American Support

2.1

Outbound Sales Representative (Fulltime) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Hill, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holly Hill, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at American Support in September 2014.

The First step is what they call a PC test where they check your computer speed then a belarc advisor test that tells them what software you running on your computer etc. Once you pass the PC TEST they call you and set up a phone screening where they ask for your availability for a formal interview. After interview set up they will send you an email with a script for you to read during the interview and also they will ask you series of questions pertaining to your experience, if you know about the company and if you have worked from home before. After the interview, they will tell you if you are selected they will call you by Thursday but in my case they called me back hours later to offer me the position. You will then be sent a new hire package by email to fill out your I9 and scan your ID'S and also your payroll through ADP. After filling out your I9 form page 7-8 you will first have to scan them and send them through email for them to approve them before sending them to them through standard mail. All these steps must be completed within 24hrs of being offered the position. The I9 forms must be sent priority mail with a tracking number which costs about 5.60-5.75 max. Once you email them the tracking number you are released for training the following week. Start pay is 9/hr then 10/hr after 30days. They hold 1wk pay so when you leave the company you still get 1 check.

Interview Questions
    • Put these 4 words from most important to least important. integrity, self disciplined, honest, persistent   View Answer
    Every situation is different. It depends how desperate you need the job and if you are able to pass the offer and still come out ontop.

Telesales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Support in September 2014.

I applied online. They use Belarc application tool that takes an audit of your PC system to be sure your PC will be compatible, was really easy to download and launch. It was quite a simple interview process and I got an email response for a phone interview in a matter of couple days. The phone interview was short and easy to complete. Just be sure you have your previous work experience handy, especially call center & sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was they ask you to put these in order based on how importance: Self discipline, Integrity, Persistence, & Honesty.   Answer Question
    It's work from home position and there's not much room for negotiation.

Outbound Telesales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Support in July 2014.

they call you, give you a script to rehearse, (I totally bombed) then offers you employment. you basically have 1 day (if needed they'll give you 2) to prepare then they call and pretend to be a customer. my interviewer thought it was funny to kinda (in my opinion go off script) he was 2 customers (said I couldn't handle original person so changed it up a bit) weird

Interview Questions
    • there weren't any real stumpers only that its hard to try to sell something based on a website   Answer Question
    they literally hire anyone

Virtual Outbound Telesales Agent-Comcast Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Support in May 2014.

Applied online
    Received email to test my PC 2 days later. That process consisted of following the steps listed in the email ( speed, operating system, and things installed on your PC will all be submitted from this scan)
    Received call from recruiter 2 days later.
    We discussed the position in detail for Comcast campaign, pay, benefits, hours.
    Went over my resume, and previous experience. Was told training was the coming Monday so if job offered, it would be crunch time to ensure all paperwork is in on time. Was set up with an interview for the next morning. She emailed me a link with a script to go over for the interview.

The interview was simple and basic. She asked me to sell her a product, and to try to close a sale. It took 30 minutes. Recruiter called back two hours later to offer the position. She sent detailed emails regarding what was needed.

I had to scan my ID and SS Card and I9 Form and send via email for approval. Then I had to go to the PO and mail the I9 Form with witness page to the company. It cost $5.60 to send and obtain tracking number. You have to email your tracking number to them. Also in the email is a link to ADP Payroll to create a login and set up your payroll account and W4 forms.

After they have your tracking number, you are cleared for training. You receive a webinar email with instructions to log on and enter training.

Must have hard wired internet connection as Wi-Fi is unstable.
    Must have USB headset to use. Their system does not support 3.5mm Jack connection.

She stated training was 8.50 per hour
    Called day of training and said they changed their training pay to 9.00 per hour
    After training and 30 days increase to 10.00.
    After a few months if your performance and sales show over achievement, you can accept a Senior Agent position for 12.50.

Chump Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Support.

Do you breathe? You will get hired

Interview Questions
    • Do you like working hardly any hours? Sure.   View Answer
    Who cares

Telesales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Support in April 2013.

Pretty smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Many technical issues came up and training did not teach me.   Answer Question

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Support in March 2013.

I interviewed with the Training Director. He asked questions about both my training and instructional design experience. He was really laid back and helpful. Answered all my questions.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me about my biggest job related failure. I was prepared to talk about weaknesses, but had a hard time recalling a failure.   Answer Question

Phones Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Support in November 2012.

came in and sat in a chair to call people that have been called 50 times already

I was desperate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Support in November 2012.

Basically read a script, run a background check

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havelock, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havelock, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Support in August 2012.

Pretty much you fill out an initial assessment package, a recruiter contacts you and tell you to do a PC check. You then turn those results in to them and they tell you you can go on to the next step which is a phone interview. You do a phone interview with a very nice person and she sets you up with a hiring package if you get selected for the job. Note: you must have some kind of sales or customer service background or you will not know how to answer the questions. Finish all your paperwork and ADP will send you a link to set up all your new hire info. You will have to buy a USB headset or have a dedicated landline, both are super cheap to get. I start Training on Monday, its a week long, and you do get paid for the hours you work during training which is all laid out in your Offer Letter.

Interview Questions
    There was really no negotiating because your recruiter isnt your boss, you negotiate with him or her once you complete training.