licenses? (I have been lic 19 yrs and am licensed in 49 states as is listed on my resume)   1 Answer

As an insurance professional, this company did not represnt itself as a legitimate company in terms of agents, and professionalism. All agents are going to be 1099 but they never tell you that until you are in the 1 on 1. Also, they just get as many people in to interview as possible and if you have the funds or can obtain them to get the license, they pass you along to the next phase and hire you. I can only assume from my experience that they have a high attrition rate as over half the people I met were under 2 years tenure. And 12 year tenure for the other 2 people, seems odd... only 2 or 12 year tenured people. That sounds staged.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Income Life (Orlando, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

They called me to schedule an interview and I have never heard of the company. Seems like a company I would work for. Interview was fairly quick and then they transfered me to a group inteview. It was more of a company overview that took a little too long but answers most ,if not all, questions. Had a little quiz and a personality test and done.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Income Life (Tampa, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I received several calls and emails from different people at American Income; they found my resume on Monster and kept calling/emailing. Because of them, I may actually remove my phone number from my online resumes.

First, they encouraged me to set up an appointment/interview without telling me exactly what job it was for. I told them I didn't want to do sales; they told me that there were entry-level jobs, as well as some training for management.

After arriving at the interview site, the interviewer told me "Yeah... basically, we're looking for sales." He also told me that they have customer service reps who get $5 to set up an appointment. This makes me think that maybe all the people trying to contact me were customer service reps trying to get some extra cash, willing to fudge the job details in order to get people interested.

I told him I was interested and left; he had me take his card in case I wanted to get back in touch.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Columbia, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

I didn't seek the offer out, rather I got a phone call inviting me to a one on one interview the next day with one of their managers. The told me "to dress professionally"--always a red flag, as this should go without saying.(The manager whose name was discussed in the phone call was not the manager who sat down with me, but rather the man who called me.) I was one of many in the waiting room of the office and, when called, was taken into another room to be interviewed. I was asked about my interests and how competitive I would rank myself as being and then told briefly about the company. After five minutes of this I was told that they would be "moving forward with me" and asked me to stay for a presentation on the company.

In the presentation they (3 managers) made the company sound almost too good to be true. Unlimited potential pay, niche marketing plan, and a chance to truly help people. They stressed the hard work it would take and made the job (basically a sales position, in spite of that fact that we were all told we were being hired as "managers") like both a pleasure and a challenge--which it probably is to those suited for it. They stressed many times that not everyone was suited for it and while there was the potential for huge profits, that came with time and skill. While I felt it was a sales pitch, I didn't feel like they ever were intentionally deceptive. They tried to tell you the facts, but make it sound as enticing as possible. As the presentation concluded, we all filled out a personality profile (part written response and part multiple choice), were asked to indicate what times we would be available to come in for an interview and why we thought we would be right for the job.

I don't know how many of those that pass the initial interviews are called in for a final interview, I had no way to judge it, but I certainly was. I got a call the day before in the late afternoon to confirm the time of the interview. During this final interview the manager (the same one who had called me initially and conducted my first interview) went over the pay in great detail, the benefits (life and dental), and the training process. Again, I sensed no deception, just honest responses to honest questions. If you don't give it some thought this would probably be yet another sales pitch, but with research and intelligent questions one could really understand to offer in front of you. Every question asked was met by a truthful reply. I really respected my interviewer for that. I was offered the position and told to make my decision on the spot--to commit to them as they were willing to commit to me or not.

Interview Questions

• How well would you get along with their sales demographic (nurses, police officers, fire-fighters, teachers, and other union members)?   1 Answer
    • What do you want to improve about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How competitive are you? Why do you say that?   1 Answer

I declined simply because the hours were not in line with what I need. For the first 90 days they need you to be able to devote twelve hours a day for six days a week to them (9am to 9pm) and even go out of town a few times. While I'm not scared of hard work, my classes are in the evenings and their prime sales times are from 2pm to 9pm. The have "flexible" hours, yes, but those don't come until much later in your career and at the risk of giving up your most productive hours of your work day. It's a great opportunity and they appear fair and upfront, but it comes with a lot of initial sacrifice. It really was just not something that would work for me nor their company. While they were very willing to try do what they could to help me, I really felt it was not in either of our best interests. They would benefit from having an employee fully able to devote that time and energy to them and I am willing to accept a smaller pay-check from some other company for more time with my loved ones and my studies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Columbia, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Was called by one of the managers and then had a general interview just asking basic info about myself in the office. The next interview was the same day. The company discussed the ins and outs of the company in a group interview and gave a list of questions that each potential employee had to stand up and answer. The 3rd interview was more personal and consisted of offer and acceptance and you had a chance to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Give three reasons why you would be a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Basically everything I expected from reading everyone else's experiences. I was told that I was interviewing for a manager position, and my group was told that there was a base pay. I found out during the next interview (which was mainly me asking questions), that the salary would be 100% commission. After learning that the position wasn't what I expected, I felt mislead. The entire process seemed kinda sketchy as well. After I told my second interviewer that I was no longer interested and thanked him for the opportunity just to be polite, he replied rudely and asked, "So..... Why are you here then?"

I was told I'd have to work crazy hours. If you have sales experience and don't mind paying the ~$300 fee to become licensed to sell insurance, go for it? This job just wasn't for me.

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Edmond, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

Very crafty salesman giving a recruiting speech.. Very persuasive, quite misleading as well

Interview Questions

• Ability to work 3 nights per week   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Royalton, OH

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Income Life (North Royalton, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

I met the employer at a career fair for school. I then went to a powerpoint presentation with about 20 other idividuals. I was then called back about a week later and was asked to come in for another interview. This time i was interviewed with one other person in as a group and then interviewed for about 5 minutes by myself.

Interview Questions

• How will you make AIL better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I really didnt negotiate anything.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Income Life (Columbia, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

I was found on CareerBuilder and was invited to come in for an interview. Interview lasted last then 10 minutes and then there was presentation to the group about working for the company and how much money we could make.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be an asset to the company.   Answer Question