American Transport Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Logistics Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Transport Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – I initially found ATG at a University job fair. I spoke with their representative and exchanged information. I had my first phone interview with a person from HR within a week which lasted 30 minutes and was focused on generic "get to know you" questions. The initial phone interview was followed up by two more phone interviews with acting managers that got into much more detail. I was then asked to come into their head quarters for an in person interview. You spend twenty minutes with two current employees to see what their day is typically like and the work environment before a one on one interview with a manger. The in person interview lasted about two hours in total.

Interview Question – Can you explain how third party logistics works?   Answer Question

Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Logistics Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Transport Group.

Interview Details – Talked to them originally through campus fair. Then had a very brief phone interview, which they forgot about until I had to call. Then was invited to the come into the office for a visit. This took several weeks to set up because of the office "forgetting" to email me. I had to call twice and email numerous times to confirm a time for me to come in. When I finally got to the office, it seemed pretty nice until I had to talk to anyone. Everyone was very unprofessional and was alot more concerned with their work than talking to me. I was made to sit around more than anything. Seemed like they were looking for a future friend rather than an employee.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in a sales position?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Transport Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – I first got in touch with the company through a career fair at my university. I visited their table, expressed my interest in the sales position, and they immediately offered me an on-campus interview for the following day. The on-campus interview was one-on-one with a hiring manager and lasted about 20 minutes. I was then called later that week to come in for an office interview. This interview was with four different people - 2 from the sales team and two hiring managers. This was the final step in the process and I was offered a job about a week and a half later.

Interview Question – None of the questions were all too difficult as long as you have a background in sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate.

Logstic Sales Representative Interview

Logstic Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Transport Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – Learned about ATG through my Career Center at school. First you submit your resume, then you get a 1:1 preliminary interview with someone from HR, once you pass that you will have a phone interview with a manager. If they like you you will be asked to come in to the office for an interview with a few other managers and for a tour of the office. My advice is be pleasant, outgoing, and ask lot's of questions! Especially during your first few interviews (phone interview) so you are prepared to answer tougher questions when you are asked to come in for your final interview. Do your reasearch on the company, and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Logistics Account Sales Representative Interview

Logistics Account Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Transport Group.

Interview Details – 6 Short interviews- you start by shadowing two sales people on the floor and simply just sit there and chat. Next you meet with two upper-level managers and they ask questions like "Tell me something about you thats not on your resume" and they ask you about yourself overall. Very basic questions- the interview is entirely behavioral.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?- That one wasn't even hard but I dont have anything else for you   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The deadline to accept was not nearly enough time

Worked for American Transport Group? Contribute to the Community!