American Water

20 candidate interviews

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Voorhees, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at American Water.

Interview Details – Was called by two in house recruiters and was told I would be contacted for an in person interview. I was never contacted. I called 4 or 5 times during a three month period to follow up and inquire as to what happened and never received a call back. Very disappointed after having spent at least an hour on the phone with the recruiter.

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Water in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial screening was done by corporate office HR by phone. Was called back the day after to schedule an in-person interview at the office where the job was located. Interview was a very organized conference call with 3 interviewers total and lasted about an hour. Was called the day after the interview with the offer. Process after the initial phone screen was quick. In person interview was primarily a standard behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Name a time you made a mistake and how you handled it   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Water in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by phone regarding previous experience and education. They went with someone with more experience than I had.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Water in April 2010.

Interview Details – There is a technical phone interview, then an in person 1:group HR type interview. The final step is a 1:1 with a director

Interview Question – Why are you looking to change jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more vacation.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Accounting Specialist
Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Water in March 2009.

Interview Details – 1st interview was with the HR VP which lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were standard interview questions from a list. (i.e. Your strengths/ weaknesses, Why American Water?, Difficult situations, etc.)
2nd interview was right after the first and was with the department manager and a supervisor. Questions were more informal, and some were directed at skills. This interview was mostly conversational.

Interview Question – Tell me about a past professional experience that put you in an ethical dilemma, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Alton, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at American Water in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hired during a mass hiring right after a job fair. Total process took about a week, but the company had just opened and had several positions to fill.

Interview Question – The type of interview questions asked are "behavioral interview" questions. Basically tell me about a time........   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Water in November 2013.

Interview Details – After a phone interview, two face to face interviews, skills test, background check (including driving, credit and criminal) plus a DOT physical, I got an offer.

Interview Question – A lot of behavioral questions, not hard, but if your nervous the answers might not come to you quickly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Good salary, good PTO, excellent benefits.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at American Water in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacte by phone two week after my online application. The entire process was pleasant. Everyone involved, for secretary to the hiring manager were friendly. The intervire went well as far as I am concerned, even though I did not get the job. High level of competition I guess.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project you lead and the challenges you faced while leading it   View Answer
  • If someone who worked with you were asked to describe you, what would they say?   View Answer

Intermediate Financial Analyst Interview

Intermediate Financial Analyst
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at American Water.

Interview Details – Fair and reasonable questions.

Interview Question – None that I can recall.   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Project Analyst
Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at American Water in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was referred to the project manager support position through a recruiting company. The mgr was placed at the company and they referred me as a qualified candidate. I had a 30 -40 minute phone interview. The feedback I received was that I interviewed well but they were looking for someone with more SDLC experience. But this was not a (required) skill listed in the job description.

Interview Question – Questions asked were behavioral and project related; how do you control risks on a project; what were project documentations used in past projects; what is there that you would like to tell me about yourself that I do not know already regarding the position;   Answer Question

Worked for American Water? Contribute to the Community!