American Water

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at American Water.

Was called by two in house recruiters and was told I would be contacted for an in person interview. I was never contacted. I called 4 or 5 times during a three month period to follow up and inquire as to what happened and never received a call back. Very disappointed after having spent at least an hour on the phone with the recruiter.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in December 2013.

Initial screening was done by corporate office HR by phone. Was called back the day after to schedule an in-person interview at the office where the job was located. Interview was a very organized conference call with 3 interviewers total and lasted about an hour. Was called the day after the interview with the offer. Process after the initial phone screen was quick. In person interview was primarily a standard behavioral interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in October 2014.

Applied online. Had a phone interview with a regional HR rep. After that I met with the hiring manager for an informal interview. I then went to an onsite interview that involved behavioral/experience questions. I had one more informal interview where we went out to lunch.

Interview Questions

I received another offer that I couldn't pass up.

Financial Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water in July 2010.

Interviewed by phone regarding previous experience and education. They went with someone with more experience than I had.

Senior Java Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in April 2010.

There is a technical phone interview, then an in person 1:group HR type interview. The final step is a 1:1 with a director

Ask for more vacation.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water in March 2009.

1st interview was with the HR VP which lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were standard interview questions from a list. (i.e. Your strengths/ weaknesses, Why American Water?, Difficult situations, etc.)
    2nd interview was right after the first and was with the department manager and a supervisor. Questions were more informal, and some were directed at skills. This interview was mostly conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a past professional experience that put you in an ethical dilemma, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water in June 2010.

Hired during a mass hiring right after a job fair. Total process took about a week, but the company had just opened and had several positions to fill.

Interview Questions
    • The type of interview questions asked are "behavioral interview" questions. Basically tell me about a time........   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Water in November 2013.

After a phone interview, two face to face interviews, skills test, background check (including driving, credit and criminal) plus a DOT physical, I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions, not hard, but if your nervous the answers might not come to you quickly.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Good salary, good PTO, excellent benefits.

Category Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Water in October 2014.

Applied online. No phone screen. Interview setup via email by HR person that I never spoke to or met. In person interview with a panel, including hiring manager, and manager above that, plus one other department person. Though I emailed the HR person after my interview, I never heard a response of any kind.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water in November 2009.

I was contacte by phone two week after my online application. The entire process was pleasant. Everyone involved, for secretary to the hiring manager were friendly. The intervire went well as far as I am concerned, even though I did not get the job. High level of competition I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a project you lead and the challenges you faced while leading it   View Answer
    • If someone who worked with you were asked to describe you, what would they say?   View Answer