American Water Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.8

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ).

Interview

Was called by two in house recruiters and was told I would be contacted for an in person interview. I was never contacted. I called 4 or 5 times during a three month period to follow up and inquire as to what happened and never received a call back. Very disappointed after having spent at least an hour on the phone with the recruiter.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial screening was done by corporate office HR by phone. Was called back the day after to schedule an in-person interview at the office where the job was located. Interview was a very organized conference call with 3 interviewers total and lasted about an hour. Was called the day after the interview with the offer. Process after the initial phone screen was quick. In person interview was primarily a standard behavioral interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Water (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with a regional HR rep. After that I met with the hiring manager for an informal interview. I then went to an onsite interview that involved behavioral/experience questions. I had one more informal interview where we went out to lunch.

Interview Questions

I received another offer that I couldn't pass up.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Water.

Interview

Was contacted and interviewed by a recruiter and told about the position, seemed like a great fit with my background doing mergers and acquisitions. We settled on a rate and was submitted for the role. Interest and an interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. On the day of the interview with the hiring manager the interview was cancelled 10 minutes after the scheduled time because after further review they felt i was over qualified for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Could i explain my experience with corporate Mergers and Acquisitons.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by phone regarding previous experience and education. They went with someone with more experience than I had.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in April 2010.

Interview

There is a technical phone interview, then an in person 1:group HR type interview. The final step is a 1:1 with a director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more vacation.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2009.

Interview

1st interview was with the HR VP which lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were standard interview questions from a list. (i.e. Your strengths/ weaknesses, Why American Water?, Difficult situations, etc.)
    2nd interview was right after the first and was with the department manager and a supervisor. Questions were more informal, and some were directed at skills. This interview was mostly conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a past professional experience that put you in an ethical dilemma, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water (Alton, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Hired during a mass hiring right after a job fair. Total process took about a week, but the company had just opened and had several positions to fill.

Interview Questions

• The type of interview questions asked are "behavioral interview" questions. Basically tell me about a time........   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Water in November 2013.

Interview

After a phone interview, two face to face interviews, skills test, background check (including driving, credit and criminal) plus a DOT physical, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions, not hard, but if your nervous the answers might not come to you quickly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Good salary, good PTO, excellent benefits.

Category Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Water (Cherry Hill, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. No phone screen. Interview setup via email by HR person that I never spoke to or met. In person interview with a panel, including hiring manager, and manager above that, plus one other department person. Though I emailed the HR person after my interview, I never heard a response of any kind.