American Public Transportation Association

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Public Transportation Association

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Public Transportation Association (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview a few days later. The interview itself was straightforward and pleasant - just an informal conversation with the hiring manager, who brought a list of questions and took notes as we chatted. The main issue was with the follow-up, of which there was absolutely zero. I contacted both the hiring manager and the HR representative directly after the interview, and I followed up with each a couple of times in the following weeks. There was not a single response to any outreach attempt. I eventually happened to notice that the position had been removed from APTA's career site and just assumed I wasn't selected...but honestly, who knows? The lack of updates from the organization was disappointing and unprofessional, and I'm not sure I'd want to work for an organization that can't even manage its hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The conversation revolved around experience and education. There weren't any real cliche or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Public Transportation Association (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online in May and was contacted in August to interview in-person with the hiring manager and an HR rep. The interview was cancelled twice and when we finally met at the end September, they were preparing for a conference and had little time to talk. The manager said he wanted to briefly go over my resume and reschedule post-conference. I attempted to contact them after the conference but never received any type of communication back. Based on my interactions with APTA, they seem incredibly unorganized (so much so that it's practically erratic) and uncommunicative.

Interview Questions