American Red Cross

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.7

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

After the initial recruiter screening, the interview process went quickly. However, the overall recruitment process took over a month to process after

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were technical questions related to the job   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate a higher salary.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

After applying I was asked to do a phone interview. I was on speaker phone with three people from different levels of the organization and it was extremely hard to hear and more difficult not knowing who was asking the question. Despite this I thought the interview went well. The job was posted for several regions and despite my having more experience in one region, I was never told which I was being considered for, at one point I was even asked if I had a preference and why, but representatives from several regions were in on the interview.
    I was surprised to get a phone call one morning at 7am (I lived in another state and different time zone than DC) telling me they wanted to do a Skype interview that afternoon. That seemed like very short notice to be able to block out an hour that afternoon and the woman on the phone was quite brisk with me. I made arrangements and did the interview via skype. Mostly I thought it went well, but again it was with three different people all from different regions and I was asked questions from all of them relating to all the regions, that seem very strange to me especially during a second interview. It felt like they really did not know and were still trying to figure it out, this made the interview seem unfocused.
    After the Skype interview, the communication stopped completely. I had the number of the hiring manager who had communicated with me for the interviews, I called once, just to check on the status of the job and I was not put through. I never received any notification, not even an email to inform me the job had been filled. I know more companies are doing this, but it seems unprofessional especially after two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked, even in the second interview, if I had a regional preference.   Answer Question

Crisis Duty Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied online for the position. A few weeks later I was called in for an Interview that consisted of typing test, and a mixture of traditional and behavioral based questions. The interview was witha panel of two managers, both were very nice, knowledgeable, and accomodating. About a week later, I was called in for a second interview with the director. The second interview was more of an informal discussion rather than an interview. I was contacted about three days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about not being able to assist everyone who needed help.   Answer Question

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Contacted by an HR rep via email after responding to job posting on Indeed.com. Was brought in for a 2 on one interview with a regional and district manager, and then was contacted the following Monday to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Standard "describe a time" situations. They were very friendly   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Lengthy process. They took a very long time to contact me.

N/a

Team Supervisor Interview

Making sure production and safety are balanced and the bottom line (goals) are being met, while providing excellent customer service.

Interview Questions
    • How many balloons can you fit inside a train?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate, but I should have for a $1 or two more for base pay per hour, for my salary.

Regional Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Was contacted 2 months after posting resume on online portal. Had a group phone interview and then was offered the job. Smooth process

Youth Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied online. Got a call to set up a phone interview.
    I thought I did horribly on the phone interview so I did not expect a call for an in-person interview, but I did!
    The second interview went really well, but I guess I was wrong because I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember, since this interview was several months ago, but a lot of the questions during the phone interview were pretty hard to answer.   Answer Question

Disaster Specialist Interview

I was initially turned down through HR screening without even an interview. I was eventually offered an interview after passing my resume along to the actual hiring manager and bypassing HR. Had initial HR interview with very basic questions. Moved on to panel interview over the phone because was out-of-state.

Interview Questions
    • Challenges associated with volunteers and ways to get community involved.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator II Interview

I had a phone interview for a receptionist position and I was totally thrown off because I was on speaker phone. I haven't had many phone interviews but this was defiantly my first speaker phone interview.