American Specialty Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.6

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at American Specialty Health.

Interview

department managers followed by traditional HR interview. One on one phone interview followed by on site discussions. Department head interviews also dependent upon responsibilities of the role . Surprised by traditional HR questions. Focused on culture team.

Interview Questions

• many " name a time when you...experienced a failure..were a team player...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health (Carmel, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I responded to email inquiries. I attended a job fair/open house event. There was a typing test. After the interview I followed with a thank you letter.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the last situation where in a customer requested to speak with a manager and one was not available.   1 Answer

Research Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed with HR 2 days later. 2 weeks later phone interview with hiring manager. Another 2 weeks later had in person interview. 1st part is 30 min general questions with HR. 2nd part was 1 1/2 hour panel interview with hiring manager and team. Starts off organic but had 3-4 page list of questions they had to complete. Ends with 25 min assessment that you take in front of team projected on screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you failed in a task at your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Went to career fair, called back another day and interviewed with HR and the Department Manager. Many people as career fair, I left and was called back later in the week. Spoke with HR, had to take skills test online. Background check is extensive, had to provide W2s for all last employers. It is a huge, long process for $12.55/HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at American Specialty Health (Southlake, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through craigslist. The job was posted by a temp company. I applied n 1 hour later the recruiter called and set me up for an interview the next morning. The interview was with the HR and then a seconded one followed with the department manager. After the interview they contacted my recruiter and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when u went above n beyond.
      Tell me when u got into an disagreement with an coworker. How did u handle it.

Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I took it 11 hr and benefits

IA/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about this position and I set up a phone interview with the hiring manager through them.

I didn't get a call at the pre agreed upon time and waited 20 min before I contacted the recruiter in case the interviewer was running late. Turns out they didn't have my correct phone number so we had to reschedule. The rescheduled interview was set-up last minute, but that was fine because I thought I was prepared. I was expecting a behavioral interview based on what the recruiter prepped me for and got a very technical interview instead.

The interview consisted of the interviewer asking a series of closed-ended questions to verify my experience in certain areas. Which I could have easily answered yes or no, but tried to explain how I did or why I didn't have that experience. After the interviewer went through the laundry list of skill qualification questions they then proceeded to ask me questions that sounded like they came from a final exam. I was completely surprised by this. Maybe they were trying to figure out how I handled a situation like that. I answered the questions as best as I could recall such technical terms, talked aloud through my thinking process and was honest when I didn't know the answer. In the end it didn't cut it and was notified by the recruiter they were moving ahead with other candidates. I've never had an interview like this for this type of position so I'm not totally sure how I feel about it.

Interview Questions

• What would you put in meta navigation for an e-commerce site?   1 Answer
    • Describe the difference between top-down design and bottom-up design.   Answer Question

Health Coach I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health.

Interview

Pannel interview with supervisor and Senior manager

Customer Service Agent I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health (Southlake, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I was in and out in about an hour and a half. I came in 30 minutes early and had to fill out a sheet of paper with basic screening questions (customer service experience, computer application knowledge, etc.).

We were seated in the lobby as we waited. The people in charge of the event seemed very friendly but still really professional. Most of the employees that walked through to their departments were dressed business casual and some even just plain casual, in my opinion.

A few minutes later, I was called back for the first interview. The woman told me that I did a great job and to go have a seat in the lobby to wait for the manager for my second interview. Minutes later, I was called back for the second interview after which, he told me to fill out the background check information to give to the front desk/managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you handled an unruly customer. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Specialty Health (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with an internal recruiter. The recruiter didn't indicate how much time she had for the interview until she was late for her next appointment, so we had to rush through the end. She also couldn't answer basic questions about the company and the position.

Nurse Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Specialty Health in March 2014.

Interview

Total of 5 interviews... First with HR over the phone followed by phone interview with hiring manager. Once these are completed and successful they schedule for an onsite interview once more with the same people. This interview lasts one and a half hours. It is an intense interview process with nonstop regurgitation of questions. Once this is completed it is followed by yet another phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They give you a scenario where you must role play a case.   Answer Question