American Marketing and Publishing

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.5

Community Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Recruiters call ANYONE AND EVERYONE... then phone interview. Then interview w DM .. THEN SCRIPT MEMORIZATION . Then hired (they hire anyone anymore) then week training then you hit the sales field solo

None

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

be energetic, bring success stories; any accomplishing plaques, ribbons, trophies

Outside Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in January 2014.

I applied to their posting I found on the indeed job site. A full time recruiter called me within a couple of days to set up an interview. She was very professional and excited about the job. I think they really try to "sell" you on the job so you want to interview. I was told my interview would be next Thursday. Seems like the district managers are in the field four days and interview on Thursdays. If they are interviewing EVERY Thursday then their must be a lot of turnover! Interview went great until the dm figured out I was way overqualified and would be bored with the job. So we talked about her experiences for a while and the industry in general. She was very nice and professional.

Bottom line this is an entry level sales job with a 25k base and you will work hard. So hard because they track you with a GPS. If you want to get into sales and see if you can cut it this might be a good job. Not a long term career in my opinion. Lots of driving and walking door to door. I'm sure you are micromanaged with call reports, lead sheets, etc. and if you don't sell two news accounts in the first two weeks you are fired.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gallatin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gallatin, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in January 2014.

I was called by a recruiter who say my resume on Monster. I was then interviewed by the District Manager. Typical interview...nothing unusual....then I went with another sales rep for a few hours to watch her in action. It all happened so fast actually...I was surprised that none of my references were even contacted. That should have been a red flag to me.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Lies.

Interview Questions
    • None. They hire everyone that comes through the door that can rehearse their script.   Answer Question
    Lies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Applied online, received an email the next day to set up a phone call within the same day, had interview next day. The Interview was easy. Any vendor selling anything to a bag a chips to a case of beer makes this job look like a walk in the park. The person conducting the interview kept being really pessimistic about marketing and how owners don't need it. Made me think twice about the company due to her negativity.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing: pretend im a owner of a shop and try selling me a spot in your book.   View Answer

Negativity

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valpo, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valpo, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with DM, if hired you have to memorize a 10 paragraph script and recite it for DM a few days later, then go to a one week training seminar in Dekalb IL, then in first week you must sign 3 new accts to complete on boarding process

Interview Questions
    • Impromptu sales pitch is required. As in Im Joe Pizza Shop Owner, sell me an ad   Answer Question
    NO negotioation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Phone interview followed by a standard interview, and then an observation day. Had to travel a 3 hour round trip for the interview and another 3 hour round trip along with 6 hours of observing only to not be contacted back after the observation day. Which doesn't make sense, if i didn't fit the job then why send me on an observation day, and the observation day was about seeing if I would enjoy the job. They told me previously that they believed I would be a good fit. So I reached out and tried to contact them but they chose not to reply. In my opinion very rude and unprofessional.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in July 2013.

A recruiter contacted me through a resume I had posted on careerbuilder or monster. I first did a brief phone interview. After, I had an interview with the district manager. That went well so I went out for 6 hours with a field rep who seemed to be wacked out on drugs. I then contacted the DM back and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • This interview was easy. If you are a positive person, you will get the job.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in July 2013.

Brief phone interview, followed by an in person interview. Everyone I dealt with in the company was very nice and professional. Once you've gone through the interview, they invite you on a "ride-along" with a current rep. ASK QUESTIONS! You need to know what you're getting yourself into. After the ride along you'll have a phone call with the hiring manager, just to make sure it's a good fit. After that, they'll send you an offer, but it is only if you memorize the sales script. Take the script seriously, if you don't know it backwards and forwards going into training, then you will surely fall behind.

Interview Questions
    • You will be told "no" about 39 times every day, IF you can get in front of the business owner, can you handle that?   Answer Question
    They're not going to pay you more than $25,000 a year. No negotiation possible.