American Water Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Water (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with behavioral question. Follow interview with manager, and more behavioral questions. The manager didn't care for something I said, she went from laughter to un-pleasant within one question. She then told me she would decide later and would get a call later that day, I never heard from them again.

Business Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

first interview was via phone. next stage was a half day of interviews with multiple people. all went well or so it seemed. i followed up with the recruiter who got me in front of the company and then never heard another peep. I followed up with each individual that I interviewed with and still received no reply. not even a courtesy reply via email. not very professional in my estimation. I believe the recruiter had everything to do with me not getting the job, if it was given at all, nor being replied to. I will review her recruiting business and have more to say about Kathleen.

Interview Questions

• Biography with performance / results information   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Water (Skokie, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

conference call, face to face, two telephone, somewhat unorganized, long, lot of questions. called reference and ask 30 minutes of questions. physical and drug test was too much. received offer letter after reminding HR.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Water (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Over the phone interview that took over about a hour to complete. Most questions were behavior in nature. And or course the question they always have, What do you think you could do to help improve our company.

Interview Questions

• What projects did you feel you could have done better at.   1 Answer

Operations Tech GPS/Asset Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delran, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Water (Delran, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview came from HR 2 weeks after applying. I met with 2 managers and they were both easy to talk to and it wasn't intimidating at all. First couple of questions were standard; discussing yourself, experience and other things on your resume. The bulk of the interview was more technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time where you had to use problem solving skills and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your relationship with previous managers?   Answer Question
    • What kinds of software, GIS and GPS are you most experienced at?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Water.

Interview

Was contacted and interviewed by a recruiter and told about the position, seemed like a great fit with my background doing mergers and acquisitions. We settled on a rate and was submitted for the role. Interest and an interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. On the day of the interview with the hiring manager the interview was cancelled 10 minutes after the scheduled time because after further review they felt i was over qualified for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Could i explain my experience with corporate Mergers and Acquisitons.   Answer Question

Category Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Water (Cherry Hill, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. No phone screen. Interview setup via email by HR person that I never spoke to or met. In person interview with a panel, including hiring manager, and manager above that, plus one other department person. Though I emailed the HR person after my interview, I never heard a response of any kind.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at American Water (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with a regional HR rep. After that I met with the hiring manager for an informal interview. I then went to an onsite interview that involved behavioral/experience questions. I had one more informal interview where we went out to lunch.

Interview Questions

I received another offer that I couldn't pass up.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water (Alton, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Hired during a mass hiring right after a job fair. Total process took about a week, but the company had just opened and had several positions to fill.

Interview Questions

• The type of interview questions asked are "behavioral interview" questions. Basically tell me about a time........   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Water in November 2013.

Interview

After a phone interview, two face to face interviews, skills test, background check (including driving, credit and criminal) plus a DOT physical, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions, not hard, but if your nervous the answers might not come to you quickly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Good salary, good PTO, excellent benefits.