American Water Interview Questions

2.8

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water in June 2010.

Hired during a mass hiring right after a job fair. Total process took about a week, but the company had just opened and had several positions to fill.

Interview Questions
    • The type of interview questions asked are "behavioral interview" questions. Basically tell me about a time........   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Water in November 2013.

After a phone interview, two face to face interviews, skills test, background check (including driving, credit and criminal) plus a DOT physical, I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions, not hard, but if your nervous the answers might not come to you quickly.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Good salary, good PTO, excellent benefits.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Water in March 2014.

Applied online then was contacted by HR 3 days later. HR did a 30 min. interview then scheduled a phone interview with the project managers for the following week. All the questions were technical questions regarding construction management.

Interview Questions
    • If a contractor gives you an invoice, how would you verify the work vs the dollar amount?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize project documents and keep track of project costs?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in December 2013.

Initial screening was done by corporate office HR by phone. Was called back the day after to schedule an in-person interview at the office where the job was located. Interview was a very organized conference call with 3 interviewers total and lasted about an hour. Was called the day after the interview with the offer. Process after the initial phone screen was quick. In person interview was primarily a standard behavioral interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online – interviewed at American Water.

Interviewed by two people, be prepared to recall upon past experiences.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Water in January 2014.

Was referred to the project manager support position through a recruiting company. The mgr was placed at the company and they referred me as a qualified candidate. I had a 30 -40 minute phone interview. The feedback I received was that I interviewed well but they were looking for someone with more SDLC experience. But this was not a (required) skill listed in the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were behavioral and project related; how do you control risks on a project; what were project documentations used in past projects; what is there that you would like to tell me about yourself that I do not know already regarding the position;   Answer Question

Intermediate Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Water.

Fair and reasonable questions.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at American Water.

Was called by two in house recruiters and was told I would be contacted for an in person interview. I was never contacted. I called 4 or 5 times during a three month period to follow up and inquire as to what happened and never received a call back. Very disappointed after having spent at least an hour on the phone with the recruiter.

Eng Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in August 2008.

local office interview
    local engineering staff
    office tour
    2 interviews
    great process

very quick and to the point. 6 months probation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in August 2010.

I had an employee referral, but had to apply online in order to get an interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. Questions asked to describe project management processes and how you apply them to projects. The face to face interview was a 2 person panel. Mostly behavioral questions like; how did you correct a project that was behind schedule?

Interview Questions
    • Has a project that you managed ever been cancelled? If so, explain why.   Answer Question