American Red Cross Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

I submitted my resume to the volunteer specialist who was tasked to find and interview interns each semester. Keep in mind an internship with the local Red Cross chapter is NON-PAID (but a summer internship at the ARC headquarters in Washington, D.C. is paid)

It was a quick process. In one week the volunteer specialist contacted me for an interview, I went to do the interview, and they hired me two days later.They are looking for college students that are good at what they do (whether it's in finance, communication, outreach, or casework), but are also motivated by the mission statement of "alleviating human suffering" and want to make a difference in the community. If you only care about money, the Red Cross isn't the company for you.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Why do you want to intern at the Red Cross?
    2) Do you have a desire to continue to volunteer with us after the internship is over?
    3) What drives you everyday at work?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

I just personally called up the volunteer services manager, instead of applying online waiting for a response and it worked he called me up the next day and I had an internship.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was to be on call for a week where you are suppose to respond to all disasters in the are 24 hours a day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

Simple hiring process - no cover letter needed, just a resume submitted via the website. Interviews were only one round - straight forward.

on site interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross in April 2011.

I was very happy with the interview process for the American Red Cross. I was interviewed over the phone as well as in person for a position. The interviewers were fair, open and friendly. Though the questions seemed simple, I realized that they were fishing for very specific experience and knowledge. I recommend complete honesty and straightforwardness (while maintaining professionalism, obviously) because I truly believe that they will offer you the position if you are a good fit and if not, they know that you would not be content in the position.

Interview Questions
    • How does HIV/AIDS fit into water and sanitation issues?   Answer Question