American Red Cross

Relevance Date Difficulty

Communications Specialist Interview

Communications Specialist
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview Details – Phone Interview ; 1:1 interview. Regular question about yourself, experience, expectations, what would you do if...

Interview Question – What would you do to... (some internal situation I had no idea that existed inside the company and I didn't have enough information to give a good answer)...   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

QC Technician
Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview Details – Applied online. Did not hear back for a long time. Completely forgot about them then they finally emailed about an interview. Interviewed. Didn't hear back until 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Interview questions were straight forward, basic, and regular questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Union contract.

Administrative Coordinator II Interview

Administrative Coordinator II

Interviewed at American Red Cross

Interview Details – I had a phone interview for a receptionist position and I was totally thrown off because I was on speaker phone. I haven't had many phone interviews but this was defiantly my first speaker phone interview.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in November 2013.

Interview Details – I engaged in Two separate interviews and an initial session with a local recruiter. Amazing organizational representation. Each step of the hiring process was explained and the management followed through.

Interview Question – Describe why I want to be a Red Cross Instructor. I was not expecting the call and had not considered how I would answer the Question. I recommend taking a moment to consider why you are interested for working for a particular company when applying and writing it down or just becoming consciously aware of why you would like to represent the organization and be a part of their community.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A brief explanation as to what the position pays and the various benefits of being employed by the Red Cross.

Emergency Response Interview

Emergency Response
Tampa, FL

Interview Details – Received an call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Next day conducted phone interview, basic interview questions. Why would you like to work for ARC? Strengths and weaknesses, etc. After I finalized my answers the interview ended. No time to ask questions or anything. It appeared to me that recruiter had already made her mind. She never even asked if I had any comments, questions or anything. Rushed interview from her part. After a week received rejection email.

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Red Cross in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by interview with an HR Rep. They call you back within a weeks time

Interview Question – What would former co workers say about you?   Answer Question

Lead Specialist Interview

Lead Specialist

Interview Details – From applying through the Red Cross website to getting the official "Hire" letter, process took approximately 3 weeks.

Went through what I guess was a "screening" interview on the phone twice. From there had a panel interview with a few of the Red Cross staff. I was slightly surprised by this type of interview but overall found it to be beneficial. It included the people I would be reporting to as well as others from within the department that I would be working it. Finally I had a 1:1 interview with another staff member which gave me an opportunity to ask additional questions that weren't part of the formal panel interview.

The overall process was pretty relaxed. Everyone I interviewed with throughout the process seemed to be as interested in answering my questions/concerns as they were in interviewing me.

Interview Question – The questions were all very basic. They reviewed my resume and asked about further explanation of my experiences. The organization as a whole is very volunteer-focused/driven so there were quite a few questions about working with volunteers, which was a bit unexpected as I didn't come from a NPO background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a bit. When the hiring specialist says that it "really" is their last offer, they really do mean it. I was offered the base salary, asked for $4,000 more. Was given a counter offer of $1,000 more. Turned that offer down and thought that would be it. HR rep called with final offer which was a little less that I wanted but was given additional "work-life balance" perks so I took it.
That whole phase took roughly a week to get through.

Disaster Program Manager Interview

Disaster Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR scout, follow up with same scout, final with local management team

Very Easy Interview

DCA Interview

DCA
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at American Red Cross in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer was very friendly and helpful, had to complete application and a test that was not hard. Asked common sense questions and previous job questions. Easy interview, felt comfortable.

Interview Question – Wanted me to explain previous jobs experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they told you what to expect

QA Manager Interview

QA Manager

Interview Details – You apply on-line, then wait, I got a call 2 months later to schedule a group phone interview by the hiring manager. Two weeks after the phone interview, I was notified by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you disagreed with your supervisor and how did you handle that?   Answer Question