American Marketing and Publishing

www.ampcorporate.com
  www.ampcorporate.com

American Marketing and Publishing Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.5

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orland Park, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in June 2014.

You will be called in for an interview, If you pass this stage of the interview you will go on a ride along with a Sales Rep. This ride along will show you what day to day life is like as a rep. On this ride along you will watch the rep make sales/ attempt to close previous deals. Some of the clients seemed to "hide from the sales rep"

Interview Questions

Too much driving around all day long/ I feel that phone books and print ads are a thing of the past. But not a bad company, full benefits, etc.

Other Interview Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mokena, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mokena, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in July 2012.

"Grab a number"..."Need a job" . This place is less of an interview process and more of herding cattle through the gates to the slaughterhouse. You are JUST A NUMBER!!

No negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Behavioral questions all the way. Be prepared to brag about your "success" started from high school. They want to see your hard working ethic and blind enthusiasm for everything in your life. The ride along day: a good chance to see what you are really getting yourself into. It was awkward knocking on just random people's doors of which they considered as "home businesses".

The products that this company sells are out-dated. All the small business owners know that no one looks at phone books anymore. Their three products look conflicting to each other (print, text, and the Internet) and the sales reps know this very well so they never present online presence management or text-marketing products before they sell phone books.

The business owners buy the print ads only when they got conned the first time or simply got tired of those sales reps keep bothering them over and over again. The job is mentally and physically exhausted and the products have little to no value. If you can lie to yourself everyday and throw your morals aside and think only about money, take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Lies.

Interview Questions
    • None. They hire everyone that comes through the door that can rehearse their script.   Answer Question
    Lies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Applied online, received an email the next day to set up a phone call within the same day, had interview next day. The Interview was easy. Any vendor selling anything to a bag a chips to a case of beer makes this job look like a walk in the park. The person conducting the interview kept being really pessimistic about marketing and how owners don't need it. Made me think twice about the company due to her negativity.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing: pretend im a owner of a shop and try selling me a spot in your book.   View Answer

Negativity

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Phone interview followed by a standard interview, and then an observation day. Had to travel a 3 hour round trip for the interview and another 3 hour round trip along with 6 hours of observing only to not be contacted back after the observation day. Which doesn't make sense, if i didn't fit the job then why send me on an observation day, and the observation day was about seeing if I would enjoy the job. They told me previously that they believed I would be a good fit. So I reached out and tried to contact them but they chose not to reply. In my opinion very rude and unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beavercreek, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in May 2013.

There is a three step process following an initial phone interview with HQ. First, a fairly easy interview with a district manager. Next, you spend a day in the field with a rep to see what a typical day is like. Finally, another interview with a DM with a script memorization. Fairly simple, right?

Well, the rep did not appear for my day in the field. It turns out that she had gone to another nearby McDonald's instead of the one where we were supposed to meet, so I never got the chance to see what the job entails.

I contacted HQ to see about possibly rescheduling, and asked about the base salary for the job. It was important for me to know this because I did the math and realized I would be spending roughly $8,000 a year on gasoline and vehicle maintenance if I got the job.

I received a response that I was no longer being considered for the position. I consider this a blessing in that I am already in the interview process with four other companies which I feel are more transparent about compensation, and more in line with my interests and abilities.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in June 2012.

After I applied online, I was contacted by an American Marketing and Publisher Recruiter.
    The recruiter then did a phone interview with me. She then set up an interview with the District Manager. The DM mostly discussed past sales experience and the sales process with AMP. Once we both determined to move forward with next step. I was given script to memorize and present back to DM. She was satisfied with my presentation. I went thru hiring process and assigned a start date for training.

No ability to negotiate.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Pretty simple. Its a 25 min interview.

No negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

If your a warm body your hired

None

Worked for American Marketing and Publishing? Contribute to the Community!