American Income Life Sales Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Woburn, MA
Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in June 2014.

Received a phone call from a director at AIL and was invited for an interview the next morning at their Woburn location. The person indicated that they had found my resume interesting and wanted to see if I could be a "good fit". At their offices the next day, I found that they had lined up nearly 50 interviews as well, all for sales positions. The interview itself was short and superficial. The discussion did not touch on my previous experiences and/or background. The interviewer only wanted to gauge whether or not I could work with "blue collar" clients. The interviewer suggested that I meet his own director in order to advance my candidacy further. I declined to do so and thanked his for his time.

Interview Questions
  • Please tell us about your ability to work with blue collar clients.   Answer Question

I think the AIL lacks gravitas and prestige.

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Anonymous Employee  in  Altamonte Springs, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in February 2014.

Lied about position I'd be interviewing for, person I would be interviewing with, and that the position would be salaried however was actually 1099

Interview Questions

No interest in working for a company that begins a relationship by lying

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Income Life in August 2013.

I was interviewed for about 10 minutes to make sure I owned a car and laptop. Then I was transferred to a room full of 30 or so individuals. We all watched a video about AIL regarding its perks and too-good-to-be true salaries and scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult or unexpected question. Instead, I did not expect that applying to a "Sales Manager" position would end up being a typical sales job where an employee visits homes, gives laptop presentations, and tries to make a sale.   Answer Question

I was not interested in a sales job. I was looking for a management position.

Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Income Life in April 2010.

Went through a group interview, was a pretty big waste of time. They showed a power point presentation and kept emphasizing that they weren't the same as World Financial Group. The "managers" there were not professional looking at all. Half the group left during the slideshow

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Income Life in November 2009.

Based on two interviews that I had with American Income Life/ALTIG (Redmond, WA office) during the 2009 Thanksgiving week, I have concluded that the Company is untrustworthy.
    During my first interview, I was shown a presentation of the job description in which the manager emphasized on earnings of $100K your first year.

During my second interview, when asked about how much first year sales people average in income, the HR & sales manager told me around $50K - $70K. Furthermore, only about 5% of the first year sales people will make around $50K - $70K because there is a 95% turnover rate. That means, 95% of its’ first year sales people quit or are fired during the first year! First year sales manager average $60K their first year.
    For most of my questions, I received a very general answer in which the wordiness of their response and their body posture told me they knew the answers, but didn't want to tell me the truth.

The most inconsiderate part in which this Company handled itself was in regards to my start date. I had given them a specific timeline of when I would like to start. Instead, they proceeded to verbally tell me that I should start earlier and before I knew it, had given me a new start time and my schedule as to what I should do between now and then. My start date request seemed to have been moved up before my eyes and my consideration for it was not really considered at all. It was all about them. They did not once asked if I approved of the new start date. Instead, they offered me the job with the new start date.

Interview Questions

As a result of them being inconsiderate of my start date goal, presenting misleading information during their job description presentation, and in providing abstract answers to my very clear questions, I denied the offer as I felt that I could not trust the Company and the facts that it presents to me at face value.

Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Income Life in May 2012.

The company contacted me and said that the regional manager wanted to personally interview me for a management position because they were expanding. I asked the lady that called me over the phone if the position was straight commission or was there a base pay. She told me it was definitely base pay, but that was a lie.

Interview Questions

I was not interviewed by the regional manager, but rather someone else. I was then informed by the interviewer that while the description of the job position was for a management position, instead to start out at the company one must become an insurance sales agent first. The job was also straight commission.

Worked for American Income Life? Contribute to the Community!