American Red Cross Program Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2014.

I had an in person interview almost immediately. The person interviewing was very friendly and asked a lot of questions, but they were straight off of a list. She didn't ask anything personal, I had to take the opportunity to make personal plugs when I could and how my skills related to the job description.

Interview Questions
  • They were all very situational - tell me a time when you had to do this, this, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2009.

Interview was stanard panel interview. Usual "how do you handle", "goals" how do you describe yourself" questions. Took 4-5 weeks after interview until offer given.

Interview Questions
    • "list your weaknessess"... always difficult to answer....   Answer Question
    No negociating. Pay and benifits are set - take it or leave it.

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Red Cross.

After applying I was asked to do a phone interview. I was on speaker phone with three people from different levels of the organization and it was extremely hard to hear and more difficult not knowing who was asking the question. Despite this I thought the interview went well. The job was posted for several regions and despite my having more experience in one region, I was never told which I was being considered for, at one point I was even asked if I had a preference and why, but representatives from several regions were in on the interview.
    I was surprised to get a phone call one morning at 7am (I lived in another state and different time zone than DC) telling me they wanted to do a Skype interview that afternoon. That seemed like very short notice to be able to block out an hour that afternoon and the woman on the phone was quite brisk with me. I made arrangements and did the interview via skype. Mostly I thought it went well, but again it was with three different people all from different regions and I was asked questions from all of them relating to all the regions, that seem very strange to me especially during a second interview. It felt like they really did not know and were still trying to figure it out, this made the interview seem unfocused.
    After the Skype interview, the communication stopped completely. I had the number of the hiring manager who had communicated with me for the interviews, I called once, just to check on the status of the job and I was not put through. I never received any notification, not even an email to inform me the job had been filled. I know more companies are doing this, but it seems unprofessional especially after two interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked, even in the second interview, if I had a regional preference.   Answer Question

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!