American Red Cross

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Direct Manager, Senior Manager of Division and CFO of Organization. Questions ranged from simple to more elaborate. Interviwers were very friendly and gave time to think and elaborate answers

Interview Question – All questions were very well formulated which made easier to think over it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Collections Technician II Interview

Collections Technician II

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring was inconsiderate they called me on a Friday at 4:45PM and wanted me to show up for training on Monday morning at 8:00AM. Unfortunately I was still employed and found it necessary to give my current employer a two week notice. Interview was typical nothing outrageous.

Traveling Phlebotomist Interview

Traveling Phlebotomist
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in July 2014.

Interview Details – Straight forward On-line application, Phone interview was prompt and pleasant, Invitation to a physical interview was immediate. The atmosphere for the interview was formal but relaxed, they used an administrator plus a field manager to ask "in this situation what would you do?" questions. They were very up front about the pros and cons of the work involved. They planned to fill the positions within 2 weeks but there was no response for 'accept or deny' and no answer to inquiry at their HR.

Interview Question – What would you do with an uncooperative volunteer?   View Answer

Donor Counselor I Interview

Donor Counselor I
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by Aerotek for this position. The job was contract-to-hire. I was interviewed for one position, which no longer exists, and was turned down. However, my recruiter managed to persuade the HR rep to consider me for another position. I was then hired as a CI. On my third day of training, I was told by the HR rep that the CI position was already promised to someone else. However, I still had a job, but it was the Donor Counselor I position.

Interview Question – I didn't have any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Data Specialist Interview

Data Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call a week later for phone screening. Phone screening was very easy. After the phone screening, interview was set up. Interview was fairly easy but I could tell my interviewer wasn't into it. She kept making faces at every answer I made, also made face when she would write down notes. The interview lasted about 15 minutes, I was in a room with about 4-5 other interviews going on at the same time so it was a bit hard to concentrate, and she didn't let me know the next steps in the process and she also didn't walk me out. Overall it was an okay experience. It really does seem like a good company to work for.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to make a major decision. What was the outcome?

Have you ever worked for a place that was regulated?
  Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR after submitting my resume online, they gave me an overview of the position and set up an in person interview. I was under the impression it was with one person, however, I ended up interviewing with 3 different people. 2 hours after my interview ended, I received an email that I was a final candidate and they were starting a background check. I received a voicemail a couple days later (on a Friday), I called right back, but did not get through. No response on Monday either. On Tuesday, they called to officially offer me the position and wanted me to start in less than 2 weeks. Very late notice as I had to move to a new city to accept this position!

Interview Question – Most questions referred to past experiences. Ex: Tell me about a time when you encountered a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my application for this position in NYC office, I got a phone call to schedule an interview. I was a little surprised when I met 6 people waiting in a meeting room to interview me. In general, they were very nice. I have a feeling that interviewers of NGOs are more friendly than those in other sectors.

Interview Question – How passionate are you about ARC projects   Answer Question

Case Reviewer Interview

Case Reviewer
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2010.

Interview Details – saw the ad on line and applied online, called in for interview waited one week and go the job that was in March 2001- ARC is great company to work for, i have relocated due to married.

Negotiation Details – none, i recieved what i asked for

Disaster Services Manager Interview

Disaster Services Manager

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and received phone interview in about a week. Easy questions, such as tell us about yourself, why do you want to work for us, etc. The biggest issue was the salary of 40K for a manager in charge of a 8 county region. I can see why the position sits open for a long time. The interviewer was friendly and seemed to be upfront about the position. The interview was cut short when the salary was mentioned.

Interview Question – Easy, standard questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was well below an acceptable amount for the position.

Donor Recruitment Representative, Account Manager Interview

Donor Recruitment Representative, Account Manager
Roanoke, VA

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email by a talent strategist to schedule a initial phone interview. The phone interview went well. It was basic questions, What is an achievement from this past year, what is an example of a failure, tell me about a time when you absolutely could not meet the needs of a customer and how you handled it, etc. They also asked me to elaborate on sales and manager experience. They did ask me to share my salary expectations.

Interview Question – Asking me to talk about a time I couldn't meet the customer/client's needs and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There seems to be room for negotiation. They asked about salary in the phone interview however I've only been invited to the 1:1 interview and not sure if I will get a final offer yet.

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!