American Specialty Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

IA/User Experience Designer Interview

IA/User Experience Designer
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Specialty Health in June 2014.

Interview Details – A recruiter reached out to me about this position and I set up a phone interview with the hiring manager through them.

I didn't get a call at the pre agreed upon time and waited 20 min before I contacted the recruiter in case the interviewer was running late. Turns out they didn't have my correct phone number so we had to reschedule. The rescheduled interview was set-up last minute, but that was fine because I thought I was prepared. I was expecting a behavioral interview based on what the recruiter prepped me for and got a very technical interview instead.

The interview consisted of the interviewer asking a series of closed-ended questions to verify my experience in certain areas. Which I could have easily answered yes or no, but tried to explain how I did or why I didn't have that experience. After the interviewer went through the laundry list of skill qualification questions they then proceeded to ask me questions that sounded like they came from a final exam. I was completely surprised by this. Maybe they were trying to figure out how I handled a situation like that. I answered the questions as best as I could recall such technical terms, talked aloud through my thinking process and was honest when I didn't know the answer. In the end it didn't cut it and was notified by the recruiter they were moving ahead with other candidates. I've never had an interview like this for this type of position so I'm not totally sure how I feel about it.

Interview Questions

• What would you put in meta navigation for an e-commerce site?   View Answer
  • Describe the difference between top-down design and bottom-up design.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Specialty Health in April 2014.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. The recruiter didn't indicate how much time she had for the interview until she was late for her next appointment, so we had to rush through the end. She also couldn't answer basic questions about the company and the position.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent I Interview

Customer Service Agent I
Southlake, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Specialty Health in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was in and out in about an hour and a half. I came in 30 minutes early and had to fill out a sheet of paper with basic screening questions (customer service experience, computer application knowledge, etc.).

We were seated in the lobby as we waited. The people in charge of the event seemed very friendly but still really professional. Most of the employees that walked through to their departments were dressed business casual and some even just plain casual, in my opinion.

A few minutes later, I was called back for the first interview. The woman told me that I did a great job and to go have a seat in the lobby to wait for the manager for my second interview. Minutes later, I was called back for the second interview after which, he told me to fill out the background check information to give to the front desk/managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your customer service experience.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you handled an unruly customer. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Health Coach I Interview

Health Coach I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Specialty Health.

Interview Details – Pannel interview with supervisor and Senior manager

Interview Question – Role playing a call to see how you would respond   Answer Question

Nurse Coach Interview

Nurse Coach

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Specialty Health in March 2014.

Interview Details – Total of 5 interviews... First with HR over the phone followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Once these are completed and successful they schedule for an onsite interview once more with the same people. This interview lasts one and a half hours. It is an intense interview process with nonstop regurgitation of questions. Once this is completed it is followed by yet another phone interview.

Interview Question – They give you a scenario where you must role play a case.   Answer Question

Health Coach Interview

Health Coach
Carmel, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Specialty Health in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job through indeed.com, then shortly after I was contacted via phone, asked a short amount of questions, and then offered an interview four days later.

At the interview I first met with the HR rep, he then lobbed some basic interview questions at me such as...

-How I achieved my professional goals
-Describe a time when a manager was not on duty and you had to handle a situation
-When you went above and beyond a customers expectations
-Why are you an ideal canidiate?

This process roughly took 15 minutes

Then I met with two other guys from the San Diego, CA branch. One I believe was a supervisor, and the other a director (not 100% certain on titles). They were both very nice, they asked me roughly 30-45 minutes of questions, two of which included role play telephone coaching.

Of the role play telephone coaching questions, I remember two different scenarios.

1) Guy is real busy at work, hasn't been able to meet his walking goal
2) Guy is completely unmotivated to do ANYTHING.

Afterwards I asked them a couple questions about the job, and we then met with the HR guy, and he said he would let me know in a week.

Interview Question – To be honest, I don't remember too many of their questions as I was very focused on each one separately. I know they asked a lot about my work experiences, dealing with customers being happy, and how you dealt with not meeting a particular goal. Also, who are the type of people you look up to.   Answer Question

PROVIDER Services Interview

PROVIDER Services

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at American Specialty Health.

Interview Details – It was pretty quick. One phone interview and one in person interview

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Multimedia Designer Interview

Multimedia Designer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Specialty Health in December 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process took about 2 months from application to start date. I did a phone interview with the recruiter who asked me basic technical questions, then one with the manager a little more in-depth with technical questions. Once I got the in person interview, you meet with the recruiter first for about 45 min, where he asks A LOT of personality questions. Nothing technical at all. Strictly personality. Then he walked me to meet the manager for the position, who didn't ask much. Drug test is mandatory. Background check is extensive, so don't about your work history!

Interview Question – For the phone interviews, practice technical jargon. For the in person interview, be VERY prepared to bring up experiences from the past where you took leadership roles, went above and beyond, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate, pay was more than last job.

Management Interview

Management
Southlake, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Specialty Health.

Interview Details – First visit interview with a person from out of town. Second interview with HR and with another leader from out of town. Asked to give a salary range, and they would not. Third interview with team, and still can not get a salary range for the position. Wanted me to come for a fourth interview, and by this time I have been "over interviewed" and have no interest because they would not release the salary information.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult. All were fair and straight forward questions. I do believe turnover and employee morale were struggles, as many questions surrounded these topics.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Southlake, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Specialty Health.

Interview Details – Attended a career fair on site; they were performing on the spot interviews. Interviewed with upper management for the first interview after which I was asked to have a seat and interview with someone in HR. I interviewed on a Wednesday and heard back from the HR department by Tuesday of the following week. They have an extensive background check process which I'm still completing including verifying employment and references.

Interview Question – Can you give us an example of a time when your manager or supervisor was wrong and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for American Specialty Health? Contribute to the Community!