American Red Cross

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the senior analyst and the current financial analyst whose role I would be taking over (She was leaving for personal reasons).
Very corporate vibe considering it is a non profit organization. Asked mostly behavioral questions such as
1. What stresses you out the most?
2. Explain a time when you have had to resolve a conflict with an employee
3. Talk about a time when you have had to deal with a difficult client who has been non responsive etc

I hear they take a long time setting up the interviews as well as getting back to you after. I think the overall interview experience was great! My application was eventually rejected due to their competitive candidate pool. I am going to keep in contact with the employees, and keep applying for other positions within Red Cross.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Washington, DC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in October 2011.

Interview Details – applied on redcross website.i heard about the position from a friend who works at American redcross and he referred me for the position.
after a week of application i got a call from HR, asking very basic questions about education, location and availability. I was scheduled for interview at the HQ office. it was panel interview. i was interview by Sr.Director,PM and Team Lead. all had there set of questions and they took rounds.
it was basically interview based on my resume, and the position i had applied to. the interview lasted for about an hour
i heard back in a week;s time. Team lead called and said that HR will call me back to complete the process
HR called for background check.
salary negotiation followed successful background check and offer letter arrived in 4 weeks time

Negotiation Details – they will negotiate from the input you have given while completing the application process. so its better to give a little more because they do try and match it with industry standards.

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2008.

Interview Details – Very friendly interview process...hr department was easy to navigate and ameniable to negotiation.

Interview Question – What is your experience interacting with donors?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Washington, DC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was very happy with the interview process for the American Red Cross. I was interviewed over the phone as well as in person for a position. The interviewers were fair, open and friendly. Though the questions seemed simple, I realized that they were fishing for very specific experience and knowledge. I recommend complete honesty and straightforwardness (while maintaining professionalism, obviously) because I truly believe that they will offer you the position if you are a good fit and if not, they know that you would not be content in the position.

Interview Question – How does HIV/AIDS fit into water and sanitation issues?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Red Cross in September 2013.

Interview Details – Simple hiring process - no cover letter needed, just a resume submitted via the website. Interviews were only one round - straight forward.

Interview Question – Only the standard interview questions - no surprises.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2011.

Interview Details – First step was a phone interview which was about 30 minutes. I was then asked to come back in and spend a few hours meeting various members of the staff. No-one asked me overly difficult questions and everyone seemed fairly nice - although the team seemed a little disjointed. It wasn't overly clear where this particular role fit into the larger picture and the team seemed to be rather top heavy. There was one person I interviewed with who was very energetic and positive - the others didn't leave much of an impression on me.

Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at American Red Cross in October 2009.

Interview Details – A friend mentioned Red Cross had positions posted. I went online to their website to submit my application. About six weeks later I received a call from their recruiter who asked some preliminary screening questions. She then set up a conference call with two individuals for the interview. I heard back a week later that I would be interviewed in person. I went to their offices in DC and was interviewed by two of their managers. I was very positive and I left feeling encouraged. Two weeks later, the recruiter phoned to say I was selected and she shared salary, benefits, reporting details. All in all, a great experience.

Interview Question – The msot difficult question had to do with one of their systems used for data collection. I wasn't familiary with it at all, but answered as best I could having researched the position ahead of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't a negotiation. They offered a salary and I accepted.

Disaster Services Intern Interview

Disaster Services Intern
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through the Red Cross career website. Was contacted about a week later to set up an in person interview. The interview was pretty basic, the typical job interview questions were asked, nothing really unexpected. Received an offer a week later.

Interview Question – What 3 words best describe you?   Answer Question

Executive Director- Sales Interview

Executive Director- Sales
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at American Red Cross in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied and within 2 weeks I was e-mailed for a phone interview. After the interview I was told I would receive a email with a link to complete my application. Then was told in perxson interviews would take place in 2 weeks. After three weeks I had not heard anything so I emailed the HR person I was cooresponding with. She said it was taking longer than she had anticipated. 2 months later, I emailed again. The HR person apologized and said they were still working out the details. Another month went by and still working out the details. After 4 months they notified me that the position is cancelled.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. But it was hard to tell if I was responding in the right way.   Answer Question

Intern to the Chief Executive Officer Interview

Intern to the Chief Executive Officer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2008.

Interview Details – 45 minute phone interview with a college recruiter who received my application/resume that I submitted online. Questions were qualitative and involved giving examples of situations where you solved a problem or handled a difficult situation. Behavioral interview. I kept in touch via email after the interview and was accepted about a month later.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to work in a team and a difficult personality endangered the group's results. What did you do?   Answer Question

Worked for American Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!