American Medical Response

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.3

EMT-B Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Medical Response.

First there is a test, NREMT type questions and a personality test that are graded before your interview. A very informal interview where you are given a date to take a physical test that is upper easy and instruction to take a drug screen immediately following the physical test. Simple process, dress professionally for the interview and gym clothes for the physical test.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? Why have you chosen EMS as a career?   Answer Question
    No negotiations so far. There is a week long orientation and negotiations occur during that time.

Field Paramedic Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Medical Response.

Only required to take a written test followed by one oral interview, quite easy actually. When I promoted to Paramedic from EMT I wasn't required to do any additional testing.

Unable to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Medical Response in November 2014.

Applies online, got an email about 2 weeks later to go in for verbal exam, skills testing, and interview. Verbal exam was straight forward, "Syncopal episode, what do you do? Contraindications for sager splint. Average BPs for different age groups. What is the difference between MI and angina?" Skills is easy, BVM, Suctioning, how to put a c collar on, etc. Interview is easy and it was my first one I have ever done, I did a little research though so I was prepared, questions consisted of "Tell us about yourself, why should we hire you? Besides helping people, what else do you think an EMT does?" The interview feels more like a conversation if you go in there and be calm. The AMR people are all nice and they want you to get the job so they wont throw any curveballs at you. The last question he asked put me at ease, "If you could name any song to describe your work ethic, what would it be?" I said Overkill by Men at Work.

A week later I got a call back and had to go do my Physical Agility Testing. Fill out some paperwork and complete four 3 hour online courses. Orientation is a week long from 8-5 and you get paid.

No negotiations

Medi-car Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Medical Response.

Got called the same day I applied. Went through the interview which consisted of several personality/situational questions. At the end of the interview they told me the wage was $9/hr. I was shocked because when I applied online I answered their question of "What is the lowest wage you're willing to except?" with a figure that is much higher than $9/hr because I have many years of experience. I still cannot understand why they would waste their time, not to mention my time and my gas money by inviting me for an interview knowing i would never accept such a low wage. I could have far better spent my time continuing my job search. I would recommend staying far away from this company that seemingly misrepresents itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Medical Response.

Applied online, got an e-mail with a test date, and then went in and tested. After I passed, I was interviewed by the training manager. The questions were typical- what is your biggest weakness, what was the most rewarding part of your past job, name something where something went wrong and you fixed it, etc. I went in later for the PT test portion (was 6 weeks postpartum at the time and passed with no practice), then was offered a position, but did not take it. They work 12 hour shifts, on two off two, float weekends.

Interview Questions
    • There is a written test that I was not prepared for. I passed, but barely. You have to make a 65 to pass.   Answer Question

I have four years of "indirect" experience, and they only offered about $10.75 an hour.

EMT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Medical Response.

Invited to take an EMT scenario test. I passed and was invited to come in or an interview. Interview was easy and laid back. Friendly interviewers. Promised I would hear from HR regarding the position by the word of the week A week passed without hearing from anyone so I contacted HR. They we not happy to be bothered but she PROMISED to let me know if I got it or not as soon as she knew. A month later... The job had been filled and have not heard from HR despite he promise and numerous emails to her.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw another EMT break a rule?   Answer Question

Coder Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at American Medical Response.

The hiring process was a breeze...no complaints there! I wish they offered more incentives...but everything was very vague and basic..I received the job but I wasn't very happy there...due to low compensation.

Ask for more money...this company pays too low for the work that needs to be done.

EMT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at American Medical Response.

Applied online and received an invitation to test within a week. Received my results before I left. There were medical questions and a skills test, which you had to pass before continuing on to the interview. The interview was easy, mostly conversational. Received an offer by email about a week and a half after the interview and was scheduled for a drug screen and agility test. I had also interviewed with another division before this one and they did not send me an official rejection letter.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Medical Response in May 2014.

First step was to apply online. About 4 weeks after applying I was contacted via email and invited to test for the position. Testing was about 3 hours, and ranged from written answer, map reading, and Multitasking to spelling and memory. Upon passing I received another email inviting me to the first of 2 interviews. The interview is a 3 person panel, and seems to be pretty scripted. General interview questions, I.e. Why do you want to work here? Tell us how you handled a problem with a Co worker, etc. Upon successful completionof the interview I received a phone call inviting me back for the final phase of the hiring process which is an interview with the director. That one you will have to find out for yourself. :)

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one. Questions are what you would typically expect in an interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Medical Response in May 2014.

they made me do testing and told me upon my results I would move onto the next step. However that was Not the case, I did pass, however it did not matter. The receptionist scheduled my interview before my test was even finished. So assuming the testing processing is just a waste.