American Income Life Sales Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Income Life (Plantation, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Sales pitch desribing essential qualities in leaders. Nice office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your exp. with cold calling?   1 Answer

I have wasted time with companies with similar hiring practices. I can't affort to waste time with companies that get lot's of poor reviews from former employees.

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Income Life (Redmond, WA) in February 2010.

Interview

They asked most of the usual questions. The one that I had not heard before was "what are you not looking for in a job," and "what are you trying to avoid in a job?"

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Honolulu, HI) in December 2009.

Interview

Screening process seemed abrupt. I was unable to interview within 2 days, therefore, was no longer a candidate. Company seemed in too much of a rush to hire, rather than take the time to find the right people. I still see multiple ads posted as they have either not filled the position or has had difficulty retaining those they hastily might have hired.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by email about a sales "management" position. They invited me to an interview at their new Burlington, Ontario office. After researching the company and seeing all the negative comments, I was apprehensive, but decided to go anyway.

The reviews were pretty accurate. Upon walking in the door, I felt like I was in a doctor's office, with approximately 8 people waiting in the reception area. I was asked to sign in on a clipboard and proceeded to wait almost 25 minutes, all the while watching people come out and check the names on the clipboard and then calling people in. When I was brought into an interview room, the gentleman spent about 10 seconds looking at my resume and proceed to ask me some very simple questions. He then explained that the next step would be to wait an additional 30 minutes to sit through an hour-long presentation on the company and how it worked. I was told that I would have to start as a producer (sales rep). I politely declined as I could not work for a company that had to use deception to get me in the door.

As a side note, today I received another email from this company. They seem to scrape job boards and contact anyone with sales in their profile

Do yourself a favour and search for reviews on this company. There are too many negative reviews to ignore.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Income Life in February 2010.

Interview

I posted a resume online and was contacted by this company to come in for an interview. After I got there, myself and a group of other people were there in the tiny waiting room. We were each called back to have a pre-interview 1:1. This lasted all of about 2 minutes, and then we were all reunited in a conference room where we were told to fill out a packet of paperwork. We were then given what was basically a sales pitch as to why their company was so great to work for. Then we were taken again for a "1 on 1" interview. This also lasted only two minutes and I was told they would call the next morning to let me know if they wanted me to come back.

Interview Questions

I did get called to come in for an interview, as expected with a company that tries to sell itself to applicants and say that they are not going to offer interviews to others and will only hire a select few, but I respectfully declined. Something was off about the whole thing, and it seemed like we would have to shell out a bunch of money to pay for my own testing and training before we would even start getting paid.