American Marketing and Publishing

Relevance Date Difficulty

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES
Mokena, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in August 2010.

Interview Details – They market the job to you. First you are contacted by phone and a phone interview ensues. They are very personable and schedule a 1:1 follow-up, but both interviews act more to sell you the job. Everything about the job was thoroughly explained, even the complaints viewed on glass door were things i was told to expect on the job: work all the time, tons of rejection, intense training, rapid termination if you don't perform.

Interview Question – What is your earliest memory that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I enjoy sales and don't want to get burned out.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES

The process took a day - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in May 2010.

Interview Details – He started the interview with a question on how I would sell his product even when I had no benefits of the product. It really went downhill from there. I was asked situation questions and those usual questions that are in every interview. I also didn't feel comfortable with the guy interviewing me. He acted as if he was the best salesman ever and basically shot down every answer I gave to him. I feel as he wasted my time and could have finished sooner than asking me dumber questions and shooting my answers down.

Interview Question – How would you sell our product to a dog groomer with 20 dogs barking and them grooming a dog themselves? How would you get their attention?   Answer Question

Worked for American Marketing and Publishing? Contribute to the Community!