American Water Interview Questions

2.8

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water in May 2011.

I met with the hiring manager and a project manager, they asked about my experience, how I deal with challenging situations, described the tasks and work environment.
    I got a very positive impression of the people, the office and corporate culture. The people who interviewed me seemed busy, but relaxed and happy.

Interview Questions
    • how do you deal with SMEs who don't want or are too busy to give you the needed information   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in August 2010.

I had an employee referral, but had to apply online in order to get an interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. Questions asked to describe project management processes and how you apply them to projects. The face to face interview was a 2 person panel. Mostly behavioral questions like; how did you correct a project that was behind schedule?

Interview Questions
    • Has a project that you managed ever been cancelled? If so, explain why.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water in June 2010.

Hired during a mass hiring right after a job fair. Total process took about a week, but the company had just opened and had several positions to fill.

Interview Questions
    • The type of interview questions asked are "behavioral interview" questions. Basically tell me about a time........   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water in November 2009.

I was contacte by phone two week after my online application. The entire process was pleasant. Everyone involved, for secretary to the hiring manager were friendly. The intervire went well as far as I am concerned, even though I did not get the job. High level of competition I guess.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a project you lead and the challenges you faced while leading it   View Answer
    • If someone who worked with you were asked to describe you, what would they say?   View Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water in March 2009.

1st interview was with the HR VP which lasted about 30 minutes. Questions were standard interview questions from a list. (i.e. Your strengths/ weaknesses, Why American Water?, Difficult situations, etc.)
    2nd interview was right after the first and was with the department manager and a supervisor. Questions were more informal, and some were directed at skills. This interview was mostly conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a past professional experience that put you in an ethical dilemma, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Eng Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Water in August 2008.

local office interview

very quick and to the point. 6 months probation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water in July 2008.

I was called for an interview, and upon my arrival I was greated by a Supervisor and given a general interview, which was then followed by a skills assesment test, then a final interview with an HR Representative. This lead to my job offer!

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you think you possess that will make you an asset to our company..?   Answer Question
    • Does working in a team environment benfit you and/or and to your individual skills..?   Answer Question

Statistical Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Water in January 2011.

Starts off online, then if you pass that, the HR person conducts a preliminary phone interview then a 2nd phone interview then a 3rd interview with the hiring manager. Then a face to face group/panel interview with 2 HR team members, Hiring manager and any interested parties they deam appropriate to attend.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with your boss about a decision that impacted your specific work flow   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you used your skills of influence to get the desired outcome you needed for the task you were doing   View Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at American Water in October 2010.

had a prelist set of interview questions. Most of the questions were situational questions so be prepared to recall upon your experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time you had a conflict/disagreement with a manager and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at American Water in July 2010.

Interviewed by phone regarding previous experience and education. They went with someone with more experience than I had.