American Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Latent Print Technician Interview

Latent Print Technician
Chantilly, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview and nothing else. just a few questions on chain of custody and basic forensic questions that anyone can answer. Anyone who has a criminology degree or forensic can apply and easily get the job and it takes no time at all

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. take it or leave it offer

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Chantilly, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at American Systems.

Interview Details – Great exposure to both the Human Resources team, Executive team and key leaders in the Operations team during the interview process. All my interview questions were answered accurately and candidly. You could clearly feel the "team spirit" within the company during the interview process.

Interview Question – could you stay a few hours longer than we originally planned to meet other people in the company (which was a great question to receive).   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Chantilly, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Systems in January 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume and cover letter. I received a call that day to set up a phone interview time.

The phone interview was very straight forward, basic question about interests to see if the position was a fit. The next day I received a call to schedule an in-person interview.

The in-person interview lasted between 2-3 hours. I met with several key people such as the VP of the department, the direct supervisor, and other coworkers.

The day after I received a job offer.

Interview Question – How do you feel about current economic policy?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Systems.

Interview Details – Standard process

Interview Question – No set interview questions. Questions and interview styles will vary depending on who conducts the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Corporate Staff Interview

Corporate Staff
Chantilly, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at American Systems in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited for an interview and they completely wasted my time. Had an interview over the phone at first and that went really well, they were impressed with my experience and background. They invited me to meet with the hiring manager, but when I showed up at their office, it was very obvious that I am not their "type" They were definitely expecting a caucasian and I am hispanic. It was obvious immediately that they were put off by my ethnicity, even though I have more than 20 years of experience, a masters degree and speak three languages fluently.
They made a lame excuse about the hiring manager being called to another meeting and dismiss me without even giving me an employment application. They do not follow EEOC and OFCCP regulations and they acted like they would prefer to see me cleaning their toilets than as an executive of their company managing staff. I have never felt more humiliated in my professional career.

Interview Questions

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Chantilly, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Systems in June 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was conducted through phone for screening purposes. Second interview was conducted at HQ (Head Quarters), panel style. Interview conducted of skills, availability, and other pertinent traits. Any advice to the person(s) reading this would to just be open minded, friendly, and most important to show why you are the best candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Systems interview questions and advice in Chantilly, VA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Systems employees and interview candidates.