American Megatrends Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

BIOS Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Megatrends (Norcross, GA).

Interview

The interview process included a screening questionnaire and technical interview including writing code. I completed the screening questionnaire via email and was offered an onsite interview. The onsite interview included traditional/general interview questions followed by skills test. I was asked to write code for various (low-level programming) scenarios. This code was visually inspected

Interview Questions

• Write code to set a specific mask of bits regardless of input.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Megatrends (Norcross, GA).

Interview

I submitted my resume in a school career fair, 1 week later, I got a phone interview with one of the manager, I had a one-site interview a week later and interviewed with 3 people for a day, Most likely were Basic C questions and computer architecture concepts.

Internsip Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Megatrends (Norcross, GA).

Interview

Applied online through college career portal. The process was quick. Got an email for a phone interview. Got an offer a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked several basic question on C++ Object Oriented Programming such as Inheritance, Polymorphism, operator overloading, virtual members etc. No coding questions were asked, they only expected knowledge about these topics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Megatrends (Norcross, GA).

Interview

Office was unorganized. With whom I was to talk to next seemed very random. Cubicles and labs seemed on the small size for this type of work and the employees seem crammed in the building. I out of place in the office dressed in nice pants, shirt, and a tie (one employee was wearing shorts and sandals. More than one person seemed unprepared for doing the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or not.

BIOS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Megatrends.

Interview

I had only onsite interview, there were four rounds. Taken by three people. The questions were easy. I like the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Megatrends (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Got the phone interview through a campus career fair. Phone interview was simple and straight forward, not much technical. Followed by on-site interview consisting of 3-4 rounds of writing code and a general CE/CS/EE quiz.

Interview Questions

• Had to do bitswapping exercises   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Megatrends (Taipei (Taiwan)) in December 2011.

Interview

First, the senior engineer asked mine technique skills to check my background, then I introduced the projects and issues that I experienced and solved in detailed, most of the time I was speaking and the talk was conducted in a relaxed atmosphere. Later, the manager come in and introduce the AMI, then I was requested to introduce myself in english. At last, we reach an common view in salasy.

Negotiation

Be relax and prepare the english introduction draft.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Megatrends (Chennai (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

1. Written round of 3 hr . Both subjective and objective 2. 1st round tech. interview . 3. 2nd round tech. interview with project manager . 4. HR interview .

Interview Questions

• Question from microprocessor if u chose it , and basic c.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Megatrends in December 2010.

Interview

1. Aptitude Test 2. Interview(Tech+HR)

Interview Questions

• If not selected in TCS, what next?   1 Answer
    • Write a program to find the sum of odd numbers within 1 to 100?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Megatrends in May 2009.

Interview

My interview is informal as I was from AMI India branch

Interview Questions

• In multiprocessor environment, when the board is applied power does all the processors hit the reset vector at the same time or how it works?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't get a chance to negotiate