American Type Culture Collection Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2014
10 interviews

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I interviewed online - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection.

I was contacted in regards to coming in for a face-to-face interview. It consisted of 4 interviews, each 30 to 45 minutes in length, and included interviews from your potential supervisor, the director of the department, HR, and a leading scientist at the company.

I negotiated salary, but they did not budge much.

Associate Biologist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection.

1:1 interview with 4 individuals and an HR overview.

No negotiation.

Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection.

The interview consisted of 1:1 interviews with four individuals, and an overview with HR. I also gave a presentation on my previous research and that presentation was open to the entire company.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were straightforward and were typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The salary was set at a fixed amount.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection in September 2012.

Two interviews

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle the "legacy issue" of the past HR leader?   View Answer

Distrust of senior leadership.

Biologist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection.

had a phone interview 2 weeks after submitting resume on company website. On site interview was 5 hours including 45 mins presentation and lunch.

low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection.

Applied online. Submitted a resume, cover letter was not required. I was then contacted by someone in HR and asked if I could come in for an interview. The interview was broken up into three sections: HR interview, direct supervisor, and upper management.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do in order to manage all of the tasks that you will have daily, weekly, monthly, etc.   View Answer
    Not applicable, salaris are structured. Start at the base, receive merit based raises (not a lot), then after three years, you get bumped up to the next position and receive a larger raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection in September 2008.

Online application, brief telephone interview, extensive background check, interview with HR and supervisors, immediate job offer.

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection in January 2010.

Interview was very long. I met with HR, then the director, potential supervisor and other supervisors, scientists, and coworkers.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection in July 2010.

1. Phone interview with potential supervisor.
    2. Full-day interview with key members of team - 6 person in total, including colleague, supervisor, supervisor's supervisor, human resources' rep, head of collection and lead of production team. No interview with direct report.
    3. Process was well-organized - designated conference room, 45 minutes per person. Lunch was provided (outside) - with supervisor only.
    4. Decision has been made within next few days.
    5. References were checked (by recruiter) after interview

Interview Questions
    Recruiter was able to negotiate everything. I did nothing.

Virology Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at American Type Culture Collection in September 2009.

Applied online, was contacted by human resources to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went well. was not asked too many questions mostly the hiring manager described the position, the company, and the benefits package. Seems like a good company with good benefits but took a long time to get back to me with any info about position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Type Culture Collection

Worked for American Type Culture Collection? Contribute to the Community!