American Red Cross

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Easy one on one interview about past work history. They are interested in people who can work with other people as opposed to educational requirements. Willing to train the right person and directors are great communicators with an extensive sales background

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Was contacted by HR after submitting my resume online, they gave me an overview of the position and set up an in person interview. I was under the impression it was with one person, however, I ended up interviewing with 3 different people. 2 hours after my interview ended, I received an email that I was a final candidate and they were starting a background check. I received a voicemail a couple days later (on a Friday), I called right back, but did not get through. No response on Monday either. On Tuesday, they called to officially offer me the position and wanted me to start in less than 2 weeks. Very late notice as I had to move to a new city to accept this position!

Interview Questions
    • Most questions referred to past experiences. Ex: Tell me about a time when you encountered a challenge.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied and was called in the next couple days by talent recruiter. Went in for an interview and was called back for another interview and asked to attend a blood drive to shadow another manager. Was offered the job less than two weeks from application date. Tried to negotiate salary but was not offered any additional money.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straightforward formal questions but expect a lot of them!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in March 2009.

Met with recruiter, manger, coworkers, and director within a month. Interview process was long and had to spend time in the field with coworkers. Unless you are very dedicated and willing to go through this lengthy process, it is not for you given the amount of work and low pay. Coworkers were awesome but a few managers were unreasonable, micro managing, and condescending. Work culture was toxic and cut throat.

Interview Questions
    Yes I was able to negotiate. Unless you are sure about working here, beware there are very long hours, work OVERLOAD, lots of driving, and micro managers.