American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.6

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Anacortes, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone interview (national HR), Board Committee interview, phone follow-up (national HR), job offer. I had a very good experience with the national human resources person who did my screening interview. The Board Committee interview was both challenging and enjoyable. Good questions and nice interactions. Overall the experience was a positive one, though the process was a bit more protracted than I had hoped it would be.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach getting to know the chapter during your first month?   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted first. Then there is the one on one interview with someone from the company. After the interview you have to take a quiz . The quiz consists of asking what you would do in particular situations. Also questions about HIPPA were asked as well. After 2 days an offer of employment is made once the drug screen and background check clears.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask tons of questions about scheduling. If you have anything planned make them aware in advance.

Government Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in April 2014.

Interview

Went into the regional office for interview with 2 supervisors who would be supervising me during my actual internship. Got to look around the office and it was very friendly overall. Thought is was a thoroughly positive experience.

After interview I was informed by phone my status by the internship coordinator.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Tepid not a very precise overview of the organization. No real connection with the interviewer and many promises were broken. I took the job because I needed to change career directions and this looked like a safe bet.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Process was conducted over the phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. The interview allowed you to sell yourself, explain your background experiences, and detail how bring value to the advertised position. It also allowed you to ask specific details about the job posting-- which is a huge plus to drill into the scope of the work and performance level. At the end the salary question was asked to me and due to the range disparity, the HR recruiter gave me the insight to the budgeted salary.

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume to the volunteer specialist who was tasked to find and interview interns each semester. Keep in mind an internship with the local Red Cross chapter is NON-PAID (but a summer internship at the ARC headquarters in Washington, D.C. is paid)

It was a quick process. In one week the volunteer specialist contacted me for an interview, I went to do the interview, and they hired me two days later.They are looking for college students that are good at what they do (whether it's in finance, communication, outreach, or casework), but are also motivated by the mission statement of "alleviating human suffering" and want to make a difference in the community. If you only care about money, the Red Cross isn't the company for you.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to intern at the Red Cross?
      2) Do you have a desire to continue to volunteer with us after the internship is over?
      3) What drives you everyday at work?

1 Answer

Mobile Station Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross in October 2014.

Interview

They received my application and about a week later they had me fill out a series of essay questions to send back to them. Nearly 3 months after that, there was an hour long phone based interview. They said I would hear back within the week- I never heard from them again.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Spent most of the time asking me about very specific job requirements that weren't even on the job posting description then was told I probably wouldn't advance because I didn't have these??? If they were so critical then why aren't they on the job posting? What a waste of our time. Now I can see why they have bad employee reviews on GlassDoor. SMH

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the American Red Cross? What is your experience in this specific area of your field (that wasn't on the job posting)? What is your experience with this particular software (that wasn't on the job posting)? You probably won't advance to the next round. Bye.   Answer Question

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen and then a few days later came in for an in person meeting. The ARC has a great mission but when I met with what would have been my potential managers they seemed a little scatter brained. The first woman I met with was quick to give me all the negatives about the job and gave a bit too much information about committee group organizers and how rich and snobbish they were, which was awkward... Then I met with her manager and when we were done she came back into the room running saying "I'm on the phone with a donor, but do you have anymore questions?!". It was a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Basic walk through my resume and event experience, if I was comfortable handling many projects at once while working with many diverse personalities   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A week or so later was contacted by email to give availability for a phone screening. The recruiter set up a time for us two days later. The phone screening was a few standard questions like why I applied for this job and we talked a little about my work experience. She told me the starting pay, details about the orientation process, and basics about the job. The woman was very very nice. She then set me up for an interview for the next week with the management of the department. I also then had to fill out another application online. The face to face interview was very standard. The interviewer was very nice as well and she told me all about the job the good and bad. She had a piece of paper with a list of questions and we went throught them, very easy. I asked her a couple of questions and then she gave me a tour of the lab. She told me everything there is to know about the position and informed me of the orientation dates. All I have to do is contact the recruiter if I wanted to continue with orientation and/or if had any questions.

Interview Questions

• None. Very very basic questions. Practice and you'll be golden.   Answer Question

The facility seemed to be very organized and well managed. The pay was a little too low. Not much negotiation room. Very repetitive duties for that position. I would become bored. I want a job where I can be more creative.