American Red Cross Interview Questions

2.7

Disaster Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in October 2013.

30 min phone interview. 1:2 in person interview. Directors were nice, seemed like a great place to work

Interview Questions
    • Explain your program management experience.
      Do you have experience with Adobe
        Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

I was called about 2 weeks after online application. I had a very easy phone interview and about 4 days later I received an email for face to face interview. That interview was a little harder as they wanted exact situation answers. Interview went well. I did a call back and was told they were very impressed and I should receive a call from the recruiter by week end. No phone call, no offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were given a complex task and how did you achieve it.   Answer Question

Volunteer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

one on one with director and peer interview

salary was too low

Collections Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Usually have at least two interviews, sometimes three. Normally they are interviews with at least two people each time. Generally in Alabama they like you to have a phlebotomy certificate at least, but not necessarily experience because they have to teach you the Red Cross way to do everything and it's easier if they don't have to break you of lots of bad habits.

Interview Questions
    • They will tell you that this is a difficult job because of travel, hours, and stress. BELIEVE THEM!!!!!! They are NOT exaggerating!!! They will ask if you have children if you have a good support network that can take care of your children at all hours of the day and night.   View Answer
    I accepted their first offer and I should have negotiated for something higher. They will try to low ball you so start high and be willing to come down. The benefits used to make up for lower pay, but they have cut down to bad insurance so you'll need good pay to make up for what your insurance doesn't pay.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

Simple hiring process - no cover letter needed, just a resume submitted via the website. Interviews were only one round - straight forward.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

After submitting my application for this position in NYC office, I got a phone call to schedule an interview. I was a little surprised when I met 6 people waiting in a meeting room to interview me. In general, they were very nice. I have a feeling that interviewers of NGOs are more friendly than those in other sectors.

Youth Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied online. Got a call to set up a phone interview.
    I thought I did horribly on the phone interview so I did not expect a call for an in-person interview, but I did!
    The second interview went really well, but I guess I was wrong because I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember, since this interview was several months ago, but a lot of the questions during the phone interview were pretty hard to answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

on site interview

Blood Donor Recruitment Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Online application, written interview via email, phone interview, follow-up phone interview and then face to face

Interview Questions
    • Give 3 examples of proven sales success and initiative   Answer Question

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Getting the run around! Application process goes like this: Create profile, apply, wait, answer questionnaire, wait, get phone interview, be told to expect in person interview, wait, wait, wait, get canned denial email.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy at all. Know what they are looking for by reading the job description and be prepared to tell them how you can achieve those goals.   Answer Question