American Tower

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Specialist Service Delivery Interview

Woburn, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at American Tower in January 2012.

Interview Details – Female interviewer more concerned with looking the applicant up and down to judge what she was wearing. Male lead interviewer completely contradicted himself by stating they were interested in someone who is highly adaptable yet adheres to company procedures, acknowledging that said candidate demonstrates this nicely, then during follow-up decline meeting he undermined candidacy by stating adherence to procedures would be a pitfall. Meanwhile, this point was specifically laid out in the job description!!

Interview Question – What does QA / QC mean to you?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Woburn, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Tower in February 2013.

Interview Details – Easy straightforward applied through college career center. Had on campus interview within a week and was asked into the office for a series of in person interviews. Interviewed for two different positions and interviewed with two personell from each of the two departments. Overall it was straightforward mostly them explaining company background and followed up by some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – For the Strategy position there was a case study involving a grocery store.   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Project Specialist
Woburn, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Tower in October 2012.

Interview Details – For most positions above entry level, management appears to pick their candidate first, and conduct interviews mainly as a formality. Most of the time, employees can predict who will get the promotion.

Interview Question – If you were training someone who told you, "I don't care what you say, I'm going to do things the way the Manager said.", what would you do?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Territory Supervisor Interview

Woburn, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Tower.

Interview Details – After a great initial interview at a hiring conference, AMT flew me out to their Woburn, MA headquarters. The interview consisted of four separate 1 hour interviews with HR and 3 Network Ops supervisors. All four individuals asked the typical behavioral questions and actually provided feedback on what I was saying, whereas most interviewers just sit and write notes.

Interview Question – What 3 words would your past Direct Reports use to describe you?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Woburn, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Tower in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process consisted if four rounds which is the most in my career. The questions were good. The panel interviews consisted of very green individuals that had started in entry level positions on the Business side. They were smart and politically savvy and had grown fast in there careers. However, they were not necessarily familiar with how senior IT PMs operate in other companies. They selected based on what seemed to be one set of criteria. After hiring, they were happy with their choices for varying degrees of time. One mistake was all it took for everything to turn.

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge on a project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went in as a contractor and quickly went perm. Take your time. Ask for more. The pay range is wider than I had thought.

Very Easy Interview

Quality Assurance Internship Interview

Woburn, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at American Tower in January 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email showing interest in hiring me for the job. I responded to the email and set up some time for the interview over the phone. I was interviewed by two people (the Senior QA Analyst and the Senior Software Developer) for about 30 minutes total. They mostly asked me questions about my resume and my past accomplishments. There were no technical questions. At the end of the interview they told me I would receive a job offer, which I did via email a few days later. Overall the interview was very laid back and friendly.

Interview Question – Please explain X on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the hourly pay ($18/hr). I may have been able to raise it slightly, but overall I think they would have probably hired someone else, since the position was not very technical in nature.

Market Intern Interview

Woburn, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Tower in May 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call from the HR for basic screening. Subsequently, i was invited to the office, as i lived in Boston, for an in person interview. I met the director of the marketing group. They were looking for someone with experience in telecom industry and i met that criteria. He asked me about my previous experience, questions around me resume, how can i make a difference and gave me more details about the profile.

I received a call very next day to meet the VP, marketing. He did not ask me too many questions. it was almost like i was already part of the team and he wanted to welcome me and tell me more about the organization and the group. I received my final offer within a day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They are not very good payers. If people can negotiate on that.

Business Applications Analyst Interview

Business Applications Analyst
Woburn, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Tower in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview went well, but Management unaware of details

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – none

Project Manager Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Tower in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview was conducted via phone, follow up interviews in person, vistied 2 of the three locations, spoke with stakeholders and direct supervisor. Intelligent, professional, direct questions related to industry and professionla experience.

Interview Question – Can you talk to the types of development projects you've worked on in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated through a recruiter, very flexible - above average for location.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for American Tower? Contribute to the Community!

American Tower – Why Work for Us?

Over the past few years American Tower has enjoyed tremendous global growth. Today, employees on four continents and in ten markets are responsible for the Company’s success. They work together to provide services and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Tower interview questions and advice in Boston, MA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Tower employees and interview candidates.