American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.7

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview. During the interview they went over my previous work experience and asked how my previous experience will help in the job I was applying for.

Willing to negotiate

Account Manager Interview

Easy one on one interview about past work history. They are interested in people who can work with other people as opposed to educational requirements. Willing to train the right person and directors are great communicators with an extensive sales background

Volunteer Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview was approximately 2 hours long and I met with the director and my immediate manager. They also invited another volunteer manager in to the interview and I had the opportunity to ask questions about the position.

The Red Cross does not pay well at all, I took a pay cut to work in this position

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross.

There were three interviews in all. First a phone interview with HR representative with basic questions about past employment and qualifications, as well as, why you want to work for Red Cross.
    Second interview with supervisor and manager. All questions came from standard format: can you perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations, tell about a time when you gave great customer service, tell about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker, how many times a year is it acceptable to miss work, tell about a time when your schedule was changed on short notice and were you able to accommodate. There are a few more about work behaviors and conflict resolution. Third interview was with manager, supervisor, and staff nurse and questions were very similar to previous interview. That day got offer and sent for drug screening. There was an online background check. Training started a week later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, all wages and benefits are set by union contract

Donor Counselor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at American Red Cross.

I was originally contacted by Aerotek for this position. The job was contract-to-hire. I was interviewed for one position, which no longer exists, and was turned down. However, my recruiter managed to persuade the HR rep to consider me for another position. I was then hired as a CI. On my third day of training, I was told by the HR rep that the CI position was already promised to someone else. However, I still had a job, but it was the Donor Counselor I position.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Was contacted by HR after submitting my resume online, they gave me an overview of the position and set up an in person interview. I was under the impression it was with one person, however, I ended up interviewing with 3 different people. 2 hours after my interview ended, I received an email that I was a final candidate and they were starting a background check. I received a voicemail a couple days later (on a Friday), I called right back, but did not get through. No response on Monday either. On Tuesday, they called to officially offer me the position and wanted me to start in less than 2 weeks. Very late notice as I had to move to a new city to accept this position!

Interview Questions
    • Most questions referred to past experiences. Ex: Tell me about a time when you encountered a challenge.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Traveling Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in July 2014.

Straight forward On-line application, Phone interview was prompt and pleasant, Invitation to a physical interview was immediate. The atmosphere for the interview was formal but relaxed, they used an administrator plus a field manager to ask "in this situation what would you do?" questions. They were very up front about the pros and cons of the work involved. They planned to fill the positions within 2 weeks but there was no response for 'accept or deny' and no answer to inquiry at their HR.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with an uncooperative volunteer?   View Answer

Special Events Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Red Cross in July 2014.

Applied online within a week I was contacted to do a phone interview (screening) with the recruiter. In a matter of minutes the interviewer moved me to the next step, a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. I arrived early, waited for 20 min. before I was brought upstairs to the interview room. Two managers interviewed me. Questions were easy and they mostly asked about my experience in event management. I showed them my special events portfolio -- they seemed impressed.

Two months have passed and I was not notified either way which is always a red flag to me about a company. You at least give job seekers the courtesy of a "we went with another candidate" "we're still interviewing hang tight", or "can you come in again?"

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked were difficult to me. I know the industry, management, and had proof to show.   Answer Question

Disaster Services Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2014.

Applied on-line and received phone interview in about a week. Easy questions, such as tell us about yourself, why do you want to work for us, etc. The biggest issue was the salary of 40K for a manager in charge of a 8 county region. I can see why the position sits open for a long time. The interviewer was friendly and seemed to be upfront about the position. The interview was cut short when the salary was mentioned.

Interview Questions

The salary was well below an acceptable amount for the position.

Donor Recruitment, Blood Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

I was interviewed via phone three times in all. the first two interviews were by someone local, and then the last interview was with a person at a larger office.

Interview Questions
    • Common behavioral interview questions...tell me about a difficult situation at work and how you resolved it, tell me about a time you failed...   View Answer

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!