American Specialty Health

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Specialty Health in September 2014.

I applied through craigslist. The job was posted by a temp company. I applied n 1 hour later the recruiter called and set me up for an interview the next morning. The interview was with the HR and then a seconded one followed with the department manager. After the interview they contacted my recruiter and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when u went above n beyond.
      Tell me when u got into an disagreement with an coworker. How did u handle it.
        Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. I took it 11 hr and benefits

IA/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health in June 2014.

A recruiter reached out to me about this position and I set up a phone interview with the hiring manager through them.

I didn't get a call at the pre agreed upon time and waited 20 min before I contacted the recruiter in case the interviewer was running late. Turns out they didn't have my correct phone number so we had to reschedule. The rescheduled interview was set-up last minute, but that was fine because I thought I was prepared. I was expecting a behavioral interview based on what the recruiter prepped me for and got a very technical interview instead.

The interview consisted of the interviewer asking a series of closed-ended questions to verify my experience in certain areas. Which I could have easily answered yes or no, but tried to explain how I did or why I didn't have that experience. After the interviewer went through the laundry list of skill qualification questions they then proceeded to ask me questions that sounded like they came from a final exam. I was completely surprised by this. Maybe they were trying to figure out how I handled a situation like that. I answered the questions as best as I could recall such technical terms, talked aloud through my thinking process and was honest when I didn't know the answer. In the end it didn't cut it and was notified by the recruiter they were moving ahead with other candidates. I've never had an interview like this for this type of position so I'm not totally sure how I feel about it.

Interview Questions
    • What would you put in meta navigation for an e-commerce site?   View Answer
    • Describe the difference between top-down design and bottom-up design.   Answer Question

Health Coach I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health.

Pannel interview with supervisor and Senior manager

Customer Service Agent I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health in May 2014.

I was in and out in about an hour and a half. I came in 30 minutes early and had to fill out a sheet of paper with basic screening questions (customer service experience, computer application knowledge, etc.).

We were seated in the lobby as we waited. The people in charge of the event seemed very friendly but still really professional. Most of the employees that walked through to their departments were dressed business casual and some even just plain casual, in my opinion.

A few minutes later, I was called back for the first interview. The woman told me that I did a great job and to go have a seat in the lobby to wait for the manager for my second interview. Minutes later, I was called back for the second interview after which, he told me to fill out the background check information to give to the front desk/managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you handled an unruly customer. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Specialty Health in April 2014.

Had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. The recruiter didn't indicate how much time she had for the interview until she was late for her next appointment, so we had to rush through the end. She also couldn't answer basic questions about the company and the position.

Nurse Coach Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health in March 2014.

Total of 5 interviews... First with HR over the phone followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Once these are completed and successful they schedule for an onsite interview once more with the same people. This interview lasts one and a half hours. It is an intense interview process with nonstop regurgitation of questions. Once this is completed it is followed by yet another phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a scenario where you must role play a case.   Answer Question

Associate Programmer/Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Specialty Health in November 2013.

Hiring process was very lengthy and took an extremely long time to complete and actually be hired. Better communication on where potential employees stand in the process is crucial. I had to consistently check in to see where I stood and there were only one or two updates. I ended up having to show some of my work in order to finally get the job.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiate and would recommend that others at least try to negotiate if the pay rate is close to what you want.

Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Specialty Health in October 2013.

I applied for the job through indeed.com, then shortly after I was contacted via phone, asked a short amount of questions, and then offered an interview four days later.

At the interview I first met with the HR rep, he then lobbed some basic interview questions at me such as...

-How I achieved my professional goals
    -Describe a time when a manager was not on duty and you had to handle a situation
    -When you went above and beyond a customers expectations
    -Why are you an ideal canidiate?

This process roughly took 15 minutes

Then I met with two other guys from the San Diego, CA branch. One I believe was a supervisor, and the other a director (not 100% certain on titles). They were both very nice, they asked me roughly 30-45 minutes of questions, two of which included role play telephone coaching.

Of the role play telephone coaching questions, I remember two different scenarios.

1) Guy is real busy at work, hasn't been able to meet his walking goal
    2) Guy is completely unmotivated to do ANYTHING.

Afterwards I asked them a couple questions about the job, and we then met with the HR guy, and he said he would let me know in a week.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, I don't remember too many of their questions as I was very focused on each one separately. I know they asked a lot about my work experiences, dealing with customers being happy, and how you dealt with not meeting a particular goal. Also, who are the type of people you look up to.   Answer Question

PROVIDER Services Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Specialty Health.

It was pretty quick. One phone interview and one in person interview

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health.

First visit interview with a person from out of town. Second interview with HR and with another leader from out of town. Asked to give a salary range, and they would not. Third interview with team, and still can not get a salary range for the position. Wanted me to come for a fourth interview, and by this time I have been "over interviewed" and have no interest because they would not release the salary information.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. All were fair and straight forward questions. I do believe turnover and employee morale were struggles, as many questions surrounded these topics.   Answer Question