American Red Cross

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Phone Interview ; 1:1 interview. Regular question about yourself, experience, expectations, what would you do if...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to... (some internal situation I had no idea that existed inside the company and I didn't have enough information to give a good answer)...   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied online. Did not hear back for a long time. Completely forgot about them then they finally emailed about an interview. Interviewed. Didn't hear back until 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were straight forward, basic, and regular questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Union contract.

Blood Collections Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in March 2014.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What factors do you want your performance measured on?   Answer Question

Biomedical Equipment Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross in March 2014.

Hiring was as easy as click and submit resume, Interview was straight forward. typical questions nothing out of the ordinary I sat down with one person and they had a predetermined list of questions to ask. All Question were geared towards the postion and not really towards anything else.

none

Administrative Coordinator II Interview

I had a phone interview for a receptionist position and I was totally thrown off because I was on speaker phone. I haven't had many phone interviews but this was defiantly my first speaker phone interview.

Emergency Response Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Received an call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Next day conducted phone interview, basic interview questions. Why would you like to work for ARC? Strengths and weaknesses, etc. After I finalized my answers the interview ended. No time to ask questions or anything. It appeared to me that recruiter had already made her mind. She never even asked if I had any comments, questions or anything. Rushed interview from her part. After a week received rejection email.

Lead Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

From applying through the Red Cross website to getting the official "Hire" letter, process took approximately 3 weeks.

Went through what I guess was a "screening" interview on the phone twice. From there had a panel interview with a few of the Red Cross staff. I was slightly surprised by this type of interview but overall found it to be beneficial. It included the people I would be reporting to as well as others from within the department that I would be working it. Finally I had a 1:1 interview with another staff member which gave me an opportunity to ask additional questions that weren't part of the formal panel interview.

The overall process was pretty relaxed. Everyone I interviewed with throughout the process seemed to be as interested in answering my questions/concerns as they were in interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very basic. They reviewed my resume and asked about further explanation of my experiences. The organization as a whole is very volunteer-focused/driven so there were quite a few questions about working with volunteers, which was a bit unexpected as I didn't come from a NPO background.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a bit. When the hiring specialist says that it "really" is their last offer, they really do mean it. I was offered the base salary, asked for $4,000 more. Was given a counter offer of $1,000 more. Turned that offer down and thought that would be it. HR rep called with final offer which was a little less that I wanted but was given additional "work-life balance" perks so I took it.
    That whole phase took roughly a week to get through.

Regional Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at American Red Cross in February 2014.

Interviewer missed our scheduled phone interview time without emailing or calling. During the interview, it was clear that they didn't review my resume in much detail. However, the questions were standard - Why do you want to work with us, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. and conversation flowed easily. I was happy that I asked my own prepared questions in order to gather more information about the position, expectations, management structure, etc.

Telerecruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in February 2014.

Interview took 20 minutes, but I waited to be seen for an hour. The overall interview was fine, but I wished that they could have given me a definitive answer for the position that I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with people who are angry with you on the phones. There is no training for that.   Answer Question
    I was offered a full time position, but they changed it to a part-time position.

Disaster Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Phone interview with HR scout, follow up with same scout, final with local management team