American Institute Of Physics Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.0

Technical Project Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Institute Of Physics.

Interview

Very comprehensive and informative interview. Was able to meet several potential co-workers who provided a good overview of the position and the department in which I would be working. Learned a great deal about the position as well as the company strategy. Was given a chance to express my short and long term career goals. Entire interview took 2-3 hours. Offer/negotiation process was also professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward and professional

Programs Manager Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Institute Of Physics.

Interview

We initially communicated via email and I was hired after a brief phone interview. The hiring manager was very pleasant, and the interview was very casual. A background investigation was completed by the HR team. The main aim of the interview was to gauge my enthusiasm for the physical sciences and see if I would like to help them with their programs management.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager said, "I'm sure this is not what you would like to do forever, but we could really use your help." This was not a question, but it really set a tone for our discussion about where I could go and what could happen if I stay at AIP.   1 Answer

Principal Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at American Institute Of Physics (College Park, MD).

Interview

I applied for the position in October 2013 and was eventually called for an interview in January 2014. I was told that the holidays had caused the delay, a bit odd. Before going to the interview I met with the HR manager, who excitedly told me all about the benefits; she was really selling it hard. In person I met with the two senior researchers - they were great. Both were very smart, asked thoughtful questions - I thought it would be a lot of fun working with them. I was told that they had a few interviews the following week and I should hear something soon. I finally heard back from the hiring manager in March; she wanted me to come in for a second interview as soon as possible. I politely declined.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions rather I thought it was odd how hard the HR manager was selling AIP's benefits. During my first phone interview the HR manager very excitedly told me that they could offer me the same salary I'm currently making. Also, I was surprised when she told me that AIP was not like corporate America - you didn't move up until someone left.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Institute Of Physics (Melville, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I had already worked for this company and had been outsourced. They called me back to be temp receptionist. When receptionist decided to retire, I applied for the job, and got it. But the interview process was not a traditional one, as I was a temp there for 3 months and they knew me. Very informal.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Institute Of Physics (Bristol, England (UK)) in June 2009.

Interview

I was made aware of a job opportunity through a personal contact working for the company. I first got a short telephone interview and then a 1:1 interview. We went throught my experience and motivations with the hiring manager. I was told I was probably over qualified for the job and we agreed that it probably was not the best career path. Very relaxed and professional.