American Water Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Water (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with behavioral question. Follow interview with manager, and more behavioral questions. The manager didn't care for something I said, she went from laughter to un-pleasant within one question. She then told me she would decide later and would get a call later that day, I never heard from them again.

Operations Tech GPS/Asset Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delran, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Water (Delran, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview came from HR 2 weeks after applying. I met with 2 managers and they were both easy to talk to and it wasn't intimidating at all. First couple of questions were standard; discussing yourself, experience and other things on your resume. The bulk of the interview was more technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time where you had to use problem solving skills and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your relationship with previous managers?   Answer Question
    • What kinds of software, GIS and GPS are you most experienced at?   Answer Question

Business Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Water (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

first interview was via phone. next stage was a half day of interviews with multiple people. all went well or so it seemed. i followed up with the recruiter who got me in front of the company and then never heard another peep. I followed up with each individual that I interviewed with and still received no reply. not even a courtesy reply via email. not very professional in my estimation. I believe the recruiter had everything to do with me not getting the job, if it was given at all, nor being replied to. I will review her recruiting business and have more to say about Kathleen.

Interview Questions

• Biography with performance / results information   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Water.

Interview

Was contacted and interviewed by a recruiter and told about the position, seemed like a great fit with my background doing mergers and acquisitions. We settled on a rate and was submitted for the role. Interest and an interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. On the day of the interview with the hiring manager the interview was cancelled 10 minutes after the scheduled time because after further review they felt i was over qualified for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Could i explain my experience with corporate Mergers and Acquisitons.   Answer Question

Category Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Water (Cherry Hill, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. No phone screen. Interview setup via email by HR person that I never spoke to or met. In person interview with a panel, including hiring manager, and manager above that, plus one other department person. Though I emailed the HR person after my interview, I never heard a response of any kind.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Water (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Over the phone interview that took over about a hour to complete. Most questions were behavior in nature. And or course the question they always have, What do you think you could do to help improve our company.

Interview Questions

• What projects did you feel you could have done better at.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Water (New Orleans, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online then was contacted by HR 3 days later. HR did a 30 min. interview then scheduled a phone interview with the project managers for the following week. All the questions were technical questions regarding construction management.

Interview Questions

• If a contractor gives you an invoice, how would you verify the work vs the dollar amount?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize project documents and keep track of project costs?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Water (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Interviewed by two people, be prepared to recall upon past experiences.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Was referred to the project manager support position through a recruiting company. The mgr was placed at the company and they referred me as a qualified candidate. I had a 30 -40 minute phone interview. The feedback I received was that I interviewed well but they were looking for someone with more SDLC experience. But this was not a (required) skill listed in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were behavioral and project related; how do you control risks on a project; what were project documentations used in past projects; what is there that you would like to tell me about yourself that I do not know already regarding the position;   Answer Question

Intermediate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Water (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

Fair and reasonable questions.