American Marketing and Publishing

www.homepagesdirectories.com

American Marketing and Publishing Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mokena, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in July 2012.

Interview Details – "Grab a number"..."Need a job" . This place is less of an interview process and more of herding cattle through the gates to the slaughterhouse. You are JUST A NUMBER!!

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing

Interview Details – Behavioral questions all the way. Be prepared to brag about your "success" started from high school. They want to see your hard working ethic and blind enthusiasm for everything in your life. The ride along day: a good chance to see what you are really getting yourself into. It was awkward knocking on just random people's doors of which they considered as "home businesses".

The products that this company sells are out-dated. All the small business owners know that no one looks at phone books anymore. Their three products look conflicting to each other (print, text, and the Internet) and the sales reps know this very well so they never present online presence management or text-marketing products before they sell phone books.

The business owners buy the print ads only when they got conned the first time or simply got tired of those sales reps keep bothering them over and over again. The job is mentally and physically exhausted and the products have little to no value. If you can lie to yourself everyday and throw your morals aside and think only about money, take it.

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview Details – Lies.

Interview Question – None. They hire everyone that comes through the door that can rehearse their script.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lies.

DeKalb, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email the next day to set up a phone call within the same day, had interview next day. The Interview was easy. Any vendor selling anything to a bag a chips to a case of beer makes this job look like a walk in the park. The person conducting the interview kept being really pessimistic about marketing and how owners don't need it. Made me think twice about the company due to her negativity.

Interview Question – Role playing: pretend im a owner of a shop and try selling me a spot in your book.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Negativity

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by a standard interview, and then an observation day. Had to travel a 3 hour round trip for the interview and another 3 hour round trip along with 6 hours of observing only to not be contacted back after the observation day. Which doesn't make sense, if i didn't fit the job then why send me on an observation day, and the observation day was about seeing if I would enjoy the job. They told me previously that they believed I would be a good fit. So I reached out and tried to contact them but they chose not to reply. In my opinion very rude and unprofessional.

Beavercreek, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in May 2013.

Interview Details – There is a three step process following an initial phone interview with HQ. First, a fairly easy interview with a district manager. Next, you spend a day in the field with a rep to see what a typical day is like. Finally, another interview with a DM with a script memorization. Fairly simple, right?

Well, the rep did not appear for my day in the field. It turns out that she had gone to another nearby McDonald's instead of the one where we were supposed to meet, so I never got the chance to see what the job entails.

I contacted HQ to see about possibly rescheduling, and asked about the base salary for the job. It was important for me to know this because I did the math and realized I would be spending roughly $8,000 a year on gasoline and vehicle maintenance if I got the job.

I received a response that I was no longer being considered for the position. I consider this a blessing in that I am already in the interview process with four other companies which I feel are more transparent about compensation, and more in line with my interests and abilities.

Interview Questions

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in June 2012.

Interview Details – After I applied online, I was contacted by an American Marketing and Publisher Recruiter.
The recruiter then did a phone interview with me. She then set up an interview with the District Manager. The DM mostly discussed past sales experience and the sales process with AMP. Once we both determined to move forward with next step. I was given script to memorize and present back to DM. She was satisfied with my presentation. I went thru hiring process and assigned a start date for training.

Interview Question – Required to memorize a length script   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No ability to negotiate.

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview Details – Pretty simple. Its a 25 min interview.

Interview Question – How did you learn what Hard work was   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Outside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview Details – If your a warm body your hired

Interview Question – What's your name   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview Details – A hiring manager will first find your resume online using very loose search criteria. They will then attempt to contact you through email and the phone. After this you will be scheduled for an interview followed by an observation day in the field if you are accepted to move forward. The final step is to pass the script test before coming to training class.

Interview Question – What are your financial goals?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing is negotiable besides the start date.

Worked for American Marketing and Publishing? Contribute to the Community!