American Medical Response

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Coder Interview

Coder

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at American Medical Response.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a breeze...no complaints there! I wish they offered more incentives...but everything was very vague and basic..I received the job but I wasn't very happy there...due to low compensation.

Negotiation Details – Ask for more money...this company pays too low for the work that needs to be done.

EMT Interview

EMT
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and interviewed at American Medical Response.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an invitation to test within a week. Received my results before I left. There were medical questions and a skills test, which you had to pass before continuing on to the interview. The interview was easy, mostly conversational. Received an offer by email about a week and a half after the interview and was scheduled for a drug screen and agility test. I had also interviewed with another division before this one and they did not send me an official rejection letter.

Interview Question – What is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher
Modesto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Medical Response in May 2014.

Interview Details – First step was to apply online. About 4 weeks after applying I was contacted via email and invited to test for the position. Testing was about 3 hours, and ranged from written answer, map reading, and Multitasking to spelling and memory. Upon passing I received another email inviting me to the first of 2 interviews. The interview is a 3 person panel, and seems to be pretty scripted. General interview questions, I.e. Why do you want to work here? Tell us how you handled a problem with a Co worker, etc. Upon successful completionof the interview I received a phone call inviting me back for the final phase of the hiring process which is an interview with the director. That one you will have to find out for yourself. :)

Interview Question – There wasn't one. Questions are what you would typically expect in an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Yakima, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at American Medical Response in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very difficut to get hired due to the large amount of applications submitted through the online website. They ask the basis interview questions outlined on a sheet of paper. Example: Tell about a time you had work conflict and how you dealt with it?

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. EMT's start off at minimum wage. PERIOD!

West Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Medical Response in September 2010.

Interview Details – Online application. Follow up consistently with HR, as they rarely contact you. Interview will be very generic questions, with a few about your healthcare experience. Receive an employment offer letter. Take physical test. Complete urinalysis. A background check and driving history will be done during the process for eligibility. Show up on the date specified to start new hire training.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. All were based on your experience or very generic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Union CBA sets working parameters.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Medical Response in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call for an in person interview at Ops. Officially hired around a week later. Orientation the following week.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an EMT?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Received an offer by email.

EMT Interview

EMT
New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Medical Response.

Interview Details – Hiring process is written test, and trauma/medical stations like the state practicals. Interview, then physical fitness test. Then Orientation and a year, yes a WHOLE YEAR of probation.

Interview Question – The written test and practicals are probably the most challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Union, no negotiations. You're a link in a machine at this point :)

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher

I applied online - interviewed at American Medical Response in June 2010.

Interview Details – Being a corporate entity, the process was very linear and scripted, which was fine.

Interview Question – Didn't really apply. Not from my side of the table, anyway. I can't help but wonder if the interviewers felt restricted by the script. They weren't really allowed to deviate from it too much.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – union contract was in place--no negotiations

Ems Dispatcher Interview

Ems Dispatcher
Burlingame, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Medical Response in July 2013.

Interview Details – If you have a pulse, they will hire you.

Interview Question – Dealing with management, good luck, they never follow the Collective Bargaining Agreement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's what they offer you and thats it.

Paramedic Interview

Paramedic
Topeka, KS

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Medical Response in July 2009.

Interview Details – AMR loses applications routinely. The disconnect between HR and Ops is laughable. Almost everyone has a "story" about their issues getting an interview. Written test is nothing to slouch off about. Interview process depends on how desperate they are to get warm bodies in the ambulances

Interview Question – The written test is much easier for new medics & EMT's than those who have been out of school for awhile.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation really.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Medical Response

Worked for American Medical Response? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Medical Response interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Medical Response employees and interview candidates.