American Water

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Water in March 2014.

Applied online then was contacted by HR 3 days later. HR did a 30 min. interview then scheduled a phone interview with the project managers for the following week. All the questions were technical questions regarding construction management.

Interview Questions
    • If a contractor gives you an invoice, how would you verify the work vs the dollar amount?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize project documents and keep track of project costs?   Answer Question

Eng Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in August 2008.

local office interview
    local engineering staff
    office tour
    2 interviews
    great process

very quick and to the point. 6 months probation

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Water in November 2013.

After a phone interview, two face to face interviews, skills test, background check (including driving, credit and criminal) plus a DOT physical, I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions, not hard, but if your nervous the answers might not come to you quickly.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Good salary, good PTO, excellent benefits.

Intermediate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Water.

Fair and reasonable questions.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Water in January 2014.

Was referred to the project manager support position through a recruiting company. The mgr was placed at the company and they referred me as a qualified candidate. I had a 30 -40 minute phone interview. The feedback I received was that I interviewed well but they were looking for someone with more SDLC experience. But this was not a (required) skill listed in the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were behavioral and project related; how do you control risks on a project; what were project documentations used in past projects; what is there that you would like to tell me about yourself that I do not know already regarding the position;   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online – interviewed at American Water.

Interviewed by two people, be prepared to recall upon past experiences.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water in July 2008.

I was called for an interview, and upon my arrival I was greated by a Supervisor and given a general interview, which was then followed by a skills assesment test, then a final interview with an HR Representative. This lead to my job offer!

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you think you possess that will make you an asset to our company..?   Answer Question
    • Does working in a team environment benfit you and/or and to your individual skills..?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in September 2009.

Phone interview with HR followed by in person interview. Interview was behavioral.

No negotiation

Accounting Specialist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water in October 2010.

had a prelist set of interview questions. Most of the questions were situational questions so be prepared to recall upon your experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time you had a conflict/disagreement with a manager and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water in May 2011.

I met with the hiring manager and a project manager, they asked about my experience, how I deal with challenging situations, described the tasks and work environment.
    I got a very positive impression of the people, the office and corporate culture. The people who interviewed me seemed busy, but relaxed and happy.

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with SMEs who don't want or are too busy to give you the needed information   Answer Question