American National Insurance

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American National Insurance in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, home office interview with 3 members of management. Executive from Galveston Tx office also interviewing via web. The initial call came from an unsolicited email via LinkedIn. It was obvious after the interview, the position could not be filled internally

Interview Question – All questions revolved around recruiting. No discussion on product, or anything else relating to productive business development   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Galveston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at American National Insurance in July 2012.

Interview Details – They use a behavioral type of interview style here so be ready for questions like: "name a time when....." or "describe a situation in....." They are quite challenging! I interviewed in HR first for about an hour with Shannon M. and she made me feel so welcome and provided me with great information about the company. Once I got up to the department, they asked me several of the same type of questions but I was warmed up by then thanks to her!

Interview Question – Something like "How did you handle a situation when you received bad feedback from your Supervisor?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
League City, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American National Insurance in April 2008.

Interview Details – You not only need to be flexible, you need to have the mentality of a 1940's worker-bee drone who is solely committed to the survival of the hive & it's queen.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you helped your team succeed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were completely unwilling to negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Interview

Sales
Rocklin, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American National Insurance in February 2011.

Interview Details – I responded to an ad on CareerBuilder and was called the same day. The interview was made for the next week and I went in and talked with someone for about an hour or so. They really pushed their revenue assistance program and this is what scared me off. It seemed like a way to trap people into thier company and pressure them into making a minimum monthly sales quota.

Interview Questions

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Galveston, TX

The process took 5 days - interviewed at American National Insurance in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview overall was one of the best I have been on. It was described very well by the Recruiter, Chelsey, and conducted in a professional, yet comfortable fashion. The questions were tough and required a moment of thought, but I enjoyed the process. The panel interview with the Accounting team was less relaxing, but I assume it was necessary to maintain a convenient schedule.

Interview Question – Specific experiences that required action   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Counter offer by current employer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American National Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American National Insurance interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by American National Insurance employees and interview candidates.