American Red Cross

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2011.

Interview Details – First step was a phone interview which was about 30 minutes. I was then asked to come back in and spend a few hours meeting various members of the staff. No-one asked me overly difficult questions and everyone seemed fairly nice - although the team seemed a little disjointed. It wasn't overly clear where this particular role fit into the larger picture and the team seemed to be rather top heavy. There was one person I interviewed with who was very energetic and positive - the others didn't leave much of an impression on me.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern
Washington, DC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was very happy with the interview process for the American Red Cross. I was interviewed over the phone as well as in person for a position. The interviewers were fair, open and friendly. Though the questions seemed simple, I realized that they were fishing for very specific experience and knowledge. I recommend complete honesty and straightforwardness (while maintaining professionalism, obviously) because I truly believe that they will offer you the position if you are a good fit and if not, they know that you would not be content in the position.

Interview Question – How does HIV/AIDS fit into water and sanitation issues?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the senior analyst and the current financial analyst whose role I would be taking over (She was leaving for personal reasons).
Very corporate vibe considering it is a non profit organization. Asked mostly behavioral questions such as
1. What stresses you out the most?
2. Explain a time when you have had to resolve a conflict with an employee
3. Talk about a time when you have had to deal with a difficult client who has been non responsive etc

I hear they take a long time setting up the interviews as well as getting back to you after. I think the overall interview experience was great! My application was eventually rejected due to their competitive candidate pool. I am going to keep in contact with the employees, and keep applying for other positions within Red Cross.

Interview Questions

Intern to the Chief Executive Officer Interview

Intern to the Chief Executive Officer
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in April 2008.

Interview Details – 45 minute phone interview with a college recruiter who received my application/resume that I submitted online. Questions were qualitative and involved giving examples of situations where you solved a problem or handled a difficult situation. Behavioral interview. I kept in touch via email after the interview and was accepted about a month later.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to work in a team and a difficult personality endangered the group's results. What did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2008.

Interview Details – Very friendly interview process...hr department was easy to navigate and ameniable to negotiation.

Interview Question – What is your experience interacting with donors?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Red Cross in July 2009.

Interview Details – This interview ran very smoothly. It was a run of the mill behavioral interview.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions asked. They were the normal questions.   View Answer