American Red Cross Interview Questions

2.7

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross in January 2009.

Tough, the questions were all situational with no real answers

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with co-worker who does not cooperate   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Red Cross in March 2011.

I interviewed with the senior analyst and the current financial analyst whose role I would be taking over (She was leaving for personal reasons).
    Very corporate vibe considering it is a non profit organization. Asked mostly behavioral questions such as
    1. What stresses you out the most?
    2. Explain a time when you have had to resolve a conflict with an employee
    3. Talk about a time when you have had to deal with a difficult client who has been non responsive etc

I hear they take a long time setting up the interviews as well as getting back to you after. I think the overall interview experience was great! My application was eventually rejected due to their competitive candidate pool. I am going to keep in contact with the employees, and keep applying for other positions within Red Cross.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross in September 2010.

Interview process was very long. Three interviews at the American National Red Cross and finally got an offer. Salary was pretty low and not market competitive. They say that its a 9 to 5 job but it really isn't. You'll be working over 5pm. Honestly, its not worth it for the amount of money.

There was no negotiation

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross in August 2011.

I saw a position listed and thought it was the ideal position for me based on my background. I applied online and received an email back asking me to elaborate on one of my experiences. Then we spoke on the phone. I mentioned someone we knew in common, but to this day I don't know if that was a good idea. I never heard back. Be careful that you are not associating yourself with anyone that your potential employer had a bad experience with. I should have asked the person first before mentioning their name.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with web and social media analytics?   View Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnstown, PA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross in May 2012.

Played a work game with figuring out problems without a computer in front of you.

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in November 2008.

Contacted by HR employee. 2 interviews, the first of which was an initial phone interview with same HR rep; the second, a sit-down with two senior managers in the Collections department.
    The phone interview was very relaxed, but I was well-prepared with notes in front of me regarding general difficult questions that may have come up, and my strengths as they related to the job description itself (I am sort of a nervous interviewer). I felt like my interviewer was very empathetic and nice about the way she framed her questions; not at all adversarial.
    I received a call back two days later and scheduled an in-person interview.
    The in-person interview was conducted by two department supervisors, Collections Operations Managers. Much managerial restructuring has taken place since my interview in 2008, but my interviewers were basically three supervisory tiers above me. I believe that number would now be two, as one managerial level has been eliminated recently. But they were department heads.
    The meeting was very professional; definitely not a touchy-feely experience. The Red Cross wants to make sure they're hiring someone who takes their work seriously, and is able to follow instructions to the absolute letter, with few deviations, because this kind of adherence to procedure is vitally important to the safe collection of lifesaving blood. So, jokesters take note, I guess.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember word-for-word what the most difficult question was, but as far as I remember it had to do with a difficult situation I had faced at work-- conflict or something (I should have researched this type of question beforehand)--- and how I had handled it.   View Answer
    The American Red Cross pays nurses considerably less than what you might find in another venue, so bear that in mind going into the negotiation process. [I strongly advise against this nursing job being one's first nursing job, as it was mine-- there is almost no upward mobility here that is meaningful, there is very little critical thinking involved in the job, there is no aspect which is technically considered "patent care" by other hiring institutions. However, it is a wonderful place to work if you have no other option, if you're planning on leaving after 6 months but before one year, or if you are on the outward sweep of your career and want a cushy union (for now) job where you don't have to pull anybody up in bed, risk making a med error, or have to talk to any sick person's family. This, by the way, is why you get paid less. It's still a really important job, and it still helps to be knowledgable, meticulous, and empathetic.]

Blood Donor Recruitment Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Online application, written interview via email, phone interview, follow-up phone interview and then face to face

Interview Questions
    • Give 3 examples of proven sales success and initiative   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

I was called about 2 weeks after online application. I had a very easy phone interview and about 4 days later I received an email for face to face interview. That interview was a little harder as they wanted exact situation answers. Interview went well. I did a call back and was told they were very impressed and I should receive a call from the recruiter by week end. No phone call, no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were given a complex task and how did you achieve it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Red Cross in January 2011.

Very straight forward and concise. resume checked references checked the entire process took 3 hours. Job discussion took l hour, the computer proficiency to 45 minutes. Meeting the staff and the principles of the business in the Akron Branch. Very informative and precise, left the offices feeling that I had made an impression as well as the wonderful impression they had on me. Great place to work and enjoy everyday. Actually look forward to walking through the doors daily.

Interview Questions
    • What made you decide to move to akron.   View Answer
    none they offered and I accepted.

Blood Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

interviewed at American Red Cross in June 2011.

There was a presentation that had to talk about the Red Cross given to a specific demographic. Lots of hypothetical questions. And "Tell me about a time you had to...." in your last job....

Interview Questions
    They won't negotiate. They pay like it's 1972. High turnover because of it.