American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Volunteer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Unorganized and pathetic.. First you apply, wait for a couple months, receive a phone call from someone not even in the same state as your job. Phone interview, Interview with 2 people, then about 6 people. But it is very unprofessional... I guess that would be the first sign of a failing organization. Upper management trying to interview!!! They can't even hold on to donors....and be good to employees!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE!

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. Phone Interview with recruiter advised hiring manager will contact you. Less than a week I received confirmation of interview. Interviewed at local chapter with hiring manager. Reviewed position responsibilities. Offered information about on going projects.

Interview Questions

• Interview as any other. Reviewed responsibilities of position.   Answer Question

Transportation Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

The interview was short. However, I had to meet with the department's director (in a separate meeting). There was a four month gap between the interview and start date. The position was posted and then removed for financial reasons.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with vulnerable populations such as the elderly and special needs in intense situations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR contacted my employment references. Post-employment references, an offer was extended over the phone and a letter of employment was mailed with the start date. My first day of employment, I was badged, fingerprinted, and issued access cards.

Interview

Had a phone interview. The interview read a checklist of pre-packaged questions about whether I was willing to work flexible hours when needed. The phone interviewer didn't even ask me about myself, just recited what the Red Cross was about and asked if traveling would be a problem, etc. It took only about 5 minutes. It seemed to be more of a screening than an interview. I was then asked to fill out an online application and send it on to the actual hiring manager who will narrow down the field.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY).

Interview

- first contact was through an internship fair at my university
    - received an email from the recruiter requesting to schedule an interview
    - they did not have time to interview me until a month later so that was a bit inconvenient
    - attended the interview expecting to be talking to one person, but instead I was interviewed by a panel of 4 HR staff members
    - interview was pretty standard and they were all very kind
    - I received an email a few days later requesting a background check
    - after the background check was completed I was officially offered the position and I accepted

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very open to working with my class schedule.

Fundraising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I am a current volunteer and received word about this position from a staff member. I was told that the only reason I got a job interview (like many others) was because I was already involved with the organization. I completed the online application, and then got an unexpected call to do a phone interview late at night about a week after I submitted the application. The interview lasted for about 30 min. One week after the first interview I was asked to come in for a one on one interview.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was long, first three person panel followed with a 2 person panel and at the end an interview with VP of finance. All of the questions were very well thought and strategized.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were above average, none too unexpected or very difficult.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with simple questions, then online screening questions to assess your skills level and lastly face to face interview with 3 supervisors. Interview process was long they throw a lot of information at you so be very careful to assess if the position is the right fit.

Collections Technician II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

I applied online and within two weeks was emailed by a talent recruit for a phone interview.The phone interview was 10-15 minutes and pretty standard questions about experience and conflict resolution.A few days later I was contacted by a HR recruiter and was set up for an in person interview that lasted about 20 minutes.Was told I would find out within a week if I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used a new technical device or application that you were unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

First phone screening is from HR from headquarters (Washington, D.C.). Once you move on to the next round, you will hear from your direct manager and will have basically the same conversation as you did the first time. You then may have another phone conversation with your direct manager's manager. I didn't however, because he had already made his decision.

Interview Questions

• If you could paint a picture of yourself what would it look like? (think about your mantra on life for this question)   Answer Question