American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.6

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I first received an email notifying me that I was being considered about a week later I did a phone interview which was easy the HR lady just basically wanted to establish that I had a degree. I was then scheduled for an in person interview they were very friendly and the conversation flowed well. After the interview they gave me a tour of the work area and I met the other team members. They did let me know that they were considering many candidates for this 1 position and I would know by next week. The next day I received an email informing me that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why the RedCross Describe a time when you had to follow directions from a paper they described their ideal candidate and asked questions pertaining to that   Answer Question

Account/Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online. Was interviewed on the phone then called for a face to face interview. There is a full background check and drug testing to start (some colleges were not required to take a drug test).

Interview Questions

• What do like most about your current position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, I received a call from Charlotte, NC talent recruitment for a brief phone screening. The screening lasted 10 mins, and was immediately scheduled for a 1:1 interview for the next wk. My situation is different because I initially applied for the Collections Tech that required me to travel and prepare blood drives. I loved the job but the hours were inconvenient for me as a wife, mom, and student. I inquired any other available positions, particularly on-site. I was introduced to another manager where I conducted a 2nd interview for this position. I nailed it, but was told I had to get word from HR before moving forward. I was received a email for a background/drug screening the same day. A wk later I had a 3rd interview with the supervisor of the dept. The day after, a offer was made by HR.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle dealing with multiple personalities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Your starting wage is based off of experience and there is no negotiations. HR will determine this.

Disaster Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Began with the person whom I thought would be the sole interviewer telling me she had about 30 minutes to ask an hour's worth of questions. It evolved to be a seven-person panel lasting over an hour. They asked the gamut of questions, and was generally stress free. They did ask a question regarding my background as a social worker, and how that may impact my work as a disaster services specialist. The seven-person panel ranged from current volunteers to Senior Disaster Program Managers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a Matrix environment?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself in one word.   1 Answer
    • What is your experience in managing volunteers?   1 Answer
    • Are you available to be on-call, respond to emergencies 24/7/365?   1 Answer
    • Are you fluent in computer programs such as Word, Excel?   1 Answer

Disaster Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Monroe, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

Apply online. Phone screen with the recruiter. Then have a phone interview, then if selected to continue you will either have a second phone interview with a panel or a Skype interview with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position and what makes you qualified?   Answer Question

Disaster Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Person conducting interview was HR calling from central location. Interviewer was very polite and professional. Lasted about 15 minutes. General questions about background and experience. Discussion on salary relatively early revealed this wouldn't be the right fit for me. Interviewer was very helpful discussing other ARC positions that would be better suited and encouraged me to keep an eye on their positions.

Administrative Coordinator II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Asked me experience and any questions I had. Knew things about the program all ready and told me about pay and hours. Second interview two ppl asked experience, why I wanted to work at the Red Cross. Back ground check took a week.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you handled a difficult client?   1 Answer

Components Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I was overqualified for the position, but the position was very interesting. About a month after I applied I got a call for an interview. The interview was over the phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. No real scientific questions were asked, questions were more customer service and achievement based. Interviewer was very nice. Interviewer said he would be in touch, but I never heard back.

SummerProduct Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screening after an initial email was sent and then two more interviews with managers I would directly be working with if hired. Everyone was very nice. Seemed to be in a hurry in terms of interviewing and getting the process done (but no complaints there). Initial contact was made the last week of April and an offer with a week and a half since then.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't attempt. Wished relocation was provided.

Manufacturing Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

They were very quick to get to my online application and requested a phone screen in the same week. The phone screening itself felt very scripted but I was able to get a lot of information asking questions towards the end. I was unable to proceed because I could not commit for a year.