American Red Cross

Relevance Date Difficulty

Collections Specialist I Interview

Collections Specialist I
Yakima, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in December 2009.

Interview Details – Received a call initially from the human resources office for region headquarters in Portland, OR. Proceeded with phone interview, was asked to meet with a district manager for a one on one. At that interview was given sample schedules, a short skills test, and a tour of the facility. Was asked about willingness to travel weekly for approximately 9 weeks for training. Received call of position offer a couple days later, with 3 days in which they performed background check and I had to have drug testing. Received my travel itinerary approximately 4 days before the next new employee orientation and training was to begin.

Interview Question – Describe an example of how you've overcome adversity in a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You must be absolutely willing to travel and have your life completely revolve around work. You must also be self-sacrificing and have a resistant outer shell so that all the negativity does not bring you down, because it will come at you from every angle.

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!