American Sugar Refining Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.6

control tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining.

Interview

Interview process was third party directly with upper management via a recruiter. After several face-to-face interviews, some tests, physical and drug screen process to hire is about 30-120 days. Be ready to grab a vest, boots, hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection and gloves. If you love the smell of making sugar this job is for you.

Interview Questions

• (what not to ask) Is Baltimore safe? (2015 riots)   1 Answer
    • Was asked offline, Are you okay with "Shop Talk"?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable with stairs?   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with a dirty job?   1 Answer

Process Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (Yonkers, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then was called in for 2 interviews and a Plant Tour: 1- Interview with HR Rep, Process Dept. Manager 2- Interview with Refinery Plant Manager, Plant Tour 3- Interview With HR Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• Discussed my experience, position details, various questions on how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I interviewed at American Sugar Refining in May 2014.

Interview

I found the company at a career fair. I was later contacted by HR for a phone interview. About a month later, I was invited for an onsite interview. There were a few others interviewing on the same day. We went on a tour of the sugar factory at the same time. The smell of sugar was very strong, which may or may not be a good thing. After the tour, we all went for lunch. That was followed by one on one interviews. A total of 3 short interviews, one of which was with the HR manager. Any job from this company requires a 2 year rotating training period. Come prepared with many questions to ask, otherwise the interview would seem short.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most challenging part of this job?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Applied online, then received request of phone interview with corporate recruiter. From there, was invited to campus for an in-person interview. It was a small scale innovation center and the atmosphere was welcoming. I spoke with the team I would work with of about 3 people and the head of the department. It was a little nerve-racking since I had to speak with so many people including the head of the department. I was there for about 2.5 hours. It was clear that they wanted to have someone who would mesh well with the team. The only thing was that they did not give me a decision for over a month later. I was told this was because of scheduling conflicts, but that was quite a lot of time not knowing.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a shelf life study for a corn syrup?   1 Answer

Laboratory Supervisor Interview

Interview

Very dysfunctional, accepted the offer - because of financial needs.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

My interview was long time ago...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotation

Packaging Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chalmette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (Chalmette, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

I had an impromptu phone interview with the Packaging Manager. Mostly talked about resume. Onsite interview was very unorganized. Met with HR who wasn't prepared to discuss the benefits. This guy is extremely weird. I also met with the Warehouse Manager and the Refinery Manager. Refinery manager always asks you to ask him 3 questions. No set questions asked by anyone. It was more conversational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chalmette, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining (Chalmette, LA) in May 2009.

Interview

HR did not organize the interview

Food Safety Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Sugar Refining in July 2010.

Interview

Interview by phone. Interview in person. Job offer.