American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.6

Collections Technician II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2014.

Hiring was inconsiderate they called me on a Friday at 4:45PM and wanted me to show up for training on Monday morning at 8:00AM. Unfortunately I was still employed and found it necessary to give my current employer a two week notice. Interview was typical nothing outrageous.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in April 2014.

I had an in person interview almost immediately. The person interviewing was very friendly and asked a lot of questions, but they were straight off of a list. She didn't ask anything personal, I had to take the opportunity to make personal plugs when I could and how my skills related to the job description.

Interview Questions
    • They were all very situational - tell me a time when you had to do this, this, etc.   Answer Question

Disaster Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Phone interview with talent acquisition manager. The interview was standard. Why did you apply for this position? Tell me the three main tasks in your current job? The interviewer was nice and very polite.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied and was called in the next couple days by talent recruiter. Went in for an interview and was called back for another interview and asked to attend a blood drive to shadow another manager. Was offered the job less than two weeks from application date. Tried to negotiate salary but was not offered any additional money.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty straightforward formal questions but expect a lot of them!   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Phone Interview ; 1:1 interview. Regular question about yourself, experience, expectations, what would you do if...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to... (some internal situation I had no idea that existed inside the company and I didn't have enough information to give a good answer)...   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied online. Did not hear back for a long time. Completely forgot about them then they finally emailed about an interview. Interviewed. Didn't hear back until 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were straight forward, basic, and regular questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Union contract.

Blood Collections Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in March 2014.

Phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What factors do you want your performance measured on?   Answer Question

Biomedical Equipment Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Red Cross in March 2014.

Hiring was as easy as click and submit resume, Interview was straight forward. typical questions nothing out of the ordinary I sat down with one person and they had a predetermined list of questions to ask. All Question were geared towards the postion and not really towards anything else.

none

Administrative Coordinator II Interview

I had a phone interview for a receptionist position and I was totally thrown off because I was on speaker phone. I haven't had many phone interviews but this was defiantly my first speaker phone interview.

Emergency Response Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Received an call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Next day conducted phone interview, basic interview questions. Why would you like to work for ARC? Strengths and weaknesses, etc. After I finalized my answers the interview ended. No time to ask questions or anything. It appeared to me that recruiter had already made her mind. She never even asked if I had any comments, questions or anything. Rushed interview from her part. After a week received rejection email.