American Pool Enterprises

Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Pool Enterprises

Lifeguard Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at American Pool Enterprises.

If you have a lifeguard certification, two legs, two arms, and lungs in case you have to do CPR then you're good. They will pretty much hire just about anyone so do not worry yourself about the interview process. I mean obviously show up and look decent, but don't overdo it.

Interview Questions
    • What are you hours like for this weekend?

.....they want you to be their slave immediately.
        Answer Question
    They usually start you at $9/hr.

Lifeguard Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Pool Enterprises in May 2011.

They basically sat me down and just made sure I had all of my credentials correct. It was a one on one interview, and they asked a few difficult questions. In the interview, I got to negotiate for my starting pay, but since I was only 15 at the time that was a little daunting.

Interview Questions
    • "If there was an emergency, what would you tell a group of people trying to crowd around?"   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

This is a great company, the interview was with two people in a small room, very informal. I loved working here. The bosses were a little inconsistent but the nicest. They were super funny, I started as a lifeguard and got put into the application pool for the supervisor based off recommendation. Overall the company was easily to work with and most places are always hiring!

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was asking how to fix a certain pipe. Even though I told them before I applied I would need the training.   View Answer
    No, they said this is what you do this is what your paid.

Pool Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Pool Enterprises in May 2009.

I had a one on one interview to discuss which pool I would manage and as well as a group interview where we learned about the company

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle complaints from the home owner's association?   Answer Question
    My hourly wage was negotiated based on my experience and they were pretty inflexible about offering any more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nanuet, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanuet, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Pool Enterprises in June 2009.

i saw their add on a web site applied online, a few days later a very pleasant staffer called me asked for my personal information, how many years of experience i had and if i had reliable transportation, the process is speedy and the company is eager to hire.

Interview Questions
    the company is tough on negotiating, i highly suggest you take a position and stick with it or else they will cream you for minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at American Pool Enterprises in June 2009.

Easy interview. I Got the job the same day that I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    After working there for a year I was able to negotiate and get paid better

Pool Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Pool Enterprises in May 2010.

I went to the office after a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice. When I originally called, I wanted the lifeguard position, but then when I got there they said I could be pool manager. I picked my pool based on the reputation and how far it was from my home.

Interview Questions

Worked for American Pool Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!