American Optometric Association Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2014

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Optometric Association

Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Optometric Association.

Was first contacted for phone interview. SImple behavioral/resume questions. Nothing too difficult.

Was later contacted in a week or two for in-person interview. More behavioral questions. Some technical questions, again nothing TOO difficult. I had to pause and think for a few moments, but was never unable to give a good response.

Kept in touch every week for 2-3 weeks and was offered the job by the end of the 3rd week.

Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Optometric Association.

I believe most positions at this company are fulfilled through a recruiter, meaning you will be temporary for 90 days if hired. Interview process was quick and not difficult. Standard interview questions. One phone interview with the recruiter, and two in-person interviews with the manager and director. I was hesitant about the temporary status but was assured it was very standard and you are always officially hired, unless you totally screw up of course.

Interview Questions
    Since I was working with a recruiter as all should be, she knew my preferred salary point and was able to get me to that point. I have no idea if she had to work for it at all.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Optometric Association in December 2011.

The interview was with a hiring manager and the director of the section. It was a basic interview with the usual questions asked. Make sure you read about how to answer the typical "strengths and weaknesses" questions. Also be sure to be qualified for the position. They do not hire people that don't fit the job qualifications.