American Student Assistance Regulatory Advisor Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Regulatory Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Student Assistance in August 2012.

Both the hiring manager and HR was involved. It took a while, but we finally got an interview date set up. First, I went to meet with the HR rep. She was friendly and outgoing but also had a list of questions. I felt it was a bit too structured. Afterwards, she walked me up to the manager's office. She was quite cold at first and rattled off questions with speed. Finally, she began to tone it down and we could have more of a conversation.

The oddest part of it all was when the manager assigned me "homework." I completed the task as asked, then got a call from HR in about a week. They said they loved the work I turned in and I interviewed well, but they are going to continue their search.

Apparently, the manager did not have a JD. When she found out that I did, she immediately did not want me in position. It is unfortunate that she felt so threatened by a piece of paper.

Interview Questions