American Income Life Supervising Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in January 2015.

I was contacted by phone by Jeff, a hiring manager, from the LaFond Agency in Woburn, MA. They had seen my resume on Monster.com. He introduced himself and said that there were two positions they were hiring for: a customer service-type position, and a entry-level management position. He asked me what I thought to be very few questions before he invited me for a first interview.

I went in a couple days later for the initial interview. As I waited, there were more and more applicants that came in. This had me a bit off guard, for they seemed to all be applying for the same position. Competition is expected, but who knows how many other days this has happened. The process continued similarly to how the phone conversation went. I met with a hiring manager for a few minutes, and was then invited to the conference room for a presentation. (Note here that they made it seem like this guy just so happens to be in the office that day and you should check it out, when in reality it was a standard company overview/recruiting presentaion.) This was the second red flag.

The details of the presentation were inticing:
- Prospect of making a lot of money and your own schedule
- Not stuck in an office all day
- Working with young professionals like yourself, building your own career
- Lead system suggests easier sales

But this was not without some flaws:
- Needed to pay about $350 for insurance license, school, and exams.
- ONLY get paid on commission from sales, and this could take time to obtain
- Staff at this office seemed disinterested and cold, save a few members

They called me the day after this first interview to come in for a second interview. They said to bring questions, as they "move pretty quickly." I accepted the interview, but later canceled after further consideration of the points above. I did not study insurance in college, so it was not a great fit.

Interview Questions
  • I am concerned about the scripted nature of the employees. It seems that they are very keen on marketing and selling their brand to applicants. I respect this, but it makes me question how "tight-knit" their "team" is.   Answer Question

The industry is too far from the field that I studied. I want to utilize my skills while avoiding sales positions.

Other Interview Reviews for American Income Life

Supervising Agent Interview

come in for a three step interview. the second interview is in a group setting where you can interact with other potential new hires and hear more about our company and what we do and how you can make as much money as your heart desires.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Income Life in January 2014.

We recruit people and bring them in. Teach them everything they need to know. We help them get licensed to sell insurance then help them excel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Income Life in January 2014.

Very informative and professional. They were happy and excited to have us there. It is a very good company to work for and they are very accepting of all people from numerous backgrounds.

It was on me to succeed or fail to get started. They gave me everything I needed to succeed but you have to achieve it for yourself.

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in December 2013.

I went in expecting a one on one interview and instead was thrown into a group "presentation" explaining how the company works and how successful other employees were. They made it sound like a really great opportunity and had us all fill out a packet full of questions and explained that if you received a phone call at 4-6pm, you've been selected to move on to the next step of the interview process and sent us home with a packet of information outlining the company and career track with possible salaries. The presentation specifically was geared toward "leadership" candidates, which was attractive, but then when they called me later on, they told me that everyone has to start out as a sales associate. Nice bait and switch! I chose not to pursue this company based upon reviews I read here and for the fact that I felt "swindled" or "tricked" into something that wasn't what they presented. If that's the way the company presents their employment, that's probably how they present their products, which didn't sit well with me.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, but we were given a more of a behavioral multiple choice question packet to fill out.   Answer Question

Supervising Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Income Life in November 2013.

Company overview for the initial interview. Second interview was via phone. Third interview was an in-person, one on one interview. A mutual decision was made to invite me on board and it was the best decision I ever made.

Interview Questions
    Very upfront...could I handle the workload, time, pace, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in October 2013.

Called met with a hiring manager went through a question session. then i went for company overview and finally sat down with the state director for hiring process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Income Life in June 2012.

I was looking for a job and had my resume posted on Monster.com, the company saw my information and called me to come in for an interview.......while working for the company I was promoted to Supervising Agent after 2 months and then I was told had had to have 30 interviews per week booked and so did all of the other agents thats how desperate AIL is, we would hire anyone and everyone who had the slightest interest in the job because thats how you make more money..... with my expierences it was impossible to make more money than you spend this is why they want to hire so many people. Its sad to need at least 3 or 4 agents working under you to just get by with bills, they also hire so much because most people dont stay with the company over 2 months if they even last through training. I wish I had been smart enough to realize the dead end sooner than now!!

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working at night in undesireable areas?   View Answer

Supervising Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Income Life in June 2012.

One on one interview, followed by group information session. Then you will receive an invitation for a second one one interview detailing specific available position. Then comes an acceptance of position.

Interview Questions
    • How would sell an item to an individual who you think might not necessarily be able to afford it?   Answer Question

Found a better opportunity with more base salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Royalton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Royalton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Income Life in September 2011.

-Pleasant conversation with the first contact talking about my background and their company.
    -First part of interview tells about the company, leaves nothing out so everyone knows from the start EXACTLY what they will be doing and what is expected of them.
    -Very low pressure all throughout; Leadership team does not try to sell you on anything, it's all about fit and compatibility.
    -Second interview is meant for Q&A and to find out if there is any compatibility.
    -Third interview is very low pressure and the decision is totally up to you if you would like to join our organization.