American Red Cross

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Major Gifts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross.

Applied for the job online.
Two weeks later, received an email to schedule a phone interview.
The phone interview was very dry and included only experience related questions. If you are relying heavily on your good personality to dazzle during an interview, this one will prove difficult for you.
More than two weeks later, I received an email requesting a face-to-face interview for the following day.
I met with two employees, both of which were very friendly. The second interview was more about getting to know my personality rather than my experience. the second interview also had more information about the position.
I received a phone call two weeks after this interview with an offer from the company. Until the offer, the salary for the position was not made available to me.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult, but I cannot express how very impersonal the phone interview was. Don't feel discouraged if you don't feel you had chemistry with your interviewer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Major Gifts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Red Cross in March 2011.

Place ads online and in newspapers. Initials phone interview and then at least two in person interviews. Depending on position also with volunteers and board members. Depends on who you speak to as to what they are interested in. Fundraisiers want to know that you can bring in big gifts. Volunteers and board members want to know you will respect their territory and the local flavor of the chapter/area.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating. Salary offered, take it or leave it.