American Sugar Refining

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Sugar Refining.

Interview Details – Applied online, then received request of phone interview with corporate recruiter. From there, was invited to campus for an in-person interview. It was a small scale innovation center and the atmosphere was welcoming. I spoke with the team I would work with of about 3 people and the head of the department. It was a little nerve-racking since I had to speak with so many people including the head of the department. I was there for about 2.5 hours. It was clear that they wanted to have someone who would mesh well with the team. The only thing was that they did not give me a decision for over a month later. I was told this was because of scheduling conflicts, but that was quite a lot of time not knowing.

Interview Question – How would you design a shelf life study for a corn syrup?   View Answer

Laboratory Supervisor Interview

Laboratory Supervisor

Interviewed at American Sugar Refining

Interview Details – Very dysfunctional, accepted the offer - because of financial needs.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Chalmette, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at American Sugar Refining in May 2009.

Interview Details – HR did not organize the interview

Operator Interview

Operator
Yonkers, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Sugar Refining.

Interview Details – My interview was long time ago...

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotation

Very Easy Interview

Packaging Superintendent Interview

Packaging Superintendent
Chalmette, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Sugar Refining in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had an impromptu phone interview with the Packaging Manager. Mostly talked about resume. Onsite interview was very unorganized. Met with HR who wasn't prepared to discuss the benefits. This guy is extremely weird. I also met with the Warehouse Manager and the Refinery Manager. Refinery manager always asks you to ask him 3 questions. No set questions asked by anyone. It was more conversational.

Interview Question – None. It was a dysfunctional interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Food Safety Auditor Interview

Food Safety Auditor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Sugar Refining in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview by phone. Interview in person. Job offer.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 20 years?   Answer Question

Worked for American Sugar Refining? Contribute to the Community!