American Standard Brands

American Standard Brands Interview Questions

2.0

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Standard Brands (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with "contract" hiring agency, phone screen with hiring manager, face-to-face interview with hiring manager. This process took over 3 months - including long breaks in communication (when I thought I wasn't being considered any longer). The final determination came after emailing and calling the hiring agency recruiter to ask about the status - she must have felt sorry for me. She called me back and told me 'another candidate was selected.'

Interview Questions

• Are you married? Do you have any kids? Who does your spouse work for? What does your spouse do there? No kidding.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at American Standard Brands (Mansfield, OH).

Interview

Start out as a temp through Spherion Staffing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating!

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nevada, MO

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Standard Brands (Nevada, MO) in December 2008.

Interview

I contacted American Standard in September 2008 to see if any administrative positions were open at that time. I was told that two positions may open up near the end of the year, so I took my resume to them the next day. I checked back a couple of time over the next few weeks and was told nothing was available yet. The middle of December I received a phone call from the office manager that a position was being created for shipping clerk and was I interested. I aggreed to an interview which I would be contacted with details later in the week. The next week the interview was set up. I arrived at American Standard and was directed to Human Resources where I was interviewed by the Human Resource Manager and the Office Manager. I felt it went well and left. I was called the next week by Human Resources and was offered the position and was briefly filled in on wages and benefits. I scheduled a day the following week to get paperwork to fill out and was directed to access website to fill out paperwork and agree to drug testing and backround checks. Everything went smoothly until they tried to verify with Technical School I had attended 25 years ago, they were on Christmas break and could not be reached, although all other informantion had been verified, this glich made the starting date over a month after my interview, which ultimately led to my lay off as they let the person last hired go. This is the reason I am hunting for a new job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at American Standard Brands in June 2009.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Then I had a scheduled interview the following week where I met 4 people from the team. It was a very relaxed interview and the team was great. They wanted to know about my skills and what I could bring to the table.