American Red Cross

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.7

Volunteer Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Unorganized and pathetic.. First you apply, wait for a couple months, receive a phone call from someone not even in the same state as your job. Phone interview, Interview with 2 people, then about 6 people. But it is very unprofessional... I guess that would be the first sign of a failing organization. Upper management trying to interview!!! They can't even hold on to donors....and be good to employees!

NONE!

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

1 phone interview and two in person interviews. The in person interviews had no less than 4 people interviewing you at once. Very nice though. They really cared if you would be a good fit for the team and not just another body.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there was a snow storm and no one could make it to your blood drive?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview process went smoothly. Phone Interview with recruiter advised hiring manager will contact you. Less than a week I received confirmation of interview. Interviewed at local chapter with hiring manager. Reviewed position responsibilities. Offered information about on going projects.

Interview Questions
    • Interview as any other. Reviewed responsibilities of position.   Answer Question

Major Gifts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied for the job online.
    Two weeks later, received an email to schedule a phone interview.
    The phone interview was very dry and included only experience related questions. If you are relying heavily on your good personality to dazzle during an interview, this one will prove difficult for you.
    More than two weeks later, I received an email requesting a face-to-face interview for the following day.
    I met with two employees, both of which were very friendly. The second interview was more about getting to know my personality rather than my experience. the second interview also had more information about the position.
    I received a phone call two weeks after this interview with an offer from the company. Until the offer, the salary for the position was not made available to me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, but I cannot express how very impersonal the phone interview was. Don't feel discouraged if you don't feel you had chemistry with your interviewer.   Answer Question

Transportation Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

The interview was short. However, I had to meet with the department's director (in a separate meeting). There was a four month gap between the interview and start date. The position was posted and then removed for financial reasons.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with vulnerable populations such as the elderly and special needs in intense situations?   Answer Question
    HR contacted my employment references. Post-employment references, an offer was extended over the phone and a letter of employment was mailed with the start date. My first day of employment, I was badged, fingerprinted, and issued access cards.

Communications Specialist Interview

Had a phone interview. The interview read a checklist of pre-packaged questions about whether I was willing to work flexible hours when needed. The phone interviewer didn't even ask me about myself, just recited what the Red Cross was about and asked if traveling would be a problem, etc. It took only about 5 minutes. It seemed to be more of a screening than an interview. I was then asked to fill out an online application and send it on to the actual hiring manager who will narrow down the field.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

- first contact was through an internship fair at my university
    - received an email from the recruiter requesting to schedule an interview
    - they did not have time to interview me until a month later so that was a bit inconvenient
    - attended the interview expecting to be talking to one person, but instead I was interviewed by a panel of 4 HR staff members
    - interview was pretty standard and they were all very kind
    - I received an email a few days later requesting a background check
    - after the background check was completed I was officially offered the position and I accepted

Interview Questions
    They were very open to working with my class schedule.

Fundraising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

I am a current volunteer and received word about this position from a staff member. I was told that the only reason I got a job interview (like many others) was because I was already involved with the organization. I completed the online application, and then got an unexpected call to do a phone interview late at night about a week after I submitted the application. The interview lasted for about 30 min. One week after the first interview I was asked to come in for a one on one interview.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross in November 2014.

The interview process was long, first three person panel followed with a 2 person panel and at the end an interview with VP of finance. All of the questions were very well thought and strategized.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were above average, none too unexpected or very difficult.   Answer Question

Collections Technician II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

I applied online and within two weeks was emailed by a talent recruit for a phone interview.The phone interview was 10-15 minutes and pretty standard questions about experience and conflict resolution.A few days later I was contacted by a HR recruiter and was set up for an in person interview that lasted about 20 minutes.Was told I would find out within a week if I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used a new technical device or application that you were unfamiliar with.   Answer Question