American Traffic Solutions

2.5

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Traffic Solutions.

A bit convoluted; towards the end, I was about ready to say I was no longer interested. In fact, I told the department head, "Is THIS how it's going to be once I get hired?" The recruiter found me on LinkedIn and really sold me on the company, as I wasn't interested. (I'm glad he did!) If memory serves...I went through a phone interview; I was asked to come in for an interview with my direct manager; I was asked to come back in for an interview with my direct manager and his/her manager (the department head) and to take a little writing test; I was asked to come back in for an interview with my direct manager and one of the senior executives, who demanded I provide another writing example. Whew! Then, there was the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical and nothing seemed difficult or unexpected. Well, except for having to provide an example of my writing. That was unexpected and more than annoying, as I'd already gone through the writing test and had the years of experience and references to prove I was "the real deal." It just seemed a bit over the top and as though the senior executive wanted to show me, my direct manager, and his/her manager who was the boss. The process bordered on "dealth by interview," with just one more hoop to jump through over and over. I am glad I stuck with it, as I very much like my work and team. But it did start to make me think the company was too disorganized, didn't know what they wanted, and didn't know quality when they saw it. My manager and his/her manager to this day insist it was unusual and took them by surprise, so I don't know that everyone should expect so much running about.   Answer Question
    The recruiter handled all interfacing, from scheduling the interviews to making the offer. He had indicated the salary range before I accepted the first interview and then he made the offer at the top of the range. I countered for more, saying I would not require insurance and, therefore, would cost the company less. (All true!) He said he'd have to get back to me, at which time he agreed to my counter offer. He was always easy to reach, quick to return phone calls, and super professional.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Traffic Solutions.

Recruiter calls - conducts phone interview
    Recruiter calls - schedules a phone interview with hiring manager
    Recruiter calls - schedules a in-person meeting (interview is by a panel)
    Hiring Manager calls- 2nd in-person interview - offer provided
    Salary Negotiation
    Hired

Interview Questions
    • The interview process contains many behavioral type questions. The same type of scenario or question is asked differently. If you provide a different answer, then you may not get the job as it displays the inability to make a decision.   Answer Question
    Not difficult.

Violation Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Traffic Solutions.

A recruiter from American Traffic Solutions called and left a voicemail about a job I applied for and wanted to discuss the job and my experience. I returned the call twice, several hours apart and made myself available to speak with her when they called back, to which she never did.
    Then to add salt to the wound of job searching I get an email thanking me for applying but no thanks and then a second email that thanks me for discussing the position and my experience. A discussion that never took place.
    Seriously? In this economy you can have the pick of thousands but I find it incredibly inconsiderate not to mention frustrating to call to set up an interview or "discussion" and then just leave an applicant hanging for several days before sending these inappropriate and inaccurate emails.
    I wonder if this is an indication of how employees are treated at American Traffic Solutions generally.

Interview Questions
    • No questions as the recruiter never returned the call.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Traffic Solutions in April 2013.

Several interviews

Interview Questions
    • Focused on uniqueness of business of selling to local governments   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Traffic Solutions in January 2010.

I was contacted by the company, they had received my resume through a third party. I had an impromptu phone interview, followed by an in person interview at the location where I am supporting with the regional field service manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked several questions based on my resume in particular on PWM and microwave technologies.   Answer Question
    they made a very generous offer to have me come on board to turn the contract around and promote success.

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Traffic Solutions in November 2009.

I received a call from a corporate recruiter some two+ months after applying online. The "phone screen" was not focused on my specialized training, certifications, graduate degrees, or work experience but rather on (a) whether or not I would relocate at my own expense and (b) the minimum salary that I would accept.

The recruiter could not answer many of my basic questions about the position.

From my discussions with the recruiter, I have the understanding that (a) salaries are quite low compared to similar positions at other companies and (b) employee benefits are rather marginal (high deductibles and high monthly premiums).

I later left a voice message to withdraw my candidacy.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Traffic Solutions in August 2010.

Phone interview with HR & Hiring Manager. On-site interview followed.