Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at American Marketing and Publishing
- Outside Sales Representative (33)
- Sales Representative (23)
- Account Manager (11)
- Sales and Marketing Representative (3)
- Renewal Account Representative (2)
- Proofreader (2)
- OUTSIDE SALES (2)
- Community Representative (1)
- Sales Support Associate (1)
- District Manager (1)
- Entry Level Sales (1)
- Sales Account Representative (1)
- Designer (1)
- Field Sales Representative (1)
- Sales (1)
- Inside Sales Account Executive (1)
- Territory Manager (1)
- B2B Sales (1)
- Publisher's Representative (1)
- Sales Repsentative (1)
- Text Marketing Specialist (1)
- Text Message Marketing Sales (1)
- Outside Sales Account Manager (1)
- Local Sales Representative (1)
OUTSIDE SALES Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Mokena, IL) in August 2010.
They market the job to you. First you are contacted by phone and a phone interview ensues. They are very personable and schedule a 1:1 follow-up, but both interviews act more to sell you the job. Everything about the job was thoroughly explained, even the complaints viewed on glass door were things i was told to expect on the job: work all the time, tons of rejection, intense training, rapid termination if you don't perform.
- What is your earliest memory that you are proud of? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I enjoy sales and don't want to get burned out.
Other Interview Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing
OUTSIDE SALES InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in May 2010.
He started the interview with a question on how I would sell his product even when I had no benefits of the product. It really went downhill from there. I was asked situation questions and those usual questions that are in every interview. I also didn't feel comfortable with the guy interviewing me. He acted as if he was the best salesman ever and basically shot down every answer I gave to him. I feel as he wasted my time and could have finished sooner than asking me dumber questions and shooting my answers down.
- How would you sell our product to a dog groomer with 20 dogs barking and them grooming a dog themselves? How would you get their attention? Answer Question