American Red Cross

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.7

Lab Technician Interview

They moved very quickly. Phone and face interview in 1 week and offered the position the following week. The process was simple and easy to maneuver through. However, HR was ver difficult to contact to answer questions.

Disaster Program Manager Interview

I started by filling out the online application, which was followed by a phone "interview." The phone interview was more of a screening process; are you willing to travel, are you ok with unexpected events, etc. That was followed about a week later by an email which gave me 24 hours to fill out another online application which was a bit more detailed, and gave them permission to conduct a background and reference check. After I filled that out, I received a call two days later, by the recruiter, asking me if I would be willing to accept a certain salary for the position, knowing what my stated requirements were from the interview. If I had said yes, that would lead me to a second phone interview with a hiring manager for the position. Because the amount offered was significantly less than I am currently making, I turned the position down at that time.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty basic. How do you deal with change, what is your most recent accomplishment, are you willing to travel...   Answer Question

The salary that was being offered was not commensurate with the job description in my opinion, as well as being less than I was currently making.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

The two interview process was easy and not intimidating at all. Just come prepared with facts on the mission. Everyone was very friendly and was open to speaking with me about my thoughts and personal experiences.

Disaster Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Takes a very long time. Interview process is pretty routine (along length gaps with no communication). The hiring process was a little clunky with salary negotiations being reduced at the last minute (unethical)

not a good negotiation. felt a little deceived and double-crossed. not very ethical.

Business Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in January 2015.

I applied through their online system. Note: They do not require a cover letter, just a resume. I got a call a week later to schedule a phone screening with a recruiter. The recruiter was very kind and straightforward. She explained the position and asked for salary requirements, as well as making it very clear what the position entailed and continuing to check whether I was still interested in moving forward. She immediately scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. The in-person interview was with the head of the department. Very kind and accomplished woman, the type of person you would want to be your boss.The interview lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes. Standard questions. She also explained the position in-depth and her expectations for this individual. It felt more like a friendly conversation than an interview. From there, she showed me around the building a bit and introduced me to a couple people. I asked who to follow up with and she stated the recruiter. She said it would take about 2 weeks to learn of the results. I learned less than a week later that my application was denied. Very surprised and disappointed given how the process went.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

One interview with two VP's, casual and comfortable. I later felt that the interview didn't give an accurate picture of the job and workload. I later realized that you are truly on call 24/7/365.

Interview Questions
    • I recall being asked how to handle difficult employees which in this case were volunteers.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiating

Major Gifts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied for the job online.
    Two weeks later, received an email to schedule a phone interview.
    The phone interview was very dry and included only experience related questions. If you are relying heavily on your good personality to dazzle during an interview, this one will prove difficult for you.
    More than two weeks later, I received an email requesting a face-to-face interview for the following day.
    I met with two employees, both of which were very friendly. The second interview was more about getting to know my personality rather than my experience. the second interview also had more information about the position.
    I received a phone call two weeks after this interview with an offer from the company. Until the offer, the salary for the position was not made available to me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, but I cannot express how very impersonal the phone interview was. Don't feel discouraged if you don't feel you had chemistry with your interviewer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

I just personally called up the volunteer services manager, instead of applying online waiting for a response and it worked he called me up the next day and I had an internship.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was to be on call for a week where you are suppose to respond to all disasters in the are 24 hours a day.   Answer Question

Volunteer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Unorganized and pathetic.. First you apply, wait for a couple months, receive a phone call from someone not even in the same state as your job. Phone interview, Interview with 2 people, then about 6 people. But it is very unprofessional... I guess that would be the first sign of a failing organization. Upper management trying to interview!!! They can't even hold on to donors....and be good to employees!

NONE!

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

1 phone interview and two in person interviews. The in person interviews had no less than 4 people interviewing you at once. Very nice though. They really cared if you would be a good fit for the team and not just another body.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there was a snow storm and no one could make it to your blood drive?   Answer Question