American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I first received an email notifying me that I was being considered about a week later I did a phone interview which was easy the HR lady just basically wanted to establish that I had a degree. I was then scheduled for an in person interview they were very friendly and the conversation flowed well. After the interview they gave me a tour of the work area and I met the other team members. They did let me know that they were considering many candidates for this 1 position and I would know by next week. The next day I received an email informing me that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why the RedCross
      Describe a time when you had to follow directions from a paper
      they described their ideal candidate and asked questions pertaining to that

Answer Question

Account/Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online. Was interviewed on the phone then called for a face to face interview. There is a full background check and drug testing to start (some colleges were not required to take a drug test).

Interview Questions

• What do like most about your current position?   1 Answer

Disaster Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Began with the person whom I thought would be the sole interviewer telling me she had about 30 minutes to ask an hour's worth of questions. It evolved to be a seven-person panel lasting over an hour. They asked the gamut of questions, and was generally stress free. They did ask a question regarding my background as a social worker, and how that may impact my work as a disaster services specialist. The seven-person panel ranged from current volunteers to Senior Disaster Program Managers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a Matrix environment?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself in one word.   1 Answer
    • What is your experience in managing volunteers?   1 Answer
    • Are you available to be on-call, respond to emergencies 24/7/365?   1 Answer
    • Are you fluent in computer programs such as Word, Excel?   1 Answer

Disaster Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Person conducting interview was HR calling from central location. Interviewer was very polite and professional. Lasted about 15 minutes. General questions about background and experience. Discussion on salary relatively early revealed this wouldn't be the right fit for me. Interviewer was very helpful discussing other ARC positions that would be better suited and encouraged me to keep an eye on their positions.

SummerProduct Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screening after an initial email was sent and then two more interviews with managers I would directly be working with if hired. Everyone was very nice. Seemed to be in a hurry in terms of interviewing and getting the process done (but no complaints there). Initial contact was made the last week of April and an offer with a week and a half since then.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't attempt. Wished relocation was provided.

Manufacturing Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

They were very quick to get to my online application and requested a phone screen in the same week. The phone screening itself felt very scripted but I was able to get a lot of information asking questions towards the end. I was unable to proceed because I could not commit for a year.

Administrative Coordinator II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Asked me experience and any questions I had. Knew things about the program all ready and told me about pay and hours. Second interview two ppl asked experience, why I wanted to work at the Red Cross. Back ground check took a week.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you handled a difficult client?   1 Answer

Disaster Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview with panel of three people. Super informal, usual questions. Last question about what super hero and super power threw me off.......I don't know that much about super heroes. I don't know what will happen next, but should hear from the lady I spoke to on the phone in a couple of weeks.

Service to the Armed Forces I Tern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Red Cross (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in person at the local chapter. Normal interview questions were asked and at the end I was asked if I would be interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest part of my training in the military. What interests you the most about interning with the American Red Cross? What previous experience do you have that would make you a good fit for a position at the American Red Cross?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took about one month. The first is a phone interview from volunteer service volunteer. The second is from the department of your background. There are more than ten questions. Almost all of them are behavior questions. They may ask some questions based on your background, like: Why you chose XX as your major? What is your current level of your major?