American Red Cross Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in September 2011.

I found a very brief summary of the position online. Per the description's instructions, I sent a letter of interest (through email) to HR and attached my resume. I never received a description but, about two weeks later, I received an email that let me know (on a Thursday) that I had an interview at 2:00 on Monday. I thought this was somewhat odd. I still wasn't sure exactly what the position required and I thought it was strange that they scheduled the interview without even speaking with me. (What if I had a job that wouldn't allow me to leave at 2:00 on a Monday?) Anyways, the two staff members who interviewed me were very nice but only one seemed interested in what I had to say. I think the other lost interest in me pretty early on which was disappointing because, at least on paper, I thought I was a great fit for the position once I learned exactly what the position involved. (I know... biased opinion.) They told me they would make a decision right away and I never heard back from them. Obviously they decided to go with someone else! Maybe next time! :-) Overall, not the worst interview experience I've had.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in May 2011.

They were very welcoming and open to all questions. They wanted to get to know you and explain what the position entails.

Disaster Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross in May 2009.

The initial interview was a 1:1 interview with the associate director where the responsibilities of the position were outlined and qualifications reviewed. Because the Dallas-area chapter is very strong in volunteer leadership, the next round of interviews involved a group interview where both staff and senior-level volunteers in my activity interviewed me, asking questions subjects like: how would I work with my volunteer partner to improve my area, how would I resolve a difference in opinion or a conflict with my volunteer partner, which of my skills were most suited for the position, and what my greatest weakness is. They also outlined the position's top priorities.

The hiring process in general is much slower than other organizations, but the work can be very rewarding. The range for the position's salary level was published to their web site, leaving little room for negotiation. Particularly in the case of their Disaster organization, they are very keen on seeing volunteer partners as equals, which might or might not be a bonus for an individual.

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve a conflict or difference of opinion with your volunteer partner?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in March 2009.

Interview was stanard panel interview. Usual "how do you handle", "goals" how do you describe yourself" questions. Took 4-5 weeks after interview until offer given.

Interview Questions
    • "list your weaknessess"... always difficult to answer....   Answer Question
    No negociating. Pay and benifits are set - take it or leave it.