American Institute Of Physics

Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Institute Of Physics

Programs Manager Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Institute Of Physics.

We initially communicated via email and I was hired after a brief phone interview. The hiring manager was very pleasant, and the interview was very casual. A background investigation was completed by the HR team. The main aim of the interview was to gauge my enthusiasm for the physical sciences and see if I would like to help them with their programs management.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager said, "I'm sure this is not what you would like to do forever, but we could really use your help." This was not a question, but it really set a tone for our discussion about where I could go and what could happen if I stay at AIP.   View Answer

Principal Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at American Institute Of Physics.

I applied for the position in October 2013 and was eventually called for an interview in January 2014. I was told that the holidays had caused the delay, a bit odd. Before going to the interview I met with the HR manager, who excitedly told me all about the benefits; she was really selling it hard. In person I met with the two senior researchers - they were great. Both were very smart, asked thoughtful questions - I thought it would be a lot of fun working with them. I was told that they had a few interviews the following week and I should hear something soon. I finally heard back from the hiring manager in March; she wanted me to come in for a second interview as soon as possible. I politely declined.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions rather I thought it was odd how hard the HR manager was selling AIP's benefits. During my first phone interview the HR manager very excitedly told me that they could offer me the same salary I'm currently making. Also, I was surprised when she told me that AIP was not like corporate America - you didn't move up until someone left.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Institute Of Physics in July 2011.

I had already worked for this company and had been outsourced. They called me back to be temp receptionist. When receptionist decided to retire, I applied for the job, and got it. But the interview process was not a traditional one, as I was a temp there for 3 months and they knew me. Very informal.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Institute Of Physics in June 2009.

I was made aware of a job opportunity through a personal contact working for the company. I first got a short telephone interview and then a 1:1 interview. We went throught my experience and motivations with the hiring manager. I was told I was probably over qualified for the job and we agreed that it probably was not the best career path. Very relaxed and professional.