American Red Cross Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Spent most of the time asking me about very specific job requirements that weren't even on the job posting description then was told I probably wouldn't advance because I didn't have these??? If they were so critical then why aren't they on the job posting? What a waste of our time. Now I can see why they have bad employee reviews on GlassDoor. SMH

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the American Red Cross? What is your experience in this specific area of your field (that wasn't on the job posting)? What is your experience with this particular software (that wasn't on the job posting)? You probably won't advance to the next round. Bye.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the senior analyst and the current financial analyst whose role I would be taking over (She was leaving for personal reasons). Very corporate vibe considering it is a non profit organization. Asked mostly behavioral questions such as 1. What stresses you out the most? 2. Explain a time when you have had to resolve a conflict with an employee 3. Talk about a time when you have had to deal with a difficult client who has been non responsive etc I hear they take a long time setting up the interviews as well as getting back to you after. I think the overall interview experience was great! My application was eventually rejected due to their competitive candidate pool. I am going to keep in contact with the employees, and keep applying for other positions within Red Cross.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in March 2008.

Interview

Very friendly interview process...hr department was easy to navigate and ameniable to negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

I was very happy with the interview process for the American Red Cross. I was interviewed over the phone as well as in person for a position. The interviewers were fair, open and friendly. Though the questions seemed simple, I realized that they were fishing for very specific experience and knowledge. I recommend complete honesty and straightforwardness (while maintaining professionalism, obviously) because I truly believe that they will offer you the position if you are a good fit and if not, they know that you would not be content in the position.

Interview Questions

• How does HIV/AIDS fit into water and sanitation issues?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

First step was a phone interview which was about 30 minutes. I was then asked to come back in and spend a few hours meeting various members of the staff. No-one asked me overly difficult questions and everyone seemed fairly nice - although the team seemed a little disjointed. It wasn't overly clear where this particular role fit into the larger picture and the team seemed to be rather top heavy. There was one person I interviewed with who was very energetic and positive - the others didn't leave much of an impression on me.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

applied on redcross website.i heard about the position from a friend who works at American redcross and he referred me for the position. after a week of application i got a call from HR, asking very basic questions about education, location and availability. I was scheduled for interview at the HQ office. it was panel interview. i was interview by Sr.Director,PM and Team Lead. all had there set of questions and they took rounds. it was basically interview based on my resume, and the position i had applied to. the interview lasted for about an hour i heard back in a week;s time. Team lead called and said that HR will call me back to complete the process HR called for background check. salary negotiation followed successful background check and offer letter arrived in 4 weeks time

Negotiation

they will negotiate from the input you have given while completing the application process. so its better to give a little more because they do try and match it with industry standards.

Disaster Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied through the Red Cross career website. Was contacted about a week later to set up an in person interview. The interview was pretty basic, the typical job interview questions were asked, nothing really unexpected. Received an offer a week later.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online via the Red Cross website in July 2014. Received an email around Labor Day from HR requesting an interview by phone. Spoke on the phone to the HR contact for approximately 30 minutes (more so about the organization with few details about the position) One week later, I received a call from a separate HR person asking to schedule a phone interview with the department head. Spoke to the department head for half an hour. This was followed by a call back from the same HR person who then scheduled for me to come into their office for an interview with the department head (and her underlings). By now, it is the third week of September. I received a detailed email from Red Cross HR with directions to their office, and format for the meeting (was to meet 1 on 1 with 4 people, in a certain order) Included with the mail was a PDF detailing employee benefits. On the day of the face to face interview, I got to their office early, and waited nearly a half hour past the scheduled interview start time for someone to come down and retrieve me from the security office. Instead of meeting 1 on 1 with the team, as expected, I met with three people at once (likely due to our not starting on time) followed by a 1 on 1 meeting with the department head, who I previously spoke with on the phone. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would find out the following week if they would make an offer, or not. Two weeks later, I received an email from their HR department stating that an offer was not going to be made (first week of October) Everyone I met/spoke with was pleasant, friendly and dedicated to their work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple hiring process - no cover letter needed, just a resume submitted via the website. Interviews were only one round - straight forward.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was only two weeks. The longest time is getting contacted. I applied in October. In December, someone I knew passed along the same resume directly to the hiring manager. I was contacted shortly afterwards. I met with the hiring manager and then several others on the team all on the same day. The interview was average, and I thought the group was friendly.