American Red Cross Manufacturing Technician I Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

They were very quick to get to my online application and requested a phone screen in the same week. The phone screening itself felt very scripted but I was able to get a lot of information asking questions towards the end. I was unable to proceed because I could not commit for a year.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Manufacturing Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A week or so later was contacted by email to give availability for a phone screening. The recruiter set up a time for us two days later. The phone screening was a few standard questions like why I applied for this job and we talked a little about my work experience. She told me the starting pay, details about the orientation process, and basics about the job. The woman was very very nice. She then set me up for an interview for the next week with the management of the department. I also then had to fill out another application online. The face to face interview was very standard. The interviewer was very nice as well and she told me all about the job the good and bad. She had a piece of paper with a list of questions and we went throught them, very easy. I asked her a couple of questions and then she gave me a tour of the lab. She told me everything there is to know about the position and informed me of the orientation dates. All I have to do is contact the recruiter if I wanted to continue with orientation and/or if had any questions.

Interview Questions

• None. Very very basic questions. Practice and you'll be golden.   Answer Question

The facility seemed to be very organized and well managed. The pay was a little too low. Not much negotiation room. Very repetitive duties for that position. I would become bored. I want a job where I can be more creative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Red Cross (Durham, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied for the Manufacturing Technician position online at the Red Cross career page. I was notified, one week later, for an interview at the facility. I was interviewed by two people, the manager of operations and a shift supervisor. I was asked general questions such as: Tell about yourself, Do you work well in groups? Why should I hire you? What are your experiences and skills? And many other behavioral questions. For this position, they were looking for a team player who can follow instructions and handle stressful situations. Then I was asked if I had any questions. This part of the interview is CRITICAL. I asked many questions relating to job. Technical questions and questions about the staff were thoroughly discussed and answered by the interviewers. Then I was given a tour of the manufacturing department in which I asked relevant questions about the process and products. One week after the interview, I was given an offer for the position - which I gladly accepted. I then was given forms to complete, background checks, drug testing material to prepare myself. One week after the offer, I was scheduled for the new employee orientation which lasts a week from 8am-5pm. It took me one month from applying to getting a job at the American Red Cross as a manufacturing technician.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions, just how you answered and related your skills and experience to the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. But the position is entry level without a college degree,