American Red Cross Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

I was called about 2 weeks after online application. I had a very easy phone interview and about 4 days later I received an email for face to face interview. That interview was a little harder as they wanted exact situation answers. Interview went well. I did a call back and was told they were very impressed and I should receive a call from the recruiter by week end. No phone call, no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were given a complex task and how did you achieve it.   Answer Question

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2013.

Phone interview and 2 in person interviews. Pretty quick and easy.

None

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Had a telephone interview by a Human Resource representative. I was then given a personal interview by the director and manager of the unit that was looking to fill the position. Waited for a week before I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why you want to work for this organization and what you could do to improve their mission?   View Answers (2)

Disaster Specialist Interview

I was initially turned down through HR screening without even an interview. I was eventually offered an interview after passing my resume along to the actual hiring manager and bypassing HR. Had initial HR interview with very basic questions. Moved on to panel interview over the phone because was out-of-state.

Interview Questions
    • Challenges associated with volunteers and ways to get community involved.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

The interview process varies greatly depending on location. It can be two to five interviews based on the location and position. Very professional but lengthy.

Interview Questions
    • No really challenging questions. The process is clunky and long.   Answer Question

Collections Technician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Red Cross.

I applied online and a few weeks later I was contacted. I came in for a 1:1 interview with the Red Cross manager. The interview lasted about 30 min. Most of the questions were behavioral based but they were all very easy. A couple of weeks later, I was offered the job. Soon after, I signed an employment contract and started training.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very easy. Alot of behavioral questions. There were absolutely no curveballs   Answer Question

Senior Manager of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in July 2011.

I applied on line on the Indeed job search engine. Once I applied I received a phone call from the in-house recruiting specialist letting me know that they are interested in me and I have to meet with the hiring manager at a blood drive. I had to wait couple of days and I met with the hiring manager at a blood drive locations. At that point, the hiring manager explained to me what was expected of me and answered my questions. After the meeting I had to wait couple more days for a phone call from the recruiting specialist. Once I received the call I was informed that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at American Red Cross in October 2009.

A friend mentioned Red Cross had positions posted. I went online to their website to submit my application. About six weeks later I received a call from their recruiter who asked some preliminary screening questions. She then set up a conference call with two individuals for the interview. I heard back a week later that I would be interviewed in person. I went to their offices in DC and was interviewed by two of their managers. I was very positive and I left feeling encouraged. Two weeks later, the recruiter phoned to say I was selected and she shared salary, benefits, reporting details. All in all, a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • The msot difficult question had to do with one of their systems used for data collection. I wasn't familiary with it at all, but answered as best I could having researched the position ahead of time.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't a negotiation. They offered a salary and I accepted.

Volunteer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross.

one on one with director and peer interview

salary was too low

Collections Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at American Red Cross.

Usually have at least two interviews, sometimes three. Normally they are interviews with at least two people each time. Generally in Alabama they like you to have a phlebotomy certificate at least, but not necessarily experience because they have to teach you the Red Cross way to do everything and it's easier if they don't have to break you of lots of bad habits.

Interview Questions
    • They will tell you that this is a difficult job because of travel, hours, and stress. BELIEVE THEM!!!!!! They are NOT exaggerating!!! They will ask if you have children if you have a good support network that can take care of your children at all hours of the day and night.   View Answer
    I accepted their first offer and I should have negotiated for something higher. They will try to low ball you so start high and be willing to come down. The benefits used to make up for lower pay, but they have cut down to bad insurance so you'll need good pay to make up for what your insurance doesn't pay.